These Little Wonders

Chapter 4

Brendon had successfully managed to panic at every aspect of his house.

Felix had been over before but now she was officially coming over.

On an official date,

Unofficially.

He changed his clothes three times.

First he looked like the orchestra dork he had been in high school.

Then he looked like A Fever You Cant Sweat Out Brendon; a phase he had grown out of.

By the time he went through his fourth outfit, being his most recent trend, he was ready to go out naked.

Instead he found some non skinny jeans and the nearest gray sweater he could find.

He looked normal.

Normal was a new thing Brendon was trying out, in between photo shoots and music videos.

The sad thing was, he and his life were nowhere near normal, and neither was Felix.

An argument started in Brendon's mind over normalcy and after a few minutes he let out a strangled yell and decided to fuck it all.

He'd come to the conclusion people beyond normal generally looked normal to the outside world and his outfit was appropriate.

It struck him as he was taking the Chinese noodles out of the to go box that he had never freaked out about a girl like he was now.

He really liked Felix.

She was one of those little wonders you only discovered maybe once in your lifetime if you were lucky.

Brendon knew this, and it was that fact that made him want everything to be perfect.

He had gone to the Dynasty Cafe down the street and bought some Vegetable Fried Rice and Vegetable Lo-Mein, along with anything else that was vegetarian.

It was only till after he had laid everything out nicely on the good Chinet that he remembered telling Felix he couldn't cook.

"There goes impressing her." Brendon muttered.

He surveyed the food and the living room, trying to convince himself take out and a movie was suitable.

But before Brendon could doubt himself and find more flaws, there was a knock at the door.

"Coming!" He yelled, wiping his hands off on his jeans, running to the door.

He checked his hair in the mirror, along with his newly shaved face before opening the door.

He barely had a moment to breathe before he was engulfed in a tight hug.

"Brendon!" Felix exclaimed, kissing his cheek as she held him tight.

She had managed to stun him, the only sign of a reaction being the huge grin on his face.

"I'm glad you're here." He murmured.

She grinned. "I'm glad you're here too or else this would be breaking and entering and you know they'd eat me alive in prison."

Brendon laughed and slung his arm around her shoulder as they turned toward the living room.

He was still nervous about any contact, whether she'd take it the wrong way or take it the right way, or not take it at all.

Felix however, didn't seem to notice his nerves or his arm, other than leaning in him and walking forward.

"So dear Brendon, what concoction have you whipped up for me to eat ala Fear Factor?" She asked smirking.

He pulled away in mock hurt.

"Jeez Felix, I'm not that bad of a cook! I've been slaving away all day over a hot stove and this is what I get?"

Felix dropped her head in shame. "I sowry Brenny."

For whatever reason seeing her like that, innocent and adorable, made his cheeks heat up.

In an attempt to save face Brendon sat Felix down on the couch.

"Okay, you stay here while I get the food." He explained, running into the kitchen.

Felix sat there for a moment after Brendon disappeared behind the door.

She twiddled her thumbs and whistled for a bit but in the end her ADD got to her and quietly snuck into the kitchen.

While Brendon was putting the final touches on the take out dinner, Felix watched in amusement.

"I didn't know you could make vegetable lo-mien." She grinned.

Brendon looked up like a deer in headlights, still holding the Chinese paper box aloft sideways, frozen by her words.

Felix didn't say anything, just kept walking toward him till she got a pair of wooden chopsticks in her hands.

As she picked up some of the noodles with them and put them in her mouth he watched her smile delightedly.

"Dynasty Cafe always makes the best lo mien." She said, picking up the plate.

Brendon still hadn't moved from his spot on the counter holding the rice box, but as Felix grabbed his plate too he decided to follow her.

"So darling Brendon what plans do you have up your sleeve for tonight?" She asked, tucking a strand of black hair behind her ear.

He smirked and held up the stack of rented Blockbuster movies.

"We're having a flop-athon." He announced proudly.

With an amused grin Felix looked up at him, somewhat questioningly.

"Flop-athon?" She asked.

He happily showed her the array of box office flops from The Sandlot II to Dragon Wars.

"Ryan thinks if I rent them I'm only encouraging the bad film industry but I just can't help it. Bad movies and take-out make the world go round." Brendon explained, putting the DVD in.

Felix giggled and nodded profusely with her mouth stuffed with noodles.

Brendon took that as a yes and proceeded to put the first movie in.

As he sat back on the couch next to Felix, ready to watch the movie, she rested her head on his shoulder.

By the second movie her head was resting in his lap and Brendon made the startling revelation that she had fallen asleep.

Options flew through his mind, whether he should wake her up and suffer the awkward moment, move her head and risk waking her up, or just leave her there.

It came to the point where he was making a pro's and con's list in his head.

In the end Brendon fell asleep panicking, not realizing that somewhere in the middle of the night they ended up cuddling.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm a little hesitant posting cause I'm only up to chapter 12.
I don't like not having parts separating me between this.
Still, the comments I'm getting make me want to post dozens of times.
So I'm doing what I can.