These Little Wonders

Chapter 14

Brendon had spent the whole night and most of the day in the studio working on the album.

As he stumbled through the door of his house his throat was sore and he wanted nothing more than to fall into bed and sleep for the next week.

It wasn’t till he locked the door behind him that he realized there was no chance of that.

"Felix where are you?" He asked.

Not that it was a surprise she was there since they had pretty much been living together for the past few weeks.

"Follow the footprints!" She yelled from somewhere upstairs.

Naturally he looked down to find a trail of small puddles leading out of the room.

Curiously he followed them, letting his feet fall into her prints.

As he found himself going up the stairs he heard the sound of humming growing louder and louder with each step.

"Felix?" Brendon called out once more.

He heard a giggle and a splash. "You haven’t followed all the prints Brenny boy."

Sighing, Brendon dragged himself up the rest of the way to the bathroom, putting a hand over his eyes.

Instantly Felix broke out into laughter.

"Still the good ol' Mormon boy aren't you?" She asked.

Something about that statement struck a chord within Brendon and he took his hand off his eyes, ready to unleash whatever fury a hundred pound frontman could.

Instead he tried not to laugh at Felix lying in the bathtub in a ballet leotard and a tutu.

"New swimsuit?" He asked.

She grinned and put her hands behind the back of her head. "I'm thinking it's more of my new superhero costume."

Brendon chuckled and crouched down next to her by the tub. "You're missing a cape."

"And your missing your voice dear Bren." Felix replied.

He sighed. "Long day in the studio."

Felix's grin softened as she reached over and grabbed both his hands. "I can fix that."

Without warning or knowledge of Felix's freaky upper-body strength, he ended up being pulled into the very wet bathtub.

"Hi." Felix grinned, inches from his face.

Brendon started laughing.

Laughing at being fully clothed and wet in the tub, the grin on Felix's face, and just because he was happy.

Their record was going wonderfully and everything felt right because he had Felix; he felt invincible with her at his side.

"Bren what're you thinking about?"

"You." He replied honestly.

That was one of the things he'd gotten from Felix, her unashamed honesty.

"Well of course you are, your five inches from my face." She laughed, slipping her arms around him.

Brendon followed suit, enjoying the feeling of her slim body in his arms.

"I was thinking about how much I like you."

Felix's grin softened and she pressed her lips against Brendon's, trying to place every unsaid emotion she felt into it without having to stumble over words.

She couldn’t remember being so happy with her life as she was with Brendon; he completed every part of her that felt empty.

He even brought out the cheesy clichés in her.

"Bren, I need to tell you something." Felix said, letting her hands float onto Brendon's waist in the water.

He rose an eyebrow. "What is it Felix?"

"I'm in serious like with you Brendon, like super deep like with you." She said quickly, burying her face in his soaked shirt.

Brendon lay there slightly surprised, not just by Felix's confession but her reaction, like her quirky façade cracked.

"Felix, hey... I seriously deeply like you too, okay?" He murmured, trying to get her to face him. "I've never met anyone like you before. I can't even find the words to describe how much you mean to me."

She looked up, letting Brendon almost drown in the silvery pools of her eyes.

"I guess that makes two of us Brenny." She murmured, nuzzling his neck.

That sealed the deal for Brendon, who slipped his arms around Felix and pulled her close.

In that moment where they both lay cramped in the bathtub full of water, both of them came to the same realization at the same time.

It was more than just deep like between them.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sparing a few moments of hurricane preparations to update, since this may be the last update for a while.
Based on what I'm hearing from the news and from my parents our power is probably gonna be gone, for a few days actually.
Luckily I live by the medical center so we're gonna be hopefully some of the first to get it back but that still means chaos, no power, no air conditioner, etc. etc.
But I've got to be honest it's looking bad... damn you Ike... I'm somewhat inland but with wind speeds, flying objects, no power, probably no school Monday, or Tuesday... it's looking like a bleak couple of days.
At the moment I'm worrying about my friends, even the ones I'm not on the best terms with... that whole putting life in perspective thing... it's scary.
If you live on the coast like me, near Houston or in other areas, I wish you the best of luck and I hope you share the same sympathies.
I love you all!