Sequel: Distant Memories.
Status: I am writing from my phone with my THUMBS, Bare with me.

Thank You.

Broken.

Tony and Steve had left, they had said something about making the apartment more secure and even going to her house to make that place more secure. She just nodded, seeing as the pain medication she had just received was starting to kick in.

This left her and Bucky alone for the mean time, she watched him walk over to the large window and stare out. She wanted to say something but she didn't know what to say, so she just watched him; his hands were stuffed into his pocket and his eyes glued to the outside world.

Her eyes closed as the pain started to fade away and she could have sworn she heard him say something, but she couldn't tell if it was in Russian or English. But she couldn't keeo herself awake long enough to find out.

She walked down a long hall, the screams were getting louder as she got closer. Her hands grazed the cold wall and her eyes strained in the little bit of darkness that there was, her heart thumped in her chest.

"Ava!" She stopped walking when she heard it, Bucky was screaming for her. Why was he screaming for her? She quickened her pace and was met with a bright light, Ava stepped into the room.

Bucky was sitting in a chair with machines all around him, he was in pain and she even saw a tear slide down his face. She picked up her pace and ran over to him. "Bucky!" Her hand gripped his arm trying to undo the wrap, but it wouldn't budge.

His eyes met hers and narrowed, a flash of anger covering his face. "You're dead. Why are you playing tricks on me! They said you were dead." He looked down at his hands and clenthed them. "Zachem ty eto delayesh' so mnoy?" His voice was soft and low.

She took a step back and watched him, he looked so defeated. "m nichego ne stoit, ya ne mog dazhe derzhat' vas bezopasnym."


Her eyes slowly opened and she took a deep breathe, it was a dream. Her eyes looked over to the window, it was dark out and Bucky wasn't standing there. Ava looked around the room to see that he was no where around, the doctors probably kicked him out after visiting hours were over.

She stretched her arms and legs allowing a groan to escape her lips, then her stomach growled ever so loudly. "Of course I would get hungry.." She spoke to herself as she scanned the room for something to eat, that's when her eyes caught the bathroom door opening. Her eyes widened when Bucky walked out with no shirt on, his hair was wet and the bathroom smelt like vanilla.

"I thought you left." She spoke, her voice still a little raspy. Bucky made a face while shaking his head, then moved over to where the chair was. She hasn't noticed his shirt, hat and jacket had been resting there the whole time. She watched him get dressed and then sit down facing her.

"I'm hungry... Did they bring any food?" She asked looking down at the needle in her arm, her eyes looked back to him and he shook his head. Rolling her eyes she moved to her side, pain seeing through her body. Her eyes scanned the night sky as Bucky seemed to be shuffling through his coat for something.

Something landed on her face causing her to yelp, pulling it away she looked at the granola bar in her hands. Then sent a glare at Bucky who simply smirked, "you're a dick." She spoke while opening the bar and stuffing it into her mouth, "How would you like if I did that to you." She spoke with her mouth half full and pointing the other half of the bar at him.

He shrugged his shoulders while looking down at his metal hand, "I'd probably end your life." He looked up at her, his face and eyes serious as she took another bite. Nodding and chewing she used all her strength and chucked the remaining piece at him, the piece hit his chest and then landed in his lap.

"I called your bluff..." She spoke while looking around for water, looking back at him her eye stung as the remaining piece was flicked at her. "Ow, son of a bitch." She rubbed her eyes trying to rub the pain away. A sort of grunt escaped his mouth as he cleaned his shirt.

"Bucky, im..." She looked sighed and looked out of the window. "I should have let you sleep, its not your fault." Her eyes went back to him, he wasn't looking at her, instead was staring at his metal arm. "I'm not scared of you." This caught his attention.

"You should be, I could have killed you." His tone was stern and she shook her head.

"But you didn't."

His eyes lowered and he stood up, picking up his hat he headed for the door. "So your going to run away? Not talk about it, you always do this." He stopped and he looked at her over his shoulder, anger filling his eyes. "You keep me safe, you stay around. For what? Why me?" He took a deep breathe and bit his inner cheek. "I'm not special, I never have been." She looked down at her hands. "I'm broken Bucky, you have no idea just how broken I am." Her eyes went back to him but he wasn't there.

The tears streamed down her face as she wanted to scream, why did she always get the bad guys. Why couldn't she have someone normal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Zachem ty eto delayesh' so mnoy?- why are you doing this to me.

m nichego ne stoit, ya ne mog dazhe derzhat' vas bezopasnym .- I'm worthless, I couldn't even keep you safe.

Why do you do this Bucky?!

Thank you everyone who has commented, I love your comments!