These Little Wonders

Chapter 5

Brendon woke up the next morning sprawled on the couch, the pain in his neck being a sore reminder of why he hated sleeping on couches in the first place.

It didn't take but a few moments for it to sink in that he was sprawled on the couch alone.

Not only was the couch empty but the room and the rest of the house echoed nothing but silence.

Felix had left Brendon feeling more like a one night stand without the benefit of a night of fun to make up for it.

She had however, upon further inspection, cleaned everything up from the night before, almost as if she was removing any evidence she had been there in the first place.

Brendon moved to run his hand through his hair when he noticed writing on it.

I.O.U. one home cooked dinner.
-Felix

P.S. You snore.


Brendon laughed a little too forced to himself at the note on his palm.

As he read it he could hear her voice in his mind with a hint of laughter and a dash of grin.

It was still a bit of a bring down to wake up all alone aftera first date dinner and a movie with the girl he was crushing on.

Felix felt like one of those girls you only found maybe once or twice in a lifetime that took forever to get but once you did it was worth it.

At least that's what he'd heard.

The sound of his stomach growling broke Brendon from his thoughts as he swung his legs over the couch and made his way to the kitchen in search of food.

Upon entering two things caught his eye immediately.

One was the plate of eggs, French toast, and a biscuit sitting on his counter.

The other one, explaining the food, was letters of what looked to be an entire containers worth of salt.

Upon further inspection Brendon read them.

Your 2 Skinny.
Eat!


He couldn't help but grin like an idiot as he put the food in the microwave, deciding to leave the note there for as long as he could without messing it up.

Felix was definitely going to be a permanent fixture in his life, if not for being the amazing person she was then for the food she brought.

The thoughts in Brendon's head came to an abrupt halt as the sound of his front door creaking open met his ears.

Felix always knocked; she had an odd love of making up as many combinations of knocks as she could.

In suburbs when the door creaks open it could be Mrs. Cleaver with an apple pie and to discuss the latest issue of Good Housekeeping.

In Vegas it could be the local transvestite hooker looking for a fix or hideout away from her pimpnamed slickback.

Brendon abandoned his breakfast in the microwave with that thought and headed toward the living room, picking up a baseball bat along the way.

For a moment he wondered just why there was a baseball bat in his kitchen but as he hid next to the doorway listening to foreign footsteps he didn't really care.

In a split second from hiding there Brendon leapt out to face his intruder...

That was Ryan.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" Brendon breathed, holding his hand to his fast beating heart the other holding the bat.

"Where'd you get the bat?" Ryan laughed.

"I asked you first." Brendon defended, throwing the bat in his empty dining room.

Ryan rolled his eyes as he walked past him into the kitchen. "Please like that ever works."

Brendon was still standing in the same spot when Ryan shouted to him from the kitchen.

"Aw Bren you shouldn't have made me breakfast."

"I didn't, my friend Felix did."

Ryan shook his head. "She really shouldn't have, what's breakfast without bacon?"

"She made it vegetarian." Brendon said, as he suddenly realized the extra thought behind it.

Ryan scoffed. "I'm not vegetarian! Here, you can have it."

With an eye roll Brendon took the plate from him and began eating.

As he did that Ryan watched him curiously.

"So... you said Felix made you this breakfast. Did she come by like around 7 a.m. with groceries then?"

Brendon sighed, knowing exactly where this was going.

"No... she spent the night."

Instantly Ryan's eyebrows shot up.

"Brendon you-!"

"No!"

"You had sex!"

"I didn't-"

"You did the dirty deed!" He continued, pointing and accusing finger and grin.

"Ryan I-"

"You slipped her some Urie between the sheets!"

At that Brendon stopped, putting a hand on his hip.

"Okay that one was just pathetic."

With a nod Ryan agreed, hanging his head a little.

"Yeah... it's not my best work." He conceded. "But you get the point."

Brendon merely rolled his eyes. "We didn't even kiss."

All Ryan did was shake his head.

"Honestly man, how do you expect to get laid if you don't make a move?"

Brendon didn't answer him, only returning his attention to his fork and plate.

He had a point, though the end result was a little misguided.

If Brendon didn't make a move, beyond a first date with Felix, what were his hopes of making it more?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm almos done with part 12 and I'm fairly sure I know where I'm going with this.
There may be twenty chapters or so.