Status: On hiatus until Age of Ultron release

Brooklyn Baby

So Sweet With a Mean Streak

"Wait for me here with Natasha." Steve told me as I eyed Rumlow.

"I never trusted him, don't trust him Steve." I whispered as I could feel my eyes move back to Steve. He looked down and kissed me before leaving.

"I never trusted Rumlow." Natasha stated

"Then why do you work with him?" I asked as we sat in an abandoned room.

"The pays nice." She smirked as I laughed at her comment.

"I have a very bad feeling." I stated holding my stomach.

"Your not pregnant are you?" Natasha smartly said as I laughed and made a serious face as she slammed her feet down.

"No way" I told her

She eyed me before looking at the vending machine.

"Hey you got a two dollars?" She asked as I stood up and walked with her out to see a USB drive behind the gum.

"Oh Steve, I love that man too much. But he needs better hiding spots." I smiled as Natasha looked around carefully. I slammed my fist into the side as quarters fell out. I gave some to Natasha as she grabbed all the gum. She handed me a pack as I retrieved the USB and walked back into the room.

"What is this?" I asked

"The mission we were just on, I needed to download SHIELD documents along with some other information. I want to know why Steve had it." She said

"Fury told us not to trust anyone." I told her as she nodded.

"In this profession you are never suppose to." She told me as I nodded

"That's why I'm more of freelance worker." I grinned as she looked around

"So how strong are you?" She asked

"Well I stopped that fighter jet from getting us. I could break a 60 story building. I mean I never really tested my strength but I remember fighting with Thor. We called it a draw." I smiled fondly as we heard feet and saw a suspicious figure looking at the vending machine.

"I'll be back." Natasha smiled chewing gum as I watched. He slammed her to the wall, I grinned as she looked serious.

"Its safe." She said

"Where did you get it?" She asked him

"Fury" I spoke up as they looked at me.

"I know who killed him Fury." She told us

She began to talk to us about the winter solider as I looked at Steve and to Natasha. I looked down and out the window as I flew out of the room. I broke into a store and quickly stole clothes, shoes and jackets. I flew out and back to the hospital.

"Change now." I told them as I threw them clothes and shoes.

"Why?" Natasha asked

"We just became number one on SHIELDS hit list." I told her as I broke my phone before taking out the SIM card. I tossed it in the garbage as we headed out of the hospital to the mall. We walked into the store as we looked for a laptop to plug the drive into. Natasha began working as I stood looking out. I began counting the minutes in my head as Natasha tried to type as fast as she could. I casually walked out of the store looking at the products as I could see the Strike team. I calmly walked in and grabbed Steve's hand.

"We have to leave now." I told them as I looked down to the map.

We walked out the store as Natasha looked around as I could see two members on every level. We went down an escalator as Rumlow was going up. In a panic Natasha looked at me

"Kiss him public displays of affection make people uncomfortable." She told me as I threw my arms around Steve and kissed him roughly as Rumlow looked away disgusted. I pulled back as Natasha smirked walking down the stairs.

"Still uncomfortable?" She asked Steve as he gulped.

"Not the word I would use." He said as I smiled softly grabbing his hand and walking down.

Before I knew it Steve was walking to the lot and stealing a truck as I hopped in the front as Natasha stretched out in the back. We were headed to New Jersey from what I saw on the computer. I held Steve's hand as he drove.

"What happened?" I asked Steve as he began to explain what had happened at SHIELD. I growled as I had the urge to kill Rumlow.

"Calm down Lana." Natasha gripped my shoulder

"I am calm, but if I see Rumlow again. I can't guarantee he will live." I told Steve as he drove into an old military base.

"This is it." Steve said as we looked around.

"It came from these coordinates." Steve told us as we looked around.

"Is this where you started?" I asked as he nodded in a trance.

"This is a dead end." Nat said

We looked toward an ammunition holding as we walked toward it before breaking in. We walked down to see an old SHIELD symbol on the wall as we walked to the back. I looked at three pictures as I could feel a tear hit my face.

"Dad..." I whispered as I looked at the picture. I took it down before removing it.

"This...mine now." I muttered as we walked around before Steve found an elevator. Natasha smoothly broke in as we went down. The darkness was nothing new to my eyes as they adjusted perfectly. The lights turned on as we looked at old computers and technology. I laughed as they looked at me.

"What I'm a Stark, looking at this is funny." I muttered as Natasha pulled in the drive before typing.

"Steve, Born 1918. Romanoff Born 1984. Stark, Lana Born 1987." The computer began to talk as an image appeared. Steve explained that he worked with HYDRA, the computer responded with his story about how he was due to die but transferred all this memory to the computers. They began to converse as I quietly looked at the screen.

"Accessing Archive."

The pictures and voice narrated about what was it was doing. I looked at old pictures and videos of Steve as Captain America. I looked at my dad and Peggy.

"When history did not cooperate...history was changed." I held my breath as my parents accident photos were shown. I could feel my body give out as I looked to the ground.

"Murdered....murdered?" I whispered

"Unfortunately you'll be too dead to hear it." It spoke as I stood up as we jumped into a hole. I could feel the rumble fall on us as I lifted my forearms up and threw the rock with ease.

"Grab Natasha!" I told him as I wiped my eyes still clutching my fathers photo.

"Baby your going to have to trust me." I told him as we saw planes heading toward us.

"Give me Natasha. Hold on to me like a piggy back ride." I told him as he grabbed me and I held Natasha. I elevated before taking off as fast as i could to Sam's house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys/ladies are enjoying the story! Any tips or helpful advise is always welcomed.