Sequel: Demon Eyes
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Indigo Soul

Chapter Four Interested

Chapter Four
Interested
Lazarus

I escorted Karissa into the office and Lady Seraphim smiled at the sight of her. Karissa gave a nervous smile in response. I placed my hand on her shoulder ushering her forwards.
“This is Lady Seraphim our caretaker and mentor. She is the oldest of us”.
I explained. Karissa nodded to her in respect clasping her hands behind her back.

“Nice to meet you Lady Seraphim”.
Lady Seraphim smiled kindly at Karissa coming out from behind her desk.
“It is an honor to finally meet you child. I have waited a long time for you to come to us. We are going to need answers as to why you’ve been above ground so long. Lazarus will take you to the orical tomorrow to get those answers but for now. Please make yourself at home. Lazarus you can introduce her to the others and show her to her room. Maybe get her some new clothes to wear”.

I nodded to her.
“Of course”.
I turned to Karissa gesturing to the door and she smiled at me making her way out of the office. We made our way towards the training room.
“So what do you guys do down here?”
I kept my eyes forwards as we walked.
“We train how to fight demons and other abominations. We also study the many breeds of abominations and demons in a class that Lady Seraphim teaches us. You’ll have a lot of catching up to do. But I’m sure you’ll get the hang of it quickly”.
I assured her as we entered the training room. Everyone stopped what they were doing as we walked in.

“She’s awake!”
Fallon beamed rushing over to us.
“Hello! It’s nice to finally meet you, I’m Fallon”.
Karissa gaped at her and I could tell by the shock on her face she wasn’t use to people being nice to her. Fallon gave a modest smile.
“I mean, sorry I don’t mean to rush you I just”.
Karissa shook her head.
“No, it’s alright. I just. I’m not use to people being so nice to me”.

Karissa admitted. I looked at her sensing the trouble she had in the world above ground. It couldn’t have been easy for her. I looked back to Fallon.
“Well, that changes now. Your among your own kind now Karissa”.

Fallon nodded stepping forwards and giving Karissa a hug.
“Yeah, we’re all the same down here, there’s nothing we wouldn’t do for each other”.
Karissa gave a nervous smile not sure if she could believe what was happening around her. I had to admit I couldn’t blame her for being cautious about these things.
“She’s right. We do”.
Ember said stepping forwards with Skyler.
“I’m Ember and this is Skyler”.
Fallon smiled at them.
“They are like sisters”.
Skyler gave a nod.
“We are! And we’re so happy to meet you Karissa, really it’s great to finally have an even number of people down here”.

“Even number?”
Karissa said, Ember laughed shaking her head.
“Skyler believes the boys had more “power” because there was more of them. Now we have an even number of boys and girls so the power is balanced”.
Ember explained as only she could. I never understood Skyler’s weird number issues. Ashe stepped forwards smiling at her.
“So, you’re the one. I’m gunna look forward to running drills with you”.
He crossed his arms. Karissa looked intimidated.
“This is Ashe, he’s harmless”.
I smirked. Ashe snickered.
“Way to blow my intimidation streak”.

Ember rolled her eyes at him.
“Ignore him, he thinks he’s tough because none of us have ever beat him in drills”.
Karissa smiled shoving her hands in her pockets.
“So, it’s a competition?”
Ashe nodded as he leaned back against the wall.
“Yup! You up for it new girl?”
Karissa shook her head lightly.
“I think it’s a little unfair don’t you? I mean I’m new here”.
Ashe snickered pushing off the wall.
“Alright, I’ll let you off this time. Next time I won’t be so easy on you”.
Eldritch laughed stepping forwards.
“He’s only faster than us because he has no life. Training is his life”.

Eldritch smiled at Karissa.
“I’m Eldritch”.
He kissed the back of her hand smiling at her.
“Nice to meet you Karissa”.
I rolled my eyes at him while Skyler glared at the back of his head. Leviathan stepped forwards keeping his eyes narrowed as he circled Karissa.
“I don’t see anything extraordinary about you. Just another lost girl looking for her place in the world”.

“Leviathan, she’s been through enough today”.
I said, Leviathan smirked at me.
“Oh, let me guess, Seraphim put you in charge of protection”.
Karissa looked at me.
“Yeah she did. So back off!”
I hissed getting between them. Leviathan smirked taking a step back.
“I wonder what the orical will say about this normal girl. I can’t wait until your back with the mortals where you belong. You even smell like them”.

I narrowed my eyes at him.
“You’d know, you smell the girls up there a lot”.
Leviathan was silent after that. I turned Karissa away leading her to her room.
“I apologize for my brother. He’s a dick sometimes most of all if he thinks a human is around”.
Karissa smiled at me shaking her head lightly.
“Not your fault. I’m sure he has his reasons. They aren’t exactly the most understanding race”.
I nodded to her.
“Humans killed our parents. He is actually a powerful prophet but since he started indulging himself in sex with mortal girls and drinking, his powers are weak”.

“Maybe he doesn’t like what he’s seeing”.
Karissa said. My brother had been acting out for years and never once did I stop to think that. It caused me to pause and rethink my judgments of him and his actions.
“This is your room, I hope you like it”.
Karissa smiled sitting on the bed.
“A comfortable bed and four walls with a roof. Sounds like paradise to me”.
I smirked to myself.
“You have an interesting perspective”.
Karissa leaned back on her hands.
“Oh I know, being grateful for what you have is a very rare way to see things in the world today”.

She joked sarcastically. I smirked at her.
“You’ve got clothes in the closet. We don’t go above ground though so everything in here is pretty bland. We have connections above ground who ship us things we need.”
I turned the light on in her bathroom for her.
“Bathrooms here if you want to wash up and towels are in the closet with the clothes we have for you”.
Karissa stood clasping her hands behind her back.
“Sounds like I’m taken care of. Thank you Lazarus”.

I nodded to her.
“Of course, tomorrow after breakfast I’ll take you to the orical and we can get some answers as to why you were above grounds so long”.
Karissa smiled at me standing by the door.
“Some divine plan about suffering and emotional scars granting wisdom and a better understanding of the world we defend?”

I smirked at her.
“You never know. My room is right across the hall if you need me. I don’t normally sleep so, you can come to me anytime”.
Karissa nodded to me.
“I will. Thanks again, for everything”.
I made my way down the hall as she closed the door to her room. I had to admit this girl was probably the most interesting person I’ve ever met. And I liked that about her.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3