Status: New story. Enjoy!

Dead Nightingale

Chapter 4: Quidditch

Rose left me alone that night but the nightmares did not.

Always the same.

A little girl laying in her own blood while her parents stood above her. Sometimes with a whip other times with a knife or even their wands. The girl wondering what she did wrong to have parents that brought her pain instead of the care and love the parents in her books brought to their children.

I sighed as I got up and dressed in my school robes. Today was the Quidditch match between Slytherin and Gryffindor.

Soon we were at the table and I was just pushing my food around. I wasn't hungry.

"Lucinia, are you ok?" Rose asked

"Fine." I replied

Rose gave me a look that told me she didn't believe me. I rolled my eyes and spotted a snowy white owl carrying a wrapped up broom. It dropped it in front of Harry Potter.

That's right today is his first Quidditch game.

I got to sit with the rest of my house in the stands. Rose behind me as always. Next to me was Draco Malfoy.

Oh the joy!

Not.

The teams flew out and circled the stadium.

"Hello and welcome to Hogwarts' first Quidditch game of the season." says the announcer. "Today's game, Slytherin versus Gryffindor."

"I can't believe they have a Gryffindork as the announcer!" said Draco

Did he really just say Gryffindork?

"You're not very good at insults are you?" I asked with a raised eyebrow

He huffs but says nothing.

The players make a circle around the center. On the ground I spy a chest. And our flying teacher Madam Hooch walks on to the field.

"The players take their positions as Madam Hooch steps onto the field to begin the game!" says the announcer

"Now, I want a nice, clean game from all of you!" said Madam Hooch yet she was looking at the Slytherin

She kicks the chest and the two bludgers went flying.

"The bludgers are up, followed by the Golden Snitch. Remember, the snitch is worth 150 points. The Seeker who catches the Snitch ends the game." says the announcer

Madam Hooch picks up the Quaffle throwing it into the air. A smile appeared on my face.

"The Quaffle is released and the game begins!" says the announcer

"Like Quidditch, Muerte?" I hear Draco

My smile was gone replaced by a glare. I glared at him forcing that smirk of his to vanish.

Looking at game I saw one of the Gryffindor chasers had the Quaffle. She was dodging players and bludgers. She was almost to the three rings.

Top ring!

"Angelina Johnson scores! Ten points for Gryffindor!" said the announcer "Slytherin takes the Quaffle. Bletchley passes to Captain Marcus Flint."

A Gryffindor chaser goes to grab the Quaffle and Flint kicks her!

At this rate I will be routing for Gryffindor if Slytherin is going to mess up my beloved sport.

Flint goes for the top ring but the Quaffle is hitter away by the Gryffindor keeper. Now Gryffindor has the Quaffle. They make it through the top ring!

"Another ten points to Gryffindor!" said the announcer

Slytherin tries for the top ring again but the keeper catches it. I see Flint grab one of his beaters clubs and sends a bludgers straight for the keeper.

That's it!

"Go Gryffindor!" I yell

I could feel the glares from my house.

"Lucinia?" I hear Rose ask with a slight giggle

"If Slytherin is going to ruin my favorite sport I will support the opposite team." I replied

"Even if its those stupid Gryffindor?" Draco asked

I grinned wide at him. "Especially if its Gryffindor."

I watched as Slytherin scored ten points. And as two Slytherin players pined a Gryffindor chaser between them causing her to crash and they take the Quaffle away from her.

Slytherin scores another ten points.

I see Harry zoom off.

He found the Snitch!

"Come on Harry!" I said

Than his broom was acting weird like trying to throw him off.

I slowly focus on my power. The cuffs begin to burn but I ignored it. I saw everyone's souls. Looking around I saw that two were glowing brighter. One dark, one light. It was in the teachers stands but I couldn't tell who.

I quickly turned it off. I was breathing hard. My wrists burned.

"What did you see?" Rose whispered

"One teacher is causing it another is trying to prevent it." I whispered back

I felt her nod. "Never do it again."

"Yeah." I said

She took me away from the stands to our room where she took care of my wrists and I fell asleep.