Beast

A Little Drunk

“I understand, honestly, just look after each other. I have the farm under control,” I try to convince John over the phone.

I lean against the kitchen wall, staring out the window with my fingers playing with the phone’s cord. I hear John sigh heavily on the other end of the phone, I can hear the strain in his voice.

“Thank you Holly, we really appreciate it. We will let you know more when we know,” he replies relieved.

I can hear mumbling from John’s side before he informs me, “I’m sorry Holly, I have to go. I will call you in the morning.”

“Okay John. Please let Clara know I say hello and I am thinking of her,” I exclaim softly before he hangs up.

I hang the phone back up on the wall and lick over my lips. I contemplate on what to do for dinner, a part of me wants to go to the bar for a drink, burger and fries but I do not want to run into Connor.

I wince looking at the bruises that have formed from my run in with Connor earlier in the day. I trace them with my fingers knowing if I go into my wolf form, they will heal and no longer cause me any grief.

I nibble down on my bottom lip, it has been a long time since I have changed into wolf form. Whilst away, I did everything to appear normal and that included not changing. I cringe thinking about if my body still remembers how to do that, or will I do damage if I attempt to.

“Oh man,” I mumble under my breathe.

A few bottles of wine on the bench catch my eye, I tilt my head as it calls my name. I laugh to myself knowing Clara had brought them for me, she knows I love a bottle of Pinot Gris. Shrugging my shoulders I walk over to the bottle and quickly open it swiftly.

“Bottoms up!” I yell out, even thought it is only me in the house.

Image


I snort as I polish off the second bottle, watching TV. Laying on the couch with a wine glass on the table and the bottle in my hand, I yell drunk at the TV, “You tell him girlfriend!”

I shake my head causing my hair to fall in my face, I have been watching random shows for the last few hours while drinking my wine. A good distraction from Connor and to stop my worrying over John and Clara.

Some how, I have ended up on a realty TV show and the girl is confronting her scum bag of a boyfriend about the rumours of him cheating. I know it is the alcohol that is fuelling this plan in my head right now.

I make my way over to the phone, I clumsy grab it and dial the number to Angel’s bar, the number already written down the fridge. I stumble over my feet as the phone rings, causing me to fall into the wall.

“Angel’s Bar-“ a woman answers, however I cut her off.

Licking my licks, I question her, “He is there?”

“Is who here?” she replies confused.

Scuffing loudly, I snap, “Don’t you play dumb, you know who! Is that bastard Connor there? You know the town’s asshole?”

“Yes, he is here,” she informs me, taken aback by my attitude.

“Good!” I yell, pointing my finger at the fridge aggressively, “Now you tell him. Yes, you tell him this…”

“Tell Connor what?” she questions me confused after a few minutes, with a laugh.

“Well I cannot tell you, if you keep cutting me off,” I snap at her, becoming frustrated with how I am struggling to string a sentence together.

“Tell him he is a such a fucking dick, like not a good dick but like a stupid, dumb small dick,” I slur my words, trying to focus however I fail miserably.

I can hear a deep voice through the phone, I will never be too drunk to not know who that voice belongs to. He is demanding to take the phone off the girl.

“Holly?” his deep voice sings through the phone.

“You! You are such a little fuck,” I slur, the alcohol really hitting home now.

He chuckles before asking, “Are you drunk?”

Licking my lips and running a hand through my hair, I attempt to snarl, “How dare you, I can be drunk if I want to.”

“I am coming over,” he informs me seriously.

Snorting, I exclaim, “No you are not coming near me. I am a lady that keeps my legs closed!”

I snap my fingers, proud of my sassy comment. I close my eyes and nod my head, proud that I have put him in his place. I slip from the wall and land on the ground, dropping the phone. A squeal leaves my lips and a groan from the impact.

I barely make out Connor mumbling a swear word but I just stare at the roof, watching the light sway back and forth. I exhale as I start to feel nauseous.

“Oh dear,” I mumble as I roll on my side, just in time for me to vomit on the floor.

I slip from the hand holding me up and land on my side, next to my vomit. My eyes begin to become heavy as the world spins faster. I cannot move my arms or legs, like they are filled with concrete. I just lay there, only able to roll my head around.

“Oh fuck Holly,” his voice exclaims concerned as he kneels before me.

I look up at him, his face filled of concerned as he looks over me and the mess I am in. I close my eyes and struggle to form the words, “I don’t feel good.”

Connor picks me up and walks out of the kitchen and towards the stairs. I groan and try to fight him however my body is not listening. Shaking his head, he tells me, “You are a mess. We need to get you cleaned up and in bed to sleep this off.”

“Fine,” I mumble, as I give up fighting him, too drunk.

Image


Connor pulls the blankets up over my freshly cleaned body. He has undressed me, showered me and put me to bed with a large glass of water on my bedside table.

He places a kiss on my forehead and whispers huskily, “Good night Hol.”

“Where are you going?” I mumble, sobering up a little bit.

Raising an eyebrow, he teases, “You need to sleep it off and feel like hell tomorrow.”

“Don’t go,” I plead, my eyes closing as the world continues to spin. Vulnerable and still under the effect of alcohol, I plead further, “Don’t leave me, don’t do it again.”

Sighing heavily, he reluctantly agrees, “Okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for the lovely comments. Thought I would have a little fun with this chapter :)