So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 17

We spent the greater half of an hour in his apartment; but not doing the obvious.

In between kisses and giggles we laughed and talked till eventually Shelby fed up and threatened to send Pete to get us.

So begrudgingly we got ready to go.

"Hey hold on." Will said, stopping me by the door.

He disappeared quickly into his room, coming back out with something black in his hand.

"I don't want you freezing to death between here and anywhere in these 'oh so cold' Chicago streets." Will said, helping me into his leather jacket.

Snuggling into it, thankful he was so thin, I laughed. "You're different than most guys who would've used me being cold as an excuse to be my jacket."

Will hesitated for a moment. "On second thought..."

"No!!!!!" I exclaimed, pulling it closer. "Don't let me freeze on the way to the car!"

He took a step forward grinning.

"Since when do you need an excuse for it anyway?"

Something I said must've sunk in since he stopped. "You've got a point but on one condition."

"What?"

"You have to give me something in return."

I looked down at what I was wearing. "Shit, I've got nothing... I nothing I can freely give."

Will shrugged with a smirk, taking another step as an idea popped in my head.

"As much as you might want to undress me, I'll make it up to you during the show, how about that?"

"What are you going to do?" He asked.

It was my turn to smirk. "It's a secret."

"Oh I like secrets and I'll make sure you don't forget." He whispered, leaning closer.

"Speaking of forgetting, we're forgetting the mission at hand." I said, putting my hand on his chest to stop him. "Shelby isn't patient, nor are any of your other friends."

Will sighed. "Fine. Hurry your cute ass to the car before they send the men in black after us, I wouldn't put it past them."

~x~

"We're here!" Will yelled, practically bursting through the apartment door.

"It's about fucking time we were about to send the FBI after you!" Patrick yelled, not moving from his intense pinball game.

Will shot me an 'I told you so' look before I got tackled to the ground by two bodies.

"I'm not a welcome mat!" Was my muffled complaint.

"Did you hear something Natalie?" One of the voices asked.

"Nope, not a thing Travie." Replied the other.

As I recognized them I struggled under their weight. "Get off me so I can give you a proper hug!"

Quickly I embraced Natalie. "What are you doing here?"

She laughed. "Well I called Shelby to return her hoodie when she said don't bother and to head over here if I didn't have any plans."

I sent a quick glare toward Shelby before turning my attention to a pouting Travis McCoy.

"You didn't tell me you were in town!"

He chucked. "I was sworn to secrecy kid."

While I was working at AP, Gym Class Heroes were one of the bands I first interviewed.

To put it simply that was nearly two years ago and Travis was one of my best friends.

Weird right that I never met Will or any of the other FBR boys till now.

"Are you going to be at the show tonight?" I asked.

Travie nodded just as Patrick pulled him away.

Natalie replaced him as my conversation buddy.

"So I take it that blind date I set up didn't work out since you came here with William Beckett." She laughed eyeing him.

I scoffed. "Will saved me from that blind date."

"Was it that bad?" Nicole asked concerned.

"Between the groping and drunk invitation into his car yes, it was bad. Will kinda fought him and well its a long story I'll tell you cover to cover sometime."

"Okay well from what I hear you and that boy are practically attached at the hip. It's only been what? A couple days?" She asked.

I laughed. "You wouldn't understand it, I'm not sure if I understand it."

From out of nowhere Will appeared, pressing his hip to mine with a hand on my other. "I heard something about being attached at the hip?"

"Will," I said, turning to Natalie. "This is Natalie, the source behind us meeting."

"Ah..." He nodded. "Then I suppose I owe you quite a lot."

Natalie laughed with the grin I knew too well. "Well you can make it up to me by introducing me to him."

We both turned around to see her point at Patrick before walking over to Shelby.

"Wanna play matchmaker?" I asked Will.

Will nodded and began singing the matchmaker song from Mulan.

I'm so lucky...
♠ ♠ ♠
I need to update, it's distracts me.
To put it simply I don't do very well during the summer.
Last summer I didn't do well at all and I'm trying to prevent that now.
So yeah, just a moment ago I was heading down that path, then I got on here and read two gloriously new comments and I'm still smiling.
I'll be honest those things brighten my day more than a tall chai latte.
So can we make a deal?
I post diligently everyday and you keep commenting?
Oh and if you stumbled upon this on Quizilla, shhh, don't give it away!
*enter sorry excue for playfulness here*