These Little Wonders

Chapter 8

Being around Felix gave Brendon a new outlook on life.

He wasn't that cynical little rock star the limelight had made him into.

It wasn’t that she was an optimist, but showed Brendon a different way to look at the world.

When he got stopped on the street by a fan, that somewhat annoyed feeling he got had vanished and he enjoyed it even more smiling for them and signing whatever, just knowing he made their day a little brighter.

If he saw a homeless person on the street he made sure to slip them whatever cash he had in his wallet, knowing full well they needed it more than him.

All those stereotypical people in the world that nagged at him immediately sparkled in his eyes, as he saw the world would be empty without them.

He knew if they didn’t exist, the lyrics and music he lived by would mean nothing and be nothing.

Felix had given him a new lease on life.

Felix…

Since the day at the park nearly a week and a half ago they had been inseparable.

Everyday after class Felix would come by his house, meet him at the park, or just show up spontaneously, she had a knack for knowing where Brendon was.

It was that talent that somehow reassured Brendon.

No matter what they were doing whether it was staying in and teaching Brendon how not to burn water, or going out to watch the latest worst rated movie in theaters, they always had fun.

Most nights Felix ended up falling asleep with Brendon, who’d wake up to an empty bed per usual and fall back into the same routine.

Except for today.

Around lunch she didn’t appear with any new foods Brendon had never heard of or be able to spell.

Felix should’ve been over after class, but she still hadn’t shown up, leaving him to watch the cars pass by for an hour; 36 black, 12 silver, 20 blue, 13 green and… well it went downhill from there.

It hit Brendon as he lay in bed alone and without a single sign from Felix how much he depended on seeing her.

Perhaps he could’ve better spent his time off writing, or being with his family, instead of hanging around a girl he barely knew but could hardly go a minute without thinking about.

Felix had become his addiction, even if she wasn’t his girlfriend.

Since the day at the park when she told him about her feelings he hadn’t been able to get up the nerve to ask her out.

If there was one thing Brendon was scared of it was ruining his friendship with her, and whether she turned him down or it didn’t work out, he didn’t want to take that chance.

With these thoughts floating around in his head, Brendon fell into an uneasy sleep.

The entire night he tossed and turned, waking up and trying hard to fall back asleep for another few minutes before starting all over again.

By the time morning hit and the sun rose Brendon was out of bed, giving up on the pointless task called sleep.

He was busy flipping through cartoons when there was a knock on his door that turned into several more rhythmic ones.

Tiredly Brendon hauled himself off the couch and swung the door open, revealing Ryan leaning against the frame.

"Sup." Ryan nodded, brushing past Brendon inside.

"I don't have food." Brendon said tiredly.

With a gasp, Ryan put his hand to his heart. "Brendon! I am hurt and dismayed that you'd think so low of me!"

With a snort he sat down on the couch, Ryan joining him soon after.

"So if you're not here for food, why are you here?" Brendon asked with a yawn.

"Well I've been missing my BFF and as your band mate I've come to tell you that we've moved almost all the equipment into the Palms, and recording starts Monday."

"Sounds good." Brendon yawned again and nodded, rubbing his hands tiredly over his face. "Oh, would it be cool if Felix came and visited sometimes?"

Ryan scoffed.

"Honestly Brendon it's like you don't know us at all! We were all actually planning on kidnapping her just to meet her but the fact that you'd bring her willingly makes this so much easier."

With a chuckle Brendon shook his head, smiling to himself.

He didn’t say anything as he reached over for his cell phone on the coffee table.

"Vegetable Supreme right?" Brendon asked as he dialed Papa John's.

Ryan broke out into a huge grin, nodding quickly.

"I knew there was a reason you're my friend. You know I'm lying when I say I didn’t come here for food, and you know my favorite pizza."

Brendon shrugged, being put on hold,

"Actually I just heard your stomach growl and I really want some bell peppers."
♠ ♠ ♠
Now that I've finished So Kiss Me Goodbye I'll hopefully have more time to focus on this story.
And yeah this part is pretty filler-ish but I like the next few ones.
I'll try to update this soon since I'm almost done with part fourteen and things are starting to pick up.
Still, I can't make any promises.