Status: On hiatus until Age of Ultron release

Brooklyn Baby

Fury's Big Week

With the discovery of gods, worlds and other beings. It was a busy week to say the least. Natasha or Black Widow was tailing my brother just like Coulson on me. Meeting Thor, son of Odin was very much at the list of amazing events in my life. Finding out about Asgard and other worlds that are not that far from us was making the reality of how small we are...all to real. Fury's Big Week, as he called it, was in short the worst seven days of life. The kicker of the whole week? Captain America being found and having Coulson freak out. Sleeping was pointless as phones were ringing and agents appearing to secure another hero or potential partner.

But any way, back to the present.

Things were quiet enough for me to settle my life back down. I was currently looking for an apartment close to the SHIELD base around Washington, D.C. I walked up to the apartment building as I looked at the RENT sign. I walked into the abandoned apartment as I smiled. This place could be home for me. A smiled graced my lightly tanned skin as my brown eyes glanced around the rooms. I turned and walked out to call the landlord. I grabbed my phone but a man stopped me, he had many papers and looked as I saw him speak.

"Hello I'm David the landlord, can I help you?" He looked at me questioning my presence.

"Oh yeah, I would like to rent this place out. If you don't have an offer." I offered as he grinned madly

"No, come on down to the office and we can sign some papers." He told me as he began to walk out as we exchanged questions and answers.

Before I knew it, this place was mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~

One things about having flashbacks is that you can't stop or control it. It was a normal chilly night as my dreams grabbed me by the neck.

I flew as fast as I could as disarmed three men. I punched one man so hard his skull cracked open as if I fired a shotgun shell.

"Help me please!" A woman cried out

I listened as I flew to the voice, this building was going to come down with this fire. I ripped a door open as her screams were louder. I grabbed the wall the collapsed and lifted it off as I pulled debris trying to find her. This was the first time I had ever encountered the consequences of not finding victims fast enough. I cried loudly as I picked her body up. She had two bullet holes in her chest and fire burns around her.

I screamed and cried "I'm Sorry!" over and over.


Someone was banging on the door, I cried louder as I woke. My black hair was no doubt disheveled as I rushed to open the door flying.

"Ma'am are you alright?" He asked, I stared at his blond hair and breath taking blue eyes. I must have looked like a train wreak. I rubbed my blood shot eyes as I stared to make sure it was him.

"Just a night terror, I'm terribly sorry I woke you." I assured him as I blushed embarrassed.

"Are you sure no one is hurting you?" He asked looking past me

"No just memories." I chuckled lightly.

"Oh.. okay. Good night." He said as he walked to the door adjacent to mine.

"My name is Lana Stark." I smiled at him as he turned to me

"Steve Rogers, nice to meet you ma'am." He told me. I looked at his clothing and saw he was leaving to the gym?

"Do you want to come in?" I asked as he smiled at me.

"If it's no trouble?" He responded as I opened the door.

"Just give me a minute." I sped off to wash my face and comb my hair as I adjusted my black tank top and grey sweatpants. I walked out to see him looking at the picture of my dad and mom carrying me.

"Your father was Howard?" He asked

"Yes Sir, I'm that Stark." I told him as I sat down

"So then your the one they told me about... I think they called you Athena?" He said as I nodded

"That would be my name when I'm working." I smiled as he looked at my picture with the mayor as I was floating holding a big key.

"You can fly?" He asked

"I can, I also can probably kick your butt in a boxing match." I countered as he smirked lightly

"I bet you met Fury already." He asked

"Long ago, I did. It is after all my dad's idea along with two others that started SHIELD." I nodded as I noticed my gloves were out. I stood up and pushed a button in the wall the slid to right as my outfit was in its case. Steve walked next to me as I opened the case and slipped the gloves back. My outfit is flexible body armor. The boots are now black as well as the bottom portion of the armor. The top is white and red, the gloves black. I closed the case as I stared at the black eye mask. I sighed as I looked at Steve.

"Those night terrors, you get them every night don't you?" He asked as I nodded at him

"The ones you don't save haunt you the most." I told him as he nodded

"I know what you mean." He had a pained look in his eyes.

"Where were you going?" I asked

"The gym, I couldn't really sleep." He told me

"Come on let's go!" I offered with a smiled as I ran to slip on socks and my running shoes.

"Where can we go?" He asked

"I know a gym where we can workout in peace. This man I had saved basically gave me the ultimate membership for free!" I grinned as we headed out the door. We began our decent to the closest neighborhood as we talked about our friends, families and better times.

"How was my dad like?" I asked him as he held back

"Well...He was smart, had a way with words with the ladies." He told me as I laughed

"That sounds exactly like Tony." I laughed as I opened the door to the gym. As we walked in Steve couldn't help but smiled and that's when I remembered the man's words.

"We haven't renovated since the war ended!"

I saw all the old war posters and old advertisements. I looked at Steve as he smiled at the gym. I sat down on the boxing ring as Steve began to get ready. I smiled at him as he began to hit the punching bag as we talked.

This is going to be an interesting friendship.