Status: On hiatus until Age of Ultron release

Brooklyn Baby

It's Never a Normal Day

I was washing my dishes from breakfast as my record player let Billie Holiday's voice fill my apartment. I looked at the sink as I found myself singing.

"Blue moon
Now I'm no longer alone
Without a dream in my heart
Without a love of my own"

I smiled as the sun lightly beat down, a perfect day to wear a red sun dress. I finished up as I heard a knock on the door. I opened it I saw Steve smiling at me as the music carried on.

"Well come on in!" I slid to the side as he walked in wearing his white shirt and khaki pants. He had on my favorite leather jacket that he owned.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to take a walk, get coffee?" He asked as I looked for my beige combat boots.

"That sounds lovely!" I told him as I put them on

"Really, well...Come on." He smiled as I grinned grabbing my bag. I grabbed his arm as we walked out of the building. We headed down the street to the least crowded area.

"So how are your night terrors?" He asked as I looked ahead

"They are somehow managing, I mean the dreams are there but something is blocking them out." I said as a blush graced my face.

"What would that be?" He asked as I looked at him

"Oh just keeping my mind busy, something is finally keeping my mind quiet." I told him as he smiled lightly squeezing my hand.

"What about you? How is sleeping?" I asked as he smiled

"Fine, just that sleeping. I can't sleep in my bed. It's too soft..." He tried to phrase his words

"I see the marshmallow thing. You know I'm always next door to talk. It doesn't matter if it's nighttime or day." I told him as he looked at me and smiled.

"Where did you go yesterday?" He asked

"My brother is building a tower in New York. He needed help lifting "STARK" on to the building." I told him as he stopped before he continued walking.

"I forget that you have powers." He told me as I laugh

"Senior moment!" I doubled over laughing as he stared at me

"Oh come on it was funny?" I smiled as I grabbed his hand and laced our fingers. He seemed taken back a bit. He began to ask me multiple questions in regards to music, the world and technology.

"You know Fury didn't tell me about you completely. He said somethings are better when figured out." He told me as I sighed. I knew what it was.

"Steve it's better if you don't really know. But if you really want to know, I'll tell you. I trust you Steve." I whispered as he nodded.

"You do?" He asked

"Of course! I mean, you are one of the only people who are genuinely interested in me babble." I laughed as he smiled at me. He began to ask me other questions as I answered each of them as best as I could when we stopped for ice cream. My eyes went wide with happiness.

"Strawberry!" I told him as he got one for himself and me.

We walked together as I began to look around at the buildings and streets.

"Stop patrolling the city and relax." He told me as I ate my ice cream.

"Alright I'll relax." I smiled as we sat in the park and viewed the pond.

"Tell me something about yourself that I would never have guessed." He asked

"I'm not into inventing or science." I told him

"What?" He asked shocked as I hold the Stark name.

"Not one bit. I like art a lot and concerts plus being able to fly gives a lot of options for my free time. Engineering is more of Tony and my dad's hobby. I heard from Tony that I'm like my mother more." I told him as he smiled

"Where did you go?" He asked

"I went to New York, Chicago, Spain. I just left and learned from there." I told him he listened

"My best friend was Bucky... James Barnes. He was there through thick and thin. He was always helping me out of fights" he laughed as I raised the corner of my lip.

"I would have loved to meet him. He sounds great." I told Steve as he laughed

"He would try to sweep you off your feet." Steve told me

"It wouldn't work." I told Steve confidently

"Why not?" Steve asked

"Trust me Steve." I smiled at him as I looked above to see a SHIELD plane. I narrowed my eyes as I looked around. His eyes followed mine as he helped me up as we walked home.

"Come on in and I'll cook you dinner." I smiled as he nodded.

"That sounds great." He smiled as I closed the door behind him.

I tossed my keys and purse as I walked to the washroom to freshen up. I took my combat boots off and washed my hands as I walked to the kitchen and began taking out pots and pans to cook fettuccine alfredo with chicken. I smiled as he walked and sat down.

"So how was Bucky like if you don't mind me asking?" I asked as I began to get the chicken ready along with the noodles.

"He was one of the greatest people I have ever met. A real friend, he was there for me when my mom died and there for me before all this happened." He told me as I nodded knowing what happened to him.

"Miss, Tony is on the line." Jarvis spoke

Captain jumped a bit as I smiled.

"Thank you Jarvis." I answered my phone as Tony spoke.

"I'll have you know my building will be up and running within the week." He told me as I laughed

"I guess I owe you that bet." I responded as Tony cheered

"Yes. You do in fact. You have to wear an Iron Man like suit. At least once while fighting." He told me

"Tony, no one knows me, well me me." I said as I put the knife down.

"You know I never understood that? Why hide being a hero when you can..." I interrupted him

"Show off to the world what I am? No thanks Tony. I help you turn on the with anything but this." I told him with annoyance

"Fine...You owe me on big favor." He said

"I.. Fine." I sighed as he cheered victoriously

"Love you bye!" He hung up as I turned my phone off.

"Are you alright?" Steve asked

"Tony's an idiot but I love him. We are always fighting about whether or not we should reveal who I am. But that will never happen." I told Steve as he nodded

"That sounds best." Steve told me as I smiled as the food was ready as I began to prepare the dishes and serve us.

As we sat down in a comfortable silence, we ate as the record player let me music flow around. I noticed the night was drawing near as sounds were amplifying. We finished up as I loaded everything into the dishwasher.

"Come on, lets sit and relax." I grabbed Steve's hand as we sat down and watched re-runs of old black and white movies. My favorite being the Chaplin films, I could feel myself tear up as The Kid played. I could feel my eyes dropping shut as I struggled to keep them open. I rested my head down on Steve's shoulder as I could feel myself drifting off.



"Everyone needs to run NOW!" I yelled as the explosion shook half of the city block. People screamed as many begged for help. I flew as fast as I could car to car, person to person. I felt three bullets hit my body as I hit a wall. I hissed in pain as I moved forward....


I woke gasping as strong arms wrapped around me holding me back.

"Wake up, your here." Steve told me as I looked around frantically

"I am, I'm." I tried to speak as he held me down as my breathing slowed back to normal.

"Thank you." I wrapped my arms around him. My eyes glanced to the clock 2:56 AM.

"I need to leave for a bit." I stood up as I walked to the wall and I opened the door so I could get the suit.

"Be safe out there." Steve smiled as I grinned at him as my masked slipped on with ease.

I opened my window as I shot out and began my daily run through.
♠ ♠ ♠
thoughts?