So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 24

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed.

I had never pegged Will for the love em and leave em type, especially to his girlfriend.

With the sheet wrapped around me I fished around for my underwear from last night.

"Oh how one night stands make my day..." I growled sarcastically.

"You had a one night stand without telling me?" A familiar voice behind me asked.

I spun around so quickly I almost fell off the bed and lost the sheet.

"Holy shit, don't do that!"

Will laughed, walking over to me as I tried to replace myself comfortably on the bed without the sheet revealing too much.

He smiled softly at that, reaching over to help me pull it up more.

I couldn't help but stare at him, only wearing his boxers from the night before.

"Did you think I left you?" He asked, a concerned look in his eyes.

The blood rushed to my cheeks.

"Well what would you think if you woke up the morning after to an empty bed?"

A cocky smile appeared on his face.

"Maybe that my lover went to get breakfast." He replied, adding over dramatic emphasis to 'lover'.

My eyes went wide as I jumped from the bed, sheet safely secured around me.

"You have food?! Where is it?" I asked excitedly.

Laughing, he put his hands on my shoulders to try to calm me down.

"Still in the oven, I threw in the cinnamon roles I found in the fridge."

I sighed smirking as I leaned against Will. "I guess I can go waste time and take a shower while I wait; I reek of sex."

Will wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"You know, we could conserve water and get clean together..."

I was about to laugh it off and find a towel when I glanced over at the clock on my nightstand.

The numbers flashed six thirty; making me amazed I had woken up on my own so early.

It also made me remember something else.

"Will? When do you have to go?"

He followed my gaze toward he clock and sighed.

"I should probably go in an hour or so."

I had to resist the urge to throw my arms around Will and never let go.

Instead I grabbed him by the hand and pulled him into the bathroom off my room.

"Then we should probably make the most of that hour or so." I murmured, reaching for the water tap.

A small smile spread across Will's lips.

In a simple move he brought his hands to my cheeks, pressing his lips to mine.

My eyes fluttered closed as his hand crept up to mine holding the sheet up.

Needless to say it fell to my feet in a pool of cotton, followed momentarily by his boxers.

"You think were taking things to fast?" I asked, stepping under the showerhead.

Will smiled, water catching on his eyelashes.

"Maybe the world just takes things too slow."

~x~

"I think we burnt the cinnamon rolls..." Will muttered sadly.

I surveyed the lumps of brown and black dough.

Nodding pathetically I agreed.

"Breakfast never works out..." I sighed.

Taking a deep breath he exhaled and drew himself up.

"Maybe we should just ban breakfast or invest in cereal."

Laughing I felt something wet dripping on my neck.

Looking up, I met Will's chocolate brown eyes I could drown in, his wet hair leaving a damp puddle on my shoulder with my own.

I leaned back against him with a sigh.

"I like that cereal idea. Coco Puffs sound good?"

Will laughed, holding me as he swayed side to side slightly, his chin easily resting on the top of my head.

"Coco Puffs sound wonderful; I just don't think we'll get to them."

I frowned in confusion.

"Why?"

He moved to whisper in my ear.

"Because I don't think I can let you go."

I turned around to bury my face into my shirt he was wearing since his got soaked from the rain on the balcony last night.

If it was possible he held me tighter.

"I don't think I can let you go either."

With those few words I knew we were more than just dating.

This was a relationship... and I was in it for the long haul.

Oddly enough, that thought didn’t scare me, neither did the reality of us, that with Will away on tour half the time I'd have to do a long distance relationship.

But as I looked into his reassuring warm chocolate eyes none of that mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
I accidentally got stabbed in the scapula (go smart me; shoulder) with a pin... it really hurts.
I'm so fucking happy with the attention this story is getting, the comments too.
I'll probably end up posting two more times today knowing me.
But I haven't gotten any complaints so I might get bored and just post like ten chapters at 5 a.m.
I'm weird like that.