These Little Wonders

Chapter 1

Brendon Urie.

That was the name of the boy staring aimlessly out the window of his bedroom.

On a day where the sun flickered in and out and a cool breeze was a reminder of spring afternoon, Brendon was inside his room.

All week the depressions of the world has seeped into his daily life and no matter how pretty the day seemed to everyone else, Brendon could only see the negative.

His hands were covered in inked words from the transfer of his oh so sad lyrics he had penned for the better part of night and day.

Brendon wasn't just another music obsessed emo kid; he was actually sympathetic to the world's plights and refused to forget about them five minutes later.

Everywhere he looked he was inwardly disgusted as what we as the human race had done.

People were killed for being who they were.

Death and sorrow that could be stopped is left to make its own mark and take as many victims as it wants.

All around the world people were thinking about themselves and doing terrible things just for themselves.

As he rethought all of these terrible things, it occurred to him just how many people were willing to kill others for their own cause, whether it be mass genocide or dropping bombs.

With that five letter word appearing in his mind, a thud[/b[ reverberated through the walls of his room.

For a moment he wondered if there had actually been a bomb.

Crouched in the attack position Brendon realized how stupid he looked, even to no one, and stood up, brushing himself off.

There was silence after the thud, whatever it may have been.

Brendon relaxed somewhat, ready to return to his dismal thoughts when there was a knock at the door.

He ignored it and went back to his disenfranchised musings as the silence resumed.

Words fell from his pen and onto the paper, pulling him farther away from the conscious world.

It was interrupted though by the knocking, which was still as persistent as ever.

Sighing, Brendon left the warm seat at his desk and made his way to the door.

Only the shadowy outline of a person showed through the closed blinds as he reached for the doorknob.

In his pit of despair he didn't expect to see a beam of sunlight in the form of a cotton candy haired fairy.

In an actual sense she was just a girl, about his age, waiting patiently on his doorstep for him to answer the door like he had done a second ago.

"Hi." She grinned.

"Hi." He breathed.

They stood there a moment, caught up in the new situation till she snapped back to reality.

"Oh right, my kite landed on your roof and I was kind of wondering if you could help me get it?"

Brendon blinked at her words, still a bit surprised at her entry into his life.

"I'd get it myself but most people don't like strange pink haired chicks climbing on their roofs. There's always something about Stephanie from LazyTown and bombs."

Brendon cracked a smile at her words, watching her play with a lock of the shirt bubblegum pink hair.

She looked so much like a kid with only shorts and a Zero Smashing Pumpkins shirt on, no shoes to speak of.

He wondered to himself from the few glances he'd had into her gray eyes, just where she had gotten the spark of life in them.

A great deal of people had passed through his life but he had yet to see any of them with so much happiness and life in one glance.

Brendon hadn't noticed it, but he had zoned out into his own world for long enough to get a reaction from the girl.

Her eyes searched his back and forth as she waved her hand in front of his face.

"Something deep is going on in your mind." She murmured, keeping her gaze level with his.

He shook himself out of his daze and smiled.

"Want me to get your kite right?"

She nodded, grinning once more as Brendon disappeared back inside, holding his finger up to signal her to wait.

She backed away from the door to get a good view of where the kite was, just below his window.

Within moments it had slipped open and Brendon climbed out, catching sight of the cherry red kite lying there.

It didn't take him long to get it back inside and get downstairs back to her.

"Thank you so much for getting my kite, I seriously owe you." She giggled, clutching the red diamond in front of her with both hands.

Brendon took her debt to him as his opportunity.

"Do you think maybe you could tell me your name then?"

She bit her lip as she smiled.

"It's, well I'm Felix, your neighbor."

He grinned and stuck out his hand.

"I'm Brendon."
♠ ♠ ♠
This started out as a Ben Jorgensen story and I loved the beginning too much to rewrite it.
I'll post the next part soon.