Status: please read the author's note at the end of every chapter! ♡

From Eden.

vingt et un.

I was running, crying, panting, and looking back at the dark figure chasing after me as I ran through the forest. Tears streamed down my cheeks. I wanted to scream, but it felt as if someone had clipped my vocal chords. I was terrified, my heart felt like it going to explode inside my chest. I was barefoot, rocks and sticks cutting into the soles of my feet. I focused on getting away from whatever the hell was chasing me. It was coming after me. It wanted to hurt me.

Delilah, don’t be afraid My eyes widened as Keilah’s soft voice rang in my ears. I only want to help you escape.

I felt weak, feeble, exposed. My feet were bleeding as I ran, my chest tightening. Pain shot through my legs. The branches scraped my skin, leaving marks and cuts. Every bone in my body told me not to trust Kaelah. To continue running. The creature was still chasing me. I felt like I was no longer protected by an invisible shield. I ran deeper into the forest, as fast as my feet could take me, and stopped only for a second to catch my breath. I leaned onto a rotting tree for support, the air stinging my lungs as I breathed in deep. But then, I noticed something.

My mark was gone.

The realization came at me like a ten ton brick. I was no longer a Hybrid. I was human. Kaelah was stronger than me now, and she could destroy me. She could carry out my father’s wishes without hesitation.

I started running again. I was lost in my thoughts, shocked and terrified that I was now a mortal. I didn’t pay attention to my footing, and let out a small cry as my foot got caught under a fallen tree branch. I lost my balance and fell face first into the dirt. I tried getting up as quickly as I could, but was pinned back down to the ground by the dark figure hovering over me.

Forgive me, Delilah. Kaelah’s voice whispered into my ear once more as I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder.

I began to scream as the pain radiated throughout my body. I thrashed, trying to kick Kaelah off me, but the thrill of me struggling only made her more powerful. Her teeth sank deeper into my tender flesh, my blood pouring out of the wound. Kaelah ripped chunks of my flesh from my shoulder and neck, blood spewing everywhere. Kaelah enjoyed every minute of ripping my body to shreds.

I could only scream.

Image


“Please don’t cry. Wake up Del, wake up.” A soothing voice whispered into my ear as I struggled to open my eyes. I felt rough, calloused fingers stroke my forehead, and then my hair. I was caught in the realm of being in a daze of coming out of my nightmare and entering reality.

I was stuck there. I couldn’t wake myself up fully. I could not make myself believe that I was having a nightmare, it felt too real. I felt Kaelah’s teeth sink into my skin, I felt the blood draining from my body. I felt the pain, the air hurting my chest and lungs as I breathed in deep. I couldn’t shake the feeling of her teeth ripping my flesh. I couldn’t understand why I had dreamt of Kaelah killing me, and there was nothing I could do about it. I began to shake, as the thought of that dream not being a dream, and possibly a vision of what was to come entered my mind. I knew Kaelah had a job to kill me, and I honestly believed nothing would stop her, if she had the chance to do it. My heart and head were telling me to run far, far away before I ended up six feet under, and that thought sent me into hysterics. I began to shake, and cry uncontrollably. I felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around the small of my back.

“Shh, you’re dreaming. It’s not real,” The voice whispered into my hair. I felt rough fingertips trace shapes and patterns on my back. I began to calm down as the familiar voice soothed me. My body sank next to the one next to me. I opened my eyes, and lifted my head, my eyes traveling up the man’s body that was strangely familiar and locked with a pair of warm brown eyes. Brian looked at me, a smile creeping upon his lips as I stared at him.

“What the fucking fuck.” Was all I could whisper in disbelief and shock.

“Morning.” Brian said, his voice barely above a whisper. My brows furrowed as I realized we were laying in a bed together. I could tell that I wasn’t in my own room, and had to be in Brian’s. Why was I there? As if he could read my thoughts, Brian shifted a bit, causing my gaze to return back to his brown eyes. “Zack’s at his parent’s house, and he told me to take care of you just in case you started to have nightmares.” He stated matter-of-factly.

Yeah, that made total sense.

“What the fuck.” Was all I could say, and think.

Part of me understood why I woke up in Brian’s room instead of my own. But the fact that Brian had crawled into bed with me, and was shirtless left me unsettled. Zacky knew Brian liked me, and wanted me.

“What was it about?” Brian asked. It took me a moment to realize Brian was asking about my nightmare.

“I was...running. Through the woods.” The story played in my head as I said the words aloud. “I was being chased by someone, something. I tried getting away, but whatever it was, it was much faster. Eventually, I tripped, and well, it...it uh, it killed me.”

Brian was quiet for a few moments, and I guessed he was thinking about what I told him. “When you say it killed you, do you mean it…Turned you?”

It took me back at how serious he was being. I looked up to see his eyes filled with concern. I was at a loss for words, so I just nodded. I waited for Brian’s reaction. That time never came, because soon enough Brian turned back into his overly crazy self by jumping off the bed, mumbling about how he was hungry.

I got up, and followed him to the kitchen. I planted myself on a barstool, making myself comfortable while Brian looked for something to eat. I looked out of the window, at the beach. Part of me wanted to escape from everything. To leave Huntington Beach. To escape the Lycans, the Hybrids, and the Vampires that were on the hunt to kill me. I was part Angel, part Human, part Demon, and part Vampire. And I was in love with a Lycan. There were people who were out to kill me, and the ones I love. In fact, one of those people was standing right in front of me, shoving Cheerios in his mouth.

“Brian?” I asked, not thinking of what I was about to say. Brian looked up from his box of cereal, and I continued. “You know about the Hybrid, right?” my heart began to speed up as a look of pure disgust crossed Brian’s face.

“Why do you care?” he spat with pure venom in his words. It scared me to see him this way. He was usually so happy and care-free, it was like a total 180. I immediately began to regret bringing up the subject.

“Well, living with a bunch of werewolves, it has come up.” I mumbled, trying not to trip over my words and stutter.

Brian nodded, he was beginning to calm down now. “What about her?” He asked, which surprised me. He knew that the Hybrid was a woman?

“Well, uh, what do you think about her?” I asked, knowing it was a stupid question. The look on Brian’s face said it all. He wanted her dead just as much as Kaelah, my father, and the rest of the guys did.

“She’s a waste of space, Del.” Brian grumbled, his squinted eyes aimed directly into mine. which scared me. I didn’t like this side of Brian at all. “She is the entire reason why this war is going on. Everyone is fighting over her, wanting her for her powers. There are days when I think that it’s all made up.” Brian’s voice softened a bit, which made me somewhat happier.

“So many people are dead because of her. Innocent people who didn’t deserve to die. I’ve lost family members, we all have. All trying to hunt her down.” Brian’s words shook me, and I felt my heart drop to my stomach when I saw a tear roll down his cheek.

It killed me knowing that one of my dearest friends, someone I held near and dear to my heart, hated me, and he didn’t even know it.
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter was a filler. v.v
but hey! first chapter of 2016!
i'm not sure if i'll be able to update this story regularly. i will try to update it once a week, but right now, i'm planning a wedding and y'all know how life is. i've already started writing chapter 22 though, so yay!
but thank you, so much to those who commented and messaged me about how happy they were that i've updated this story again. i am so happy to be back on mibba, and writing again. thank you all so much for the support.
a very big thank you to:
Deadlihood
jaqen h'ghar.
robs
efflorescxnt
for commenting! ♡
Image