Status: New story. Enjoy!

Dead Nightingale

Chapter 2: Flying Potions

The next morning was the first day of classes. I stared at myself that was reflected back at me in the mirror. My black hair was still straight but had gotten longer during my summer vacation at Azkaban. It now hanged past my shoulders but I could see all the different layers in my hair from the last time I had it layered. My natural yet unusual purple eyes seemed to have dulled a bit. I sighed before walking out of the bathroom already dressed in my Slytherin robes. Rose was waiting for me dressed in her normal robes.

"Ready Lucinia?" she asked

"Let the whispers, questions and annoyance begain." I told her as we walked out the door

We walked down the stairs to the common room. Slytherins were walking out of the hole heading to breakfast. When they saw me and Rose the parted to let us through. As we were walking to breakfast we heard footsteps running to us. Rose went to guard mode and had her wand out and hidden. It was Draco Malfoy.

"Muerte, why did you kiss me?" he demanded

"I wouldn't call that a kiss. It was just a mere peck on the cheek." I told him. "I doubt mommy and daddy would like you talking to me so if I were you I would stay far away from me. I am very dangerous after all."

Rose didn't put away her wand till Malfoy walked off. We walked to the Great Hall and sat on the end closet to the professors. I was enjoying the food as always when Snape handed me a piece of paper. He was handing them out to everyone. It was my class schedule.

Now potions wasn't fun. I was next to Malfoy. I was about to go to the land of dreams when Snape busted through the door.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few." said Snap looking right at Draco Malfoy. "Who possess the predisposition I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensure the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death. Then again, maybe some on you have come to Hogwarts with abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention."

Following his gaze I found he was staring at poor Harry Potter.

"Mr. Potter. Our new celebrity. What would I get if I added root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Said Snape

Harry shook his head and his friend, a smart girl with very bushy hair, hand shot up.

"Don't know? Let's try again. Where would you look if I asked you to I d a bezoar?" asked Snape

"I don't know, sir." said Harry

"What is the difference between monkshood and wolfsbane?" asked Snape

Tried of watching I decided to jump in.

"If you added root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood you get a sleeping potion so strong its called the Drought of the Living Death. A bezoar is found in a goat. And there is no difference between monkshood and wolfsban its the same thing."

"Miss Muerte. Our other new celebrity." said Snape turning on me

"I wouldn't call me a celebrity. I bet every signal one of their families wants me back in Azkaban."

"A point from Slytherin." said Snape not happy he had to take a point from his beloved house

I was about to say more when I hear a very mad Rose telling me no. I sighed waiting for class to be over.

During our first flying lesson with the Gryffindors stood next to Mr. Malfoy with Rose at my back. Broomsticks laid at our feet.

"Good afternoon, class." said a lady with eyes as yellow as a cats

"Good afternoon, madam Hooch." we chanted

"Welcome to your first flying lesson." said Madam Hooch

Oh joy.

"What are you waiting for? Step up to the left side of your broomstick." she said. "Come on now, hurry up. Stick your hand over the broom and say 'Up'."

We did as we were told but instead of joining in with the class and saying up. I just moved my hand over the broom and it few right into my grub.

"Well done, Miss Muerte." said madam Hooch

Harry Potter's flew up almost immediately after saying up as did Draco Malfoy's but he didn't like that I didn't have to say a word. Everyone else was having problems.

"With feeling." said Madam Hooch

Harry's friend, the red haired boy, his flew up and whacked him in the face. I couldn't help but giggle which earned me a weird looked from Malfoy.

Once we all had our brooms in our hands, madam Hooch moved on.

"Now once you've got hold of your broo., I want you to mount it. Grip it tight. You don't wanna be sliding off the end." said madam Hooch

I mounted my broom waiting for me to die of boredom.

"When I blow my whistle, I want you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle. Three, two." madam Hooch blew her whistle

A Gryffindor boy started to fly off. Nothing him or Madam Hooch said would make him come back down. Poor thing ran into some walls and fell off the broom but a statue...never mind he hit the ground and Madam Hooch rushed to the hospital wing, telling us not to fly off. Malfoy picked up a little glass ball.

"Did you see his face? If he had squeezed this, he'd remembered to fall on his fat arse." said Draco

Arse? Does he mean ass? I was raised in America for only a short time but the English still amaze me with how they say things.

"Give it here, Malfoy." said Harry

"No. I'll leave it somewhere for Longbottom to find." said Malfoy as he stepped on to his broom. "How about on the roof?"

Sighing I turned to Rose. "I'm done."

"Lucinia we need to stay." she told me

"Why?" I asked as I heard cheering Harry had the ball

Soon McGonagall came out calling Harry. Everyone thought he was in trouble and I had enough.

"Are you all that blind? She was smiling I highly doubt he is in trouble." I said. "Rose I am going to my next class. I am done."

I walked off not caring if my bodyguard was following or not.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 2! Chapter 2!