Sequel: Demon Eyes
Status: Active, Please be Kind <3

Indigo Soul

Chapter Six Rapture

Chapter Six
Rapture
Lazarus

I placed my hands on Karissa’s shoulders letting her know it was alright. I had noticed how stiff she’d become and wanted to ease any distress I could. The orical continued their weaving with the threads of destiny.
“Lazarus Lunar, you have brought her forwards to accept her fate. You are her keeper, her protector. Her twin flame”.
The orical spoke all of their voices reaching perfect harmony together. Karissa looked back at me as I kept my hands on her shoulders.

“Ease her forward keeper for the time has come for the veil to be lifted”.
They continued. I nodded easing Karissa forwards into a chair that was in the center of their circle. I remained at her side my hands till resting on her shoulders.
“Karissa Kane, daughter of Michael and Isis. Barer of magic and spirit. Guardian of souls and life energy. You have been chosen to slay the dragon. You have been chosen to free us all from the grips of what the gods have brought down upon us. The forces of hell were created by the gods to imprison the fallen angel. The forsaken one who has become the dragon”.

The orical began wasting no time. I could feel how nervous Karissa was.
“The gods punish us with this burden. Leaving us defenseless against it since the divine powers were slain. The powers that created the gods were betrayed by their children. The god of evil was created by the gods themselves. The god of evil slayed the divine powers but they were not destroyed. Soon your paths will cross. The path of light and darkness will unite with shadows and spirit to defeat all evils. However, it is two years in the making and will not happen until the moon glows red and its powers draw you together”.

I narrowed my eyes at this information. Divine power? Destroyed by the gods? None of this made sense to me. But the orical was never wrong. Karissa remained as calm as possible as she continued to listen.
“You will rise where others have fallen. Together with light at your side the Prism and the spirit will unite to slay the ultimate evil. For light is nothing without spirit”.

Karissa nodded but remained silent.
“Angel magic and the magic of the chosen one will merge to create a greater power of protection. In two years’ time, when the butterfly brakes free from her cocoon you and light will unite. Darkness and shadows will also untie. The power of souls and the power of the forsaken will become one”.
I watched as the words appeared on the scroll they were weaving.
“However you have questions daughter of Michael. Ask them and we shall answer”.

Karissa cleared her throat before speaking again.
“I want to know why I was above ground for so long”.
Karissa said I knew it took a lot for her to come out and ask them feeling as intimidated as she was.

“You were above ground because that is where your were meant to be. To learn about humanity the bad, the evil. All the things that influences them. You were granted a sense of humanity yourself. No earth angel knows what it is to live among the ones they protect. You have witnessed them at their worst and yet your heart still tells you they are worth saving”.

Karissa nodded curling her fists into her lap.
“I had a friend, well. I thought she was a friend”.
“Lilith”.
The orical spoke. Karissa lifted her gaze to them no longer feeling nervous, now she simply wanted answers.
“Lilith is not what she seems. Lilith is not good or evil, she is both. For she is half angel half demon. She will never understand what it is to be truly good or evil. She is meant to be nothing more than a victim in the war against evil. Your war is against beings of hell. The realm must be destroyed and you must destroy it for only then can the true war begin”.
I narrowed my eyes at them.

“So we end one war and start another?”
I questioned. The orical didn’t look directly at me when they spoke.
“The war of good and evil is the true war we all fight. Hell and Heaven are merely pawns in that war. We are all sinners, angels, demons, monsters, gods. We are all victims of our wrong doings. Only she can end it truly. With the aid of Spirit on her side”.
Karissa sat forwards looking at them.
“This light, am I kin to it?”
“You were once child, and you will be again. The light does not remember you yet, but when she does. When the cocoon shatters around her. She will remember and she will come”.

I still didn’t know what was happening here. All this talk of higher power and light and darkness. It was confusing.
“A warning to you child of Michael, The Rapture is coming”.
My eyes narrowed at them as they fell silent and the weaving stopped. Karissa looked up at me.
“Was that it?”
I nodded bringing her to her feet.
“Looks like it. We need to find a safe place to spend the night”.

As we filed out of the room Karissa turned to me.
“This talk about a higher power. It doesn’t sound like something our parents would want us to know about”.
I nodded to her.
“Let’s just keep that part to ourselves”.
Karissa nodded in agreement. We filed out of the building and found ourselves back on the street. As we made our way towards an inn I knew about I couldn’t shake the feeling that we were part of something bigger than this. Bigger then Heaven and Hell. Maybe even bigger than us. In two years I was sure we’d find out.
♠ ♠ ♠
<3