So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 25

"I love Invader Zim." Will murmured grinning.

I had to agree, it was one of the reasons I owned it and was watching it with him as we ate our cereal.

To anyone else it wouldn't seem romantic but with Will's arm tightly wrapped around my waist and my hand lingering on his leg said otherwise.

I was enjoying the last precious moments I had with Will when the phone rang.

I sighed, knowing what it'd be as Will answered his phone.

"Hey Tony... yeah... yeah... okay I am... yes I'm going... right now okay... bye."

As he hung up Will slid his head into my lap, looking up at me with his gorgeous brown eyes.

I tried to imprint his gaze into my mind as he shoved his phone into his jeans.

"I guess you know what that was about."

I nodded, wishing we could have just a few more minutes.

Will slowly pulled himself up off the couch, helping me up with him.

Without warning he pulled me into a tight hug.

"It's okay Will, tour's supposed to be positive and I acted like you were going to war."

I don't know where I got my positive epiphany.

He looked at me curiously so I continued.

"It'll only be for a few months and I'll get to see you in between, we'll live."

He nodded, a small smile on his face with a hint of sadness.

"I'll call you when we get to New York." Will promised, stepping backward toward the door, still holding my hands tightly.

"Okay, just don't let Pete whore you out to his legions of fangirls."

Will's face turned to panic.

"You don't think he'd actually do that do you?"

I shrugged in all seriousness, before continuing the joke.

Will furrowed his eyebrows as I broke into a grin.

"If he does there won't be any Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz IV, I can promise you that."

He laughed, pulling me into the closest hug I'd ever had, burying his face into my neck and taking a deep breath.

"What are you doing?" I asked, giggling slightly.

"Trying to remember how you smell." Will murmured only holding me tighter.

With a small smile I pulled away from him slightly to press my lips passionately against his.

He hungrily kissed back, knotting his fingers into my hair.

It was one of the hardest things for me to do, pulling away.

Will's brown eyes filled with hurt and confusion.

"Will... you're supposed to be leaving, remember?" I reminded softly.

He nodded, picking me up in a tight hug.

I never wanted to be one of those clingy girlfriends but as he held me I wished he'd never let go.

In the end though he did.

I was left in my even emptier apartment with a wet spot on both my cheeks, forehead, and lips from where he'd said goodbye.

Along with that I was short one shirt, letting him take the one I had worn last night with him.

I sat on the couch for a while staring into space.

I had never been one of those people who moped at home but with Will gone I couldn't really find anything to do.

That whole dull mentality drove me insane in a matter of minutes and I was soon furiously scrolling down my address book on my cell phone.

"Hey, Natalie? Yeah I really need to get out of the house."

She laughed on the other end. "Did you finally get sick of Will?"

I tried to laugh. "No, he just left for tour and I need human contact. Shelby and you disappeared last night and I need love."

"Okay, how about we go shopping? If that doesn't cheer you up nothing will." Her voice had that 'aw' feel to it, attempting to cheer me up.

"Thank god a good idea! You call Shelby, I'll call Jamie, and we'll go broke proving money can buy happiness."

Natalie and I quickly hung up.

Soon after I had called Jamie.

"Hey, how did you take the short notice tour news?" She asked sympathetically.

"It could've been worse but we made the best of the situation." I answered, smiling at how we did that.

She must have been psychic or something because there was a quick gasp followed by a shrill.

"Oh my god, you and Will did it didn't you?!"

I quickly shushed her. "Not so loud, I don't want Mike to hear!"

She laughed. "He already left and trust me, he probably already knows."

"What?!" I breathed.

"They're guy's Lil... and band mates... and best friends. Either way you spin it he'll know. But don't worry, they won't think anything of it. Fuck, maybe they'll love you more because you did, maybe he won't be as uptight and drunk as normal on tour and-"

"You're ranting Jamie." Was my monotone cut-off.

She laughed nervously. "I'm sorry Lilly. If it makes up for it since he met you I haven't seen him with a single beer or anything, and he's always smiling."

Jamie did kind of make up for the last comment, continuing.

"I'm not sure if you know about Will's drinking last Warped tour and when they were working on the CD. I know it's not my place but one of my friend's died of alcohol poisoning and seeing Will not wanting to drink much now it gives me hope that his liver has a chance."

Biting my lip I replied. "Thanks Jamie, that does mean a lot to me. Onto a lighter subject before I get completely side tracked in this phone call, I was wondering if you want to go to the mall with Natalie, Shelby, and me."

"I'd love to! I can't stand being home after Mike leaves for tour."

I laughed. "It's good to know the feeling's mutual. So that's a yes?"

"Hell yes!" She exclaimed over the phone.

"Okay well I'll see you in a few!"

Hanging up I breathed a sigh of relief.

Maybe this will work.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's nothing in the world like the taste of Ben & Jerry's Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream.
I'm bored... I've got nothing to really say here...
Hope you like this part, I'll probably post later too.
Ice Cream makes me super happy.