So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 27

I had to explain briefly to Will what was going on.

"I didn't know you were in town." Natalie said, reluctantly pulling away from Patrick.

While Patrick explained he was trying to produce a new band in town, I put Will on speakerphone.

"What about you?" He asked, more toward Natalie than Shelby, Jamie, or I.

"We were just bored and decided to explore the city."

Patrick furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait, four girls just decided to wander Chicago alone? Are you sure that's a good idea?"

I couldn't help but feel insulted at this shot at my feminism.

"Patrick I have a black belt." Jamie commented stoically.

Natalie added to it. "I've got pepper spray."

Shelby followed. "I took boxing for ten years."

Patrick's face went through shock at what we were all packing.

He turned his attention to me.

"What about you?"

I shrugged.

"I've got a switchblade in my bra."

A worried look crossed his features as he backed up a bit.

Will's infectious laughter echoed out of the phone.

"You learned that from Pete didn't you?" He chuckled.

"Yeah." I replied to Will with a giggle.

As our laughter died down I suddenly became aware of everyone looking around oddly.

"I hear Will but I don't see Will." Patrick murmured looking very confused.

Before I could explain, they finally noticed my cell phone; a look of realization hitting them like an eighteen wheeler.

"I feel stupid." Natalie laughed.

Patrick wrapped comforting arm around her shoulder.

"The feeling is mutual."

Muttering under my breath, "That's not the only mutual feeling."

Once again Will laughed, being the only person to hear me.

"Hey have you had lunch yet?" Natalie asked him.

I could almost see the blush on his cheeks as he answered no.

"Do you want to go get something to eat then? There's a restaurant up the street we could go to."

"I'd like that." He replied.

The lovesick smile on his face made me wonder if it was the same as the one Ryan mentioned Will had.

Just that thought reminded me he was still on the phone, as well as giving me a plan.

"Well you guys have fun without me; I need to discuss some boyfriend/girlfriend related things with Will."

I put my hand over the receiver to block out Will's confusion, nudging Jamie and Shelby while doing so.

"Uh, I can't go I have to go grocery shopping; Lilly's been too lazy to restock our fridge." Shelby explained.

Jamie cut me off from a witty comeback. "Yeah me too, Mike's sister is coming into town and I need to make dinner."

Our excuses barely fazed Patrick and Natalie, both sneaking glances at each other when they thought we weren't looking.

"That's too bad, we'll miss you." Natalie muttered distantly.

Rolling our eyes, Jamie, Shelby, and I said our goodbyes.

I returned my attention to my phone, taking it off speakerphone now that its purpose had been served.

"Hey Shelby I'll meet you back at the apartment."

That was all that left my mouth to her and Jamie, pressing the phone back to my ear.

"Okay, the set up has begun."

Will laughed. "You're so bad it's adorable."

"And you love me for it." I lilted, reaching my car.

He chuckled lightly, sounding a bit nervous.

"Will are you alright?"

There was a thick silence on the other end, making me wish even more I was with him.

It sounded like I had woken him from his thoughts as he replied.

"Yeah... I'm fine I just miss you so much."

Hearing things like that from him was what gave me that feeling deep down that made this all worth it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter sucks.
As it turns out I didn't have this saved on my computer so I guess Quizilla has it's few upsides.
And yeah... I'm gonna update after this cause I feel like I need to make up for this chapter.
Also because of the one girl that commented me with enoughaddiction dedication to try and search Quizilla to find this story.
I'm updating as much as I can!!!!