Status: On hiatus until Age of Ultron release

Brooklyn Baby

Royals

We stood in the park as everyone surrounded Loki and Thor. I gave Thor a big hug as I stood by Steve's side.

"Till later." I grinned as he smiled back to me.

We looked up as the tesseract shot them up into the sky to Asgard. I hugged my brother goodbye as we departed to our vehicles. I got on the back of Steve's Harley as I waved to Natasha. I could feel the bike start up as I hugged Steve tightly as my head rested on his back. I closed my eyes as we headed gone to our apartment in Brooklyn. I knew the world was now going to change more than ever.

"We're here." Steve said as I opened my eyes

I grabbed his hand as we walked up to the building. I opened the door as we turned the lights on. I sat down on the the couch as I took my boots off. I stretched in my sleeveless dress as Steve sat down with me. He pulled me as we laid together. I smiled as I looked toward him, he looked down and kissed me.

"Everything is finally normal." Steve told me as I grinned

"We are strange people...nothing will ever be normal." I smiled as Steve laughed

"Strange?" He asked

"To the normal, what ever normal is, yeah." I grinned

He kissed me again as I kissed him back. Oh what a perfect day it is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke on the bed naked and a bit sore. The night filtered into the room as I could feel the events of today take toll on my body. I try to fix my hair as I decided to just go back to sleep.

"We have to wake up." Steve said as I sighed

"Technically we have nothing to do." I bartered with him as his hand was caressing my back.

"That is true, I guess we could lay here a bit longer" He said as I grinned.

I win

We waited another hour before getting up and showering. The clean up crews were busy fixing New York after everything. I repeatedly told Tony to get help because if I was panicking I knew he would be too about what we experienced. That deep, cold dark nightmare just plague me.

As I was blacking out my thoughts went to Steve.

"No" I whispered as my face started to slightly freeze.

"Steve" I felt my eyes roll back


"Lana." Steve said as I blinked

"What?" I asked as he looked at me changing

did I shower already?

I held my towel dripping wet as I looked at him. I frowned slightly as he came over and hugged me.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked

"When Tony and I were up there. It became very hard to breathe, everything went cold and I could feel myself starting to die. I never thought that something like that could kill me. All I could do was hold on to the Iron Man suit to make sure Tony didn't get hurt as we fell. I thought about you and how I was not going to wake up. That I wouldn't be there with you anymore." I whispered with a slightly sad voice.

"I know what that feeling is like. I love you and you are here now. I am not going anywhere and neither are you...at least not without me." Steve told me as I wiped a tear off my face.

"I love you too." I told him as I tried to smile at him.

I looked in my drawers as I pulled out a lace bra and a shirt. I looked and pulled out black panties and black shorts. I slipped them on after drying myself. I went to the bathroom and dried my hair. I sat down and noticed that the moon was out. I smiled as I sat there and watched.

"What are you watching?" He asked

"The moon." I said as I closed my eyes seeing the flashback before gasping and opening my eyes. I stood up before backing up and turning to Steve.

"I can't sleep now..." I told him as he grabbed my hand.

"Movie?" He asked as I smiled

"Perfect." I said as I picked out one of my favorite movies.

"The Dark Knight." Steve said

"Excuse my language but great fucking movie." I grinned as I hit play and sat down

"You know I still haven't forgot about what Tony said about you doing drugs." Steve said as I sighed.

"Dammit, well umm. I at times use to partake in a certain plant because it made me feel better and in my defense I could be like drink my life from a bottle but hey it helped me manage when I was younger." I told him as he looked at me

"But not anymore right?" He asked as I nodded knowing that now it would be not anymore.

He smiled and kissed my lips as I smiled and turned to watch the movie. I think I must have fallen asleep because I could feel Steve carrying me to the bed as he kissed my forehead and most likely left to the gym.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One year has past since the incident in New York

I was in California visiting Tony and Pepper...well mostly Tony because Pepper was working. I sat on the balcony in a nice white dress with black gladiator sandals. Tony sat next to me as I looked out

"Tony I am going to tell you something and I need your honest advice." I told him as he turned to me

"What's up kid?" He asked as I sighed

"I really love Steve and that makes me nervous." I told him as he looked at me.

"I can't blame you, with what happened. It can be scary but Steve is a super solider. You saw dad's notes and the study. I worry about Pepper the same way. I want to protect her but not smother her." Tony said as I nodded as he laughed

"Oh kid...we came from one hell of family." He started as I laughed at him.

"Listen, what we went through was something that can't really be explained to others. But we are alive, we got to pull through. Like we always do." Tony finished as I rubbed my head.

"Being a hero is difficult." I sighed

"Am I adopted." I asked Tony as he chocked on a drink.

"What?! What the hell made you think your adopted? Have you seen the both of us?" He asked

"Mom doesn't have any abilities like me, dad doesn't either. No Stark has this ability. What the hell? Where did it come from?" I asked as he looked at me

"You know Thor pulled me aside and made me swear you weren't stolen from Asgard." Tony laughed

"If I were Asgardian that would be amazing, but being a Stark is perfect. Ugh I sound like dad." I laughed as Tony laughed with me.

"Dad and mom are really proud of us?" Tony questioned more than stated.

"They are proud Tony." I told him as he grinned.

"I need to head back to New York soon Steve has some news he wants to tell me." I told him as I stretched and floated a bit. I hugged and kissed Tony on the cheek as he looked up.

"Is he pregnant?" He laughed

"No but Pepper is." I told him as he gasped

"I'm joking." I laughed as he swore as I flew off. I could feel my hair a bit longer as I touched base back in Brooklyn. I flew to window, I opened them as I stepped in. I turned and there were beautiful bouquet of white roses.

"Pretty." I smiled as I sniffed them...ugh I love roses. I could feel arms wrap around me as I turned to stare at him.

"Hey." I smiled as I kissed him

"Your back soon." He told me as I smiled

"Pepper was having a very bad day and I didn't want to see her explode." I grinned as I turned to face him still wrapped in his arms.

"Evac, huh?" He asked

"Oh yeah. So what's the news?" I asked as he smiled down to me

"I have a job." He smiled

"Where?!" I asked

"On Strike team." He told me proudly

"With Rumlow?" I asked as he furrowed his eyebrows "Oh don't get jealous, nothing happened. The name is just familiar from Natasha." I told him as he nodded.

"Yes." He told me as I grinned grabbing his face and kissing his lips softly as his hands lifted me slightly as I now sat on the table. I could feel my hands move up to his chest as he wrapped a leg around his waist. I heard a cough as I turned ready to throw the vase as Natasha looked away as Steve madly blushed. I grinned as I leaned back.

"Well Ms. Romanoff. How can we help you?" I asked as Steve stepped back and I sat up.

"Steve needs to come with me. Shipment was found we have 15 on eta to the base." She told me then him as he nodded.

"Your leaving now?!" I told him frustrated

"Sorry." He offered as I stared at Nat.

"I'll knock next time." She smirked as I laughed lightly.