So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 26

"The world should bow down to our awesomeness, we have cupcakes!" Shelby laughed evilly, clutching her box of devils chocolate cakes.

Jamie, Natalie, and I each laughed with her, holding our own boxes of yummy baked goodness.

I should probably explain a time warp of sorts.

It's been roughly a week since the boys left for tour.

Jamie and I had been filling the empty time between hanging together.

I really began to wonder how she held it together on the previous tours without any other girlfriends.

Since becoming a girlfriend to a rockstar you learn how much more it means to have someone else there who knows what you're going through.

We found ourselves wandering downtown this Saturday, deciding to explore the shops we passed for years, never going in till today.

After leaving the cupcake shop, now on our list of most badass places ever, we decided to check out the old retro record store next door.

We quickly lost Natalie to the R&B section of the store as soon as she laid eyes on it.

"Somehow I knew that was going to happen." I muttered, heading toward classic rock.

I had my fingers crossed, hoping to find the first The Clash album when I let out a gasp at something else.

"Oh sweet Jesus!" I breathed, holding up my glorious find.

Jamie walked up behind me, wondering what had made me speechless.

"Led Zeppelin vinyl?!" She gasped, touching it to see if it was real. "Any chance there are more?"

I shrugged, not taking my eyes off it.

Furiously she dug into the stacks where it came from as I stumbled to the register.

While paying for my new precious vinyl I felt a vibrating in my pocket.

"Hello?" I asked, balancing the phone between my ear and shoulder as I paid.

"Guess who?" Lilted a voice I knew very well.

"Uh... Santa?"

Will chuckled on the other end; I could practically hear his grin.

"Sorry sweetie, no presents."

I sighed.

"Aw, and I was gonna share mine with you." I pouted.

"What did you get?" He asked.

I took the vinyl in my hand, shrugging.

"Oh you know, just some vinyl, Led Zeppelin, thought it'd sound good."

There was silence on the end after a distinct bang.

For a moment I wondered if one of the fans had tackled him when there was a slight gasping on the other end.

"I-, I will love you forever if you let me borrow that when I get back."

Laughing I complied.

"If it gets you home faster I'll let you have it."

As the words left my lips I regretted it.

That was pretty the musical equivalent to 'I love you'.

I hesitated; awaiting his answer as I practically chewed my nails down to the bone.

"Lilly I... I'll give you my Pink Floyd signed copy in return."

My heart sped up with a silly smile appearing on my face at his words.

I'd known him long enough to know that was bigger than Led Zeppelin.

Way bigger.

"So where are you right now?" I asked, sliding down against the wall between Metal and New Age.

He hummed in thought. "Somewhere in Australia; I zoned out during the meeting before I fell asleep. I'll ask Chislett when he wakes up."

Nodding I replied.

"Ask the Aussie right?"

Will laughed, making my stomach do that weird flip flop thing.

"Yeah, so where are you?"

Biting back a yawn I replied. "I'm in some awesome record store in case you didn't figure it out. When you get back I'll take you here, you'd love it."

He sighed.

"I can't wait to get back. I love touring, I really do, but I miss you..."

"I miss you too Will." I murmured, practically sinking into the receiver.

He was about to say more when a squeal interrupted him.

I easily recognized it as Natalie's, going to enough shows with her to know it in a crowd at Hannah Montana.

"What was that?" Will asked nervously.

"Natalie, she probably found a record she loves."

Getting up from my spot on the floor I looked around for her.

My eyes finally landed on her figure at the end of the store, embracing something.

Still on the phone I curiously walked over to her.

As I got closer I realized it wasn't something but someone.

"Natalie?"

She spun around quickly, grinning like a kid on Christmas.

I also managed to see who she was hugging.

"Patrick?"

From behind me, Shelby and Jamie also saw.

"Patrick?"

And then of course there was Will, still on the other line.

"What about Patrick?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Headache.
And it looks like I'll have to kidnap one of my parents and tie them down to a chair with my band tee's to get them to buy me a Warped Tour ticket.
Seriously this is worse then when I wanted to dye my hair for the first time.
Oh well it's only one a.m. I'll prolly update later too.