Till There Was You

Chapter 7

Steven couldn't help he grin on his face as he took her hand and led her out towards his car, openin the passenger's side door. "I hope I don't have to speak Spanish all the bloody time, me head hurts", he chuckled.

"Not now, I don't have the jar. I don't want mi novio to have a headache", she teased.

Steven started the car and backd away from the house. "I'm so out of the loop, I haven't asked a girl out in over fourteen years. I feel like I'm back in secondary school asking Nicole Mason out on a date to the Winter Dance", he laughs.

"I have never had a boyfriend before, so we're even", said Aracelis.

"You must be bleedin' joking, you're a beautiful girl", he exclaimed.

Aracelis giggled and her cheeks turned pink. "Gracias, but with Luis as my brother the boys were all scared", she replied.

"Oi, I'll try to be a first good boyfriend for you, my bonny black-haired girl", he vowed.

Steven drove to his building and parked downstairs in the garage, taking her upstairs to his condo. "Your brother is one of my mates and I know his reputation, you have nothing to fear", he said.

Aracelis felt her heart thump and her palms were clammy as Steven led her inside. "Can I get you a drink?", he asked.

"Si, por favor", she whispered.

Steven poured them each a tumblr of Famous Grouse and handed one to her. "Don't be afraid, Ari. I'm just offering you a drink", he said.

Aracelis took a sip of her whisky. "Lo siento, but I've never been to a man's house before", she replied.

Steven took a sip of his whisky and set the glass down on the table. "And I haven't had a new girlfriend in fourteen years, so I guess that makes us even. I had trouble asking girls out in school and then whenI joined the first team I was getting mobbed by the girls", he chuckled.

Steven took another sip of whisky. "I met Alex when I was doing an advert my second year, she was the model they hired. I was a dumb green lad and I thought she was gorgeous. I asked her out and we started dating, whwen she fell pregnant with Lilly I proposed and we were married the summer after she was born", he said.

"Alex and I started drifting apart after Lourdes was born, she was keen to lose the weight and model again and wasn't interested in the baby. I came home early from training while the older girls were at school, I found Alex and her Italian wanker in our bed", he whispered in anguish.

Steven finished his whisky and poured himself another. "The sight of them, my wife fucking another guy in our bed, it just gutted me. I told her to get out and I punched him, I threw them both out. I called me lawyer soon as possible and filed for divorce, I just wanted it to be over", he muttered.

Aracelis said nothing, putting a hand on his shoulder as lowered his head and bitter tears filled his eyes. "I'm sorry, Ari. But it still stings, me wife fucking that man in our bed, I'll never forget it", he said angrily.

"No preoccupe, Steven. Ella esta una puta mala", she replied venemously.

"Verdad, my bonny black-haired girl. We were married for twelve years, that's a bloody long time", he said.

Arecelis gave him a hug and he leaned into her embrace, a soft sigh escaping his lips. "My divorce is still a sore spot with me, I'm sorry if I bothered you", he said.

Aracelis said nothing, her arms around his muscular torso as she ran her fingers through his brown hair. "Mira a mi, Steven", she said.

Steven gave her a crooked smile and turned to face her, the corners of his lips turned up. "Aye, what is it, my bonny black-haired girl?", he chuckled.

Aracelis smiled enigmatically and leaned over to kiss his lips. Steven was caught off-guard but he returned the kiss and applied more pressure to her lips as they parted under his. A soft moan came from her lips as they continued kissing, his hands resting on her hips.

Steven broke the kiss and smiled down at her. "Was that your first real kiss, my bonny black-haired girl? I can't do any or else your brother will kick arse", he teased.

"Si, but I trust you, Steven. Let's go before we do anything stupid", she said.

Steven nodded. Patience, mate, he reminded himself.

Aracelis was looking through his DVD collection while Steven was in the kitchen preparing lunch. "I got all of De Niro's films, he's me favorite actor. I also got a lot of gangster movies, Dad is a big fan", he said.

"Okay, that is not to my taste. How about this?", she asked, holding up a DVD of a Hard Day's Night.

"Bloody good film, I'm a Scouser so we're all proud of the Beatles. There are many Beatles sites in Liverpool, there's tours when you can see all those bloody things. Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields are actual places, there's always coach tours wanting to see the sites. i think between them and me old team, we put Liverpool on the map", he laughed.

Steven handed her a plate with a turkey sandwich and a glass of water as he went to set up the movie. Aracelis finished her sandwich and placed the platte down on the coffee table as she leaned back on the couch as the opening credits came onscren. They were both smiling and laughing at the antics of the Fab Four as they were chased by their crazed fans and trying to get to the show on time. "They had the best songs, when Luis moved to the Netherlands he kept sending me their albums", she said.

"Didn't you have any of their albums?", he asked.

"We didn't have the money to buy albums, just radio. Mami is a Beatles fan and we listened to the English station a lot, Beatles and other English music", she replied.

"I love Oasis, even if they were Mancs. Xabi and I saw them in 2005, bloody great band. Liam and Noel are complete wankers but they are geniuses, suppose all genuises are a touch barmy. Xabi is my mate, we played together until he transferred to Real Madrid, he plays for Bayern Munich now. I'm going to visit him next week, we got a full week before our first game and I want to see him again", he said.

Steven chuckled at the question in her eyes, gently kissing her lips. "I canna take you with me, my bonny black-haired girl. Luis would kill me, being the proper Spanish bloke he is. I will take you on holiday, I will", he vowed.