These Little Wonders

Chapter 12

Brendon woke up the next morning to the Beatles and an empty bed.

He sighed to himself as he got out of bed, wondering if he'd ever wake up to Felix in bed with him.

It was weird walking around Felix's house in just his boxers but as Brendon walked into the kitchen that thought went out of his head entirely.

There she was, dancing around the kitchen and singing Sergeant Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band into a spatula.

"Felix?"

She spun around quickly with a startled grin, but instead of stopping she began singing to him instead.

While she sang, Brendon watched her twirling around in short shorts and a button down shirt ala Risky Business, wondering to himself if this was what it was like to watch him onstage.

As the song ended Felix made one final twirl in her striped knee length socks, slowing to a stop right in front of Brendon.

"So how'd I do?" She grinned.

Brendon immediately broke out into applause, which she responded with several very dramatic bows.

"Thank you, thank you! Now, who's up for breakfast?" Felix asked with one more flourish.

Brendon quickly grinned and stuck his hand up, jumping up and down. "Me! Me, oh pick me!"

Felix laughed and forked a few pancakes onto a plate, handing it to Brendon.

He looked down as was about to take a bite when he really looked at the pancakes

"My breakfast is telling me to have a good Sunday." He mumbled, pointing at the writing on it.

With a nod questioning Brendon's astonishment, Felix explained.

"I don't see why birthday cakes get to take all the glory of being graffitied, so why not celebrate just the fact we've made it to another wonderful Sunday?" Felix grinned with a deep breath.

Brendon nodded in understanding, but had to clear one thing up.

"Felix... I think its Monday."

She shrugged. "Well then I guess we should enjoy this glorious Monday."

With a laugh Brendon snuck his arms around her waist and rested his chin on her shoulder.

"I get the strange feeling there was something I had to do today..." He sighed.

Felix didn’t say anything, but relaxed into his arms.

After a moment she began humming a soft tune and swaying back and forth.

Brendon chuckled and kissed her cheek.

"You really can't stay still can you?"

She shrugged and stopped. "I can... for you..."

A small smile grew on his face as he held her tighter, somehow getting the sense that Felix felt all the safer in his arms.

Still, Brendon had to pull away once he realized what was so important today as it pretty much slapped him in the face.

"Oh shit... Ryan's gonna kill me." He murmured nervously.

Felix looked up. "Any reason he may have homicidal tendencies toward you?"

Brendon sighed. "We have a meeting in the studio today and I completely forgot."

He glanced down at Felix who merely looked at him like she was waiting for the punch line.

"And...? You might want to go hightail your ass into some clothes Bren before you piss of your band mates, cause that wouldn’t be cool."

Brendon didn’t have to be told twice as he quickly ran out of the room, skidding through all the others playing hide and go seek with his lost articles of clothing.

Eventually he made it into Felix's room with all of his clothes in hand and in a matter of minutes had gone from half naked to fully clothed, something the guys would appreciate greatly.

After Brendon had deemed himself decent he wandered back into the kitchen to find Felix and ask her to come with him.

She wasn’t like how he had left her; instead he found Felix sitting on the kitchen counter fully dressed and eating his pancakes.

Somehow she had managed to change into a tuxedo shirt and both a plaid skirt and jeans on with her red Converse clad feet swinging and Brendon could help but notice the teddy bear backpack on her back.

"Jeans and a skirt?" He laughed, stealing a bite of her breakfast.

Felix shrugged, sweeping a lock of her straight black hair out of her face.

"It's the best of both worlds; I get the flowy mystery of a skirt, but the security and comfort of pants."

It took all of Brendon's self control not to burst out laughing at the seriousness of her reply.

Felix didn’t seem to care though as she shoved a folded pancake into her mouth, syrup dripping a little down her chin.

Brendon took the opportunity of her silence to ask her the question on his mind, afraid she'd say no and he'd have to take that walk of shame to the studio.

"Hey uh Felix, if you're not busy today would you like to come up to the studio with me? I know the guys would love to meet you and I'd really love it to have you there..." He rambled.

Felix jumped off the counter and pressed her lips to his, the taste of syrup and sugar lingering on his lips.

"I'd love to go with you Brendon." She replied lightly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am a chapter and a half away from finishing this story.
The scary thing is after that... all my active stories will be finished.
Nevertheless, I really like how this story is coming along, everything is falling wonderfully into place and there should be about twenty parts...
And I'm so glad you guys don't hate me for my deadbeatness!
I've even happier that I posted cause it made me want to update, which in turn made me want to work on this.
Two days ago I never would've thought I'd be almost finished.