These Little Wonders

Chapter 13

"Brendon Boyd Urie you are one lucky bastard. If you were five minutes later we'd have-," Ryan abruptly stopped, seeing Felix walk in behind Brendon. "Well hello dolly."

"Yo." She nodded with a grin.

From out of nowhere Jon and Spencer appeared from behind Ryan, all with equally mischievous grins on their faces, though Jon and Spencer's showed something of confusion.

"Is this the infamous Felix?" Spencer asked with an eyebrow raised.

Felix turned to look at Brendon with the same expression on her face as Ryan.

"Yes Brendon, is this the infamous Felix?"

Brendon bit his lip awkwardly, trying to suppress his grin.

"What can I say, it's hard to keep a girl like you to myself." He answered wryly.

Ryan let out a snort.

"Romance works better when there's a bed in the room and we're not."

Felix grinned. "And this must be the infamous Ryan."

His eyebrows rose suggestively.

"So, Brendon talks about me eh?"

"You're all he talks about in his sleep." She gushed before looking at him seriously.

Ryan scowled a little. "How would you know he talks in his... oh my god you had sex didn’t you?!"

Brendon immediately began blushing, shaking his head furiously but Felix kept her gaze with Ryan, keeping her placid smile on her face and raising an eyebrow.

Glancing back and forth between the two of them, Ryan looked as if he was about to go out of his mind from both their reactions.

"Well did you or didn't you?" He asked exasperated.

Still Felix said nothing while Brendon had taken a reprieve from his blushing to watch the both of them.

After a moment Ryan stepped closer to her, mere inches from her face and looking deeply in her eyes, trying to find the answer.

"You didn't have sex." He murmured after a moment.

Felix shrugged and looked back at Brendon, letting a little grin slip.

Her poker face and silence was slowly driving Ryan mad as he let out something of a strangled groan.

He looked about ready to leap at her when Jon walked up.

"Perhaps we should start the meeting before Ryan loses all of his marbles." He suggested, leading him to a chair.

Brendon nodded, getting up from the desk he was leaning on.

Before he could walk over to Felix Jon stopped him.

"Hey Bren, can I talk to you for a minute?" He asked calmly in his usual laid back manner, oblivious to Felix.

She was too preoccupied with creating a butterfly out of the string woven between her fingers.

"Uh, can it wait till after the meeting? I kind of wanted to show you guys what I've been working on." Brendon replied smiling.

Jon shrugged a little but nodded and wandered in through the doorway the others had gone through, casting a fleeting look over at Felix, obviously the most curious about this girl's presence.

Brendon wasn't surprised they were curious bout her of all people, he mused to himself, slipping his arm around Felix's shoulder and leading her into the adjoining room.

As far as a meeting room went it consisted of four very soft couches, the makings of a table under the pile of chips, assorted soft drinks, and pizza.

"So let's get down to business." Spencer announced with a yawn, filling the gap with a slice of pizza.

With only a grin serving as a sign of his emotion, Brendon pulled out a spiral notebook and a folder of papers, proudly putting them on top of the pizza box closest to him.

Each with an eyebrow raised, the three bandmates divided the things among each other, spending a few moments on each sheet before passing it along to the other.

As they did so Brendon's heart rose with their eyebrows before they each looked up in their own time.

"Wow."

"Jeez Bren... it's like the Beatles meets Mr. Rogers meets crack." Spencer murmured, still glancing over the sheets of music and scrawled lyrics.

"This is not the Brendon I was stealing Chinese food from three weeks ago." Ryan chuckled over a can of coke.

"Yeah man..." Jon sighed. "What's with the sudden happiness?"

He shrugged with a grin. "I found something that makes me happy."

Even without saying it they all knew and simultaneously turned their heads to Felix, sitting on the opposite side of the couch with half a slice of pizza crammed in her mouth.

Her eyes slowly looked up at all of them and with a confused, somewhat startled look she waved.

None of them said anything in response but looked among each other and used all their will power not to tease Brendon about the blush lacing his cheeks.

The rest of the meeting went smoothly from there as everyone showed what they had been working on, all of them in good spirits.

After an hour or so they ended the meeting with a group jam out session, successfully mastering their own cover of the Super Mario theme song.

Brendon was enjoying the time to hang out with his friends and show off to Felix, who diligently answered each question the guys threw at her, even the weird ones like why her hair was pink.

What Brendon found was weird was how his views of weird had changed since he met Felix, all of a sudden her different hair and outlook on the world seeming normal to him.

Or maybe it was because he was falling for her and was just blinded by love.

Thoughts like that made him want to laugh and freak out at the same time.

As the food became scarce the meeting started ending and everyone began gathering their things.

Felix left Brendon's side for a moment and plopped down next to Ryan.

"I didn’t send you too over the edge earlier did I?" She asked, her head tilted a little to the side.

Ryan laughed softly and shook his head. "Nah, I just needed something to eat, Spence says I get cranky without my afternoon Capri Sun."

"You do get cranky." Spencer yelled from the other room.

The two best friends since childhood made eye contact for a brief moment before Ryan hurled the closest thing he could find at him.

Sad to say it was a guitar pick and with his lack of strength (despite being able to do the most chin ups in the band; one) it fell short from its target by a good five feet.

Felix instantly broke out in a fresh wave of laughs, Ryan following suit while Spencer looked on in slight confusion.

He looked to Brendon for an explanation but Brendon only shook his head and grinned lovingly at Felix.

Everyone in the room with exception of those two knew they had it bad for each other.

The only question they all had on their minds was when would they realize it, little to know that they already had.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the absence... it's been a long week.
I'm beginning to hate my friends and the only redeeming thing, for me, is that I've been spending all my time on the computer reading the partial copy of Midnight Sun.
But I just finished it and felt I owed this to you.
And if you read You & Me, Forever Young... that last part is gonna be a little more delayed.
I'm not posting it till I finish the last part of this... which as soon as I get unstuck from it.