Status: On hiatus until Age of Ultron release

Brooklyn Baby

D.C

I was walking in my outfit as no sign of human life was around. My eyes went to a broken shield...Steve's shield. I picked up the pieces as I looked around as I continued.

"Steve?! Tony? Nat!" I yelled as I saw no one. I could feel someone watching me.

"Who's there?!" I snapped with pure anger. I could feel a knife enter my chest as I gasped. I tried to breath in but it was too painful. I grabbed the persons hand as I looked up.

"No, no, no!" I cried as Steve dug the knife further


I woke in a cold sweat. I wiped the tears from my eyes as I cried. I looked around as I sat up. I closed my eyes not looking at the moon. Why did we have to move? Oh yeah we had to move to DC to be closer to the main SHIELD base and Strike team. I looked up from our old apartment as the night was creeping in. Steve left earlier with Rumlow on a mission to help a hostage situation. I looked away, nerves kept me on edge as I decided to go on patrol. I changed and fixed my hair as I flew out the window. I helped with muggings, attempted abuses and a fire. I flew down a path, I looked around as I kept moving forward. I sat on top of a tall building as I looked out to the area.

My eyes went down to my hands as I stared at the blood.

I threw punch after punch as the man passed out. I threw him to a wall as I looked at the three on the floor unconscious.

I opened my eyes and looked around. My mind was racing with things that Steve wanted to do since he got this little book with all the things he missed. We started with music, movies, TV shows, technology the list was truly endless. I hit the side of my ear the contained a ear piece with Jarvis connected.

"Jarvis call Tony for me." I said as he relied quickly the phone rang twice before he answered.

"Hello." He said, was he awake?"

"Tony do you have time to talk?" I asked as the noise of metal can heard in the background.

"What's up kid?" His voice was alert

"I had a dream and it kind of messed me up. I can't sleep, I'm patrolling right now but ..."

"It's messing with your head? What was the dream?" Tony asked

"I was walking, the town was deserted. I called out for you, Steve and Nat. I saw Steve's shield on the floor and then he stabbed me straight in the chest." I wiped my eyes as I could hear my voice break.

"That is messed up. But think deep down would Steve even think of doing that to you?" Tony told me as I knew right away.

"Never." I quickly said

"Bam! There is your answer." He laughed as I laughed as well.

"That's what I like to hear! So how is life in DC. Secret agents and all that jazz." He asked

"Steve's on a mission now actually. I'm simply housewife and vigilante as you know. How's Pepper? What's are you doing?" I asked as he spoke.

"Pepper is phenomenal as always, I myself am building some machines to occupy my mind but not anything quite exciting. Avengers tower is in the works." He told me as I grinned madly

"I'm happy to hear. I have to go the sun is rising and will be home soon." I told him as we said our goodbyes.

I sighed as I looked around to see the sun peaking up. My eyes adjusted as I looked around to see the city wake as birds chirped and cars started. Bus lined streets with children getting on for school. I should head home. I opened the window as I ripped off my mask. I could hear the door close as I took off my armor and just left my bra and panties on. I walked to see who was here as I let my hair down. I peeked to see Steve distraught.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"There are three Helicarriers being worked on, an operation that connects the Helicarriers to spy satellites used to prevent any possible terrorist attacks. Did you know Tony helped them?" He asked I looked taken back with the information as I shook my head.

"No." I told him as he looked at me before dropping his shield. I wrapped my arms around his neck as his armor dug into my skin. He lifted me slightly but I floated to hug him better. He kissed my forehead softly as I closed my eyes.

"I really love that suit on you Captain." I grinned opening my eyes as I let my hand trace the star. I could feel him kiss my lips as i let my hands hold his face. He held me tightly as I pulled back as he smiled.

"I want to see that exhibition." He told me as I smiled

"Sounds like a plan. Let's get ready" I went to make coffee as he showered. Let's see what to wear? I changed into something nice for a change of pace. I opened the closet and pulled out a white blouse, fitted blue jeans and tan heels. I slipped them on and I put on my make up. I heard the water stop as I saw Steve walk out in a towel. I put my hand to my heart as I tried to calm it down.

"Well hello soldier." I grinned

"He..hey." He stuttered as I laughed a bit. I kissed him as I was going to leave. I could feel him pull me back and put me against the wall. I gasped as he kissed my neck.

"Wow, where is this coming from?" I smiled as I told him

"I just really am grateful I can do this anytime." He told me as he kissed me a bit more roughly. I responded by wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back as I could feel him. My smile just stretched further.

"If we continue at this pace, we will never see this exhibit." I told him as he looked at me. "Sorry?" I offered as I kissed his lips softly. He smiled as I went to get my coffee. I grabbed the biggest cup and poured before pouring sugar. I sat down on the counter and drank the coffee as I stared at the window. I could see the roof from the following building. I got up and walked over as I looked down at the record player. I glared as I was interrupted by Steve.

"Ready?" He asked as I grabbed my purse nodding as I grabbed his hand as we got in my car.

"No heels on bikes." I told him as I swung my keys around as I slid in to the Audi. He got in as I floored the gas and sped off.

"Jesus, you drive like Natasha." I laughed as I blew through a yellow as I looked around for the museum. I tapped my fingers to the music as Steve held my free hand. I turned into the parking as I put my hair slightly up. I covered my head with a beanie as I walked over to see Steve putting on a baseball cap. I grabbed his hand as we walked in. I looked at his pictures hung everywhere. We looked around and saw the Howling Commandos exhibit, one with Peggy talking and the one with Bucky, a memorial. I rubbed Steve's hand with my thumb as he stared. I could tell a lot was going through his mind.

I looked at a picture of my dad as I stared in wonder. I wonder what he would say about Steve and I? I could feel he would say something Tony would. I felt Steve tug me gently as I walked with him around more as we sat in a room to hear Peggy speak about him fondly. I smiled as she spoke about Steve.

I grabbed his hand as I ate a pretzel in a content mood. We walked around more as I could feel someone watching me yet again. I looked around as people passed us by.

paranoid, aren't we?

I shook my head as we walked around outside before heading home. That dream has been terrorizing me. Steve would never hurt me. I know he wouldn't, Steve loves me. I threw my food away as my shoulders squared. My eyes scanned as I slid my sunglasses over my face. I never really trusted organizations like SHIELD. Something Tony has taught me to think about due to what we had experienced.

"Wanna get something to eat?" He asked as he led me to get food. I grinned as I opened the car door and drove to a resturant. We ate in silence seeing as Steve couldn't discuss anything about the mission in public.

"How was work?" He asked me as I fiddled with my drink

"Oh you know, getting rid of some bad files takes a while." I said as code for criminals.

"You can get them I know you can." He smiled as he held my hand as we finished our drinks.

Once we left I still couldn't help the feeling of being watched.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for taking so long, I was feeling very sick. Hope you enjoy!