These Little Wonders

Chapter 11

Brendon couldn't believe all his questions had been answered in so little time by Felix.

He didn't want to drag Felix through anything that was painful for her but she seemed relieved to confide in someone.

It had never really occurred to Brendon till then that she must not have had anyone to talk to that deeply.

The only person that could've understood was her brother and he had moved halfway across the country to escape everything while Felix stayed to face it.

She was such a strong woman for facing what she had lived through and still managing a genuine smile.

Brendon looked down at the girl wrapped in his arms in the darkness of the night, looking so innocent and childlike it was hard to imagine how she got to where she was.

He never imagined himself, after the day they just had, that Brendon would be lying in Felix's bed that night.

She was practically glowing under the light from the Christmas lights strung around her room, or maybe, Brendon wondered, if she actually glowed from inside.

Felix's room was just like Felix; quirky.

In the darkness where the lights didn’t reach, her ceiling shone like the night sky with its star constellations.

The science lab skeleton in the corner grinned at Brendon from under his top hat and cane.

Any empty space was filled with clay, an easel, or like one of her walls, a multimedia of splattered paint in every shade imaginable.

Her walls were another story altogether.

Aside from the miscellaneous one, the other three were completely different.

Brendon stared across at the almost perfect rendition of the Las Vegas skyline at night, painted with almost every color in existence.

Next to it wasn't a painting but an entire wall filled with words, some from great literature and philosophers, bits from songs she fell for, and even a few that had fallen from her friends and family's lips.

He could have spent hours interpreting them but the last wall caught him by surprise by being purely white.

It's a remarkable sight to see a flawless white wall, no imperfection or color seeping through.

Brendon glanced down at Felix, snuggled tightly in his arms, her short brown hair splayed out like a halo.

He couldn’t quite grasp how things so beautiful and incredible came out of her head.

In the few weeks Brendon had known Felix he had let her into every aspect of his life as she had done as well.

It scared him sometimes how close he had grown to her.

They both knew there were feelings there that were beyond platonic between them both.

Before he could stop himself Brendon reached down and began stroking her hair, enjoying the small comfort of it.

For a moment he thought he succeeded is keeping her asleep when Felix turned slightly, snuggling herself closer to him.

Her hand slid over his chest missing a shirt from when she spilled her dessert on him accidentally.

Her touch felt so good it gave Brendon chills as he fought desperately to not gather her up in his arms and never let go.

"I thought beds were for sleeping Brenny." Felix whispered sleepily, a smirk playing on her lips.

"Stereotyping beds now are we?" He replied smugly.

Felix sighed, her eyes half open. "I call 'em as I see 'em."

Brendon laughed softly and looked down to see her bright gray eyes shining in the moonlight.

"Hey Bren?" Felix whispered, her glowing eyes fixated on his lips.

He rose a questioning eyebrow. "Yeah?"

"Would you hate me if I kissed you right now?" She murmured still not breaking her gaze.

Brendon barely had time to shake his head before Felix plunged her lips against his.

Finally Brendon could do what he had been dreaming of for weeks, gathering Felix up in his arms and responding quite passionately with her kiss.

Her fingers ended up threaded in his hair, turning it into a haystack in a matter of seconds.

Brendon's hands wandered from her back before settling on her waist, holding her there securely as if he let her go it'd all be a dream.

They both wanted more; it was obvious by the restraint Brendon showed as his hand slipped down to the rim of her shorts once before going back up to her waist.

After a few minutes they had to break apart for air and for the feeling to return to their lips.

"I've wanted to do that for a long time." Brendon breathed.

Felix let out a shaky laugh and rested her forehead against his.

They didn’t exchange any more words after that, there was no need.

Both of them fell asleep happier and closer than either of them had been before, curled up in each others arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
This part was long awaited in so many ways.
I really can't explain how truly sorry I am for not updating for so long, but if you're a reader of You and Me, Forever Young maybe you'll sympathize.
Now that I've finished writing it I'm focusing on this story.
I just finished sixteen and I'm expecting this to maybe go to twenty, nothing's assured but it's my hope.
I promise I'll be updating a lot more, at least by Saturday or Sunday.
So please, forgive me?