So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 1

There are not enough words in the world to describe how much I hate blind dates.

Especially ones set up by my friends.

Whatever good intentions they may have don't mean shit when you're alone in a bar.

Feeling even more like a loser, I sat all by my lonesome on a barstool twirling my straw around in my empty drink.

"You look sad."

I looked up toward the voice.

Wow.

"I’m William, but you can call me Will."

I tried to find my voice, but it was a lost cause.

He laughed, but not in a condescending way.

"I suppose I’ll have to find out your name later. How about a drink?"He smiled a smile that made my heart flutter. "Bartender, another…"

"Water." Was all I could say.

He smirked again, seemingly victorious in getting me to speak."Another water for the lady right here."

Turning back to me as he slid a five over the counter to the bartender, he
continued. "So, no alcohol?"

I shook my head. "I’m not one of those girls who like to drink alone in bars."

"Who says you’re alone?"

We stared at each other after he said that, myself slightly blushing, not breaking eye contact.That is to say, until a voice spoke up behind us.

"Are you Lilly Harper?"

My curiosity overtook me at my name. "Yeah, who wants to know?"

"Hi, I’m Lucas. You’re friend Natalie set us up, remember?"

I won’t lie to say my heart didn’t sink down a bit.

Looking back at William, he seemed awkward about the new situation and gave me a small smile, unlike the one before it, and walked away.

Lucas watched him leave till he was out of sight.

"Who was that guy?"

"His name’s William, he bought me a drink."

He didn’t saying anything further but instead ordered a beer.

~x~

Over the course of the night he ordered several beers.

So many in fact, I began to get nauseous just watching him.

As the clock reached midnight he began coming onto me with more force than the last three beers combined.

"Come on baby, let’s drive back to my place, have some fun." He slurred.

"There aren’t enough sweet words in the dictionary to get me in a car with you."

His hand crept up my thigh. "Oh come on, don’t be that way."

I fought back the urge to puke and kick him in the balls, opting for the more ladylike way.

"No, consider this date over." I growled, jumping off the barstool and picking up my purse.

Halfway out the door I felt someone tightly grab my arm.

"Listen bitch, you’re lucky a guy like me wants you."

Feeling my heart pulse, his grip strengthened when a voice called out from the darkness.

"I believe she said no."

William.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm a Quizilla transplant and this was my first story on there.
I've got 80 parts of this and no problem posting them.