So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 28

I began to believe things got easier with time.

True I missed Will but he kept to his promise and called everyday, even if it was for a few minutes and we were both half asleep.

Hearing his voice scratch slightly over the line and being able to hear the ocean faintly in the background didn't make my heart beat any less than usual.

When he didn't have time to say much I'd get a random picture sent to me via phone, making me smile all day and sneak glances at it during the morning meetings.

Will had been gone about five weeks now and things were going on like normal.

They were actually pretty dull to be honest; the only new thing was I caught that virus going around the office.

I had driven Shelby so insane with my complaining that she was ready to attack AP headquarters with hand sanitizer and Lysol.

After throwing up whatever I had downed last night I opted to stay home.

"Now drink plenty of liquids, don't forget to take those calcium pills on the counter, and no getting on the computer for work, you're staying in bed today." Shelby warned, being the mother I had five hundred miles away or so.

I rolled my eyes, muttering an agreement of sorts while my mind wandered to the three articles I had waiting for me on my lap top.

She eyed me suspiciously as she left for her job in the corporate world.

The moment the door clicked shut I dragged myself off my bed to my desk.

My current article was an interview with Boys Like Girls and while I may not have liked the band I had to be professional and keep an open mind while writing.

My tape recorder outputted the interview, their voices filling my room.

The steady tapping of my fingers against the keys was better medicine than any immunity booster Shelby had stashed in her cabinet.

I was literally seconds away from finishing the first draft, which would've lead to the final draft, leading to Leslie not wanting to fire me, when the front door busted open.

"We have nothing of value and I've got a shotgun!" I yelled, pushing away from the desk.

Yelling back a very familiar voice replied. "If you're supposed to be in bed where'd you get the shotgun huh?"

A smile cracked itself onto my face.

"Breaking and entering is a felony Jamie."

She laughed, appearing in my doorway. "That's nothing compared to how Shelby would react if I told her you were on the computer."

I rolled my eyes, getting up and heading toward the bed.

That plan backfired as I quickly ran to the bathroom, emptying my already empty stomach.

"Whoa Tiger Lilly, Shelby told me you were sick but this is the what number of time you've thrown up?"

I shifted my eyes back and forth. "Um... this morning... or the past few days?"

She let out a low whistle.

"Wow you got it bad don't you?"

I nodded pathetically, lowering myself gently onto the bed.

"It's worse than that, I've got bad PMS. My boobs are so sore, it's like they're getting revenge for the lateness of that hell time of the month."

Jamie rose an eyebrow as she pulled the covers over me.

"That sounds pretty intense... awkward as this sounds, how long has it been since... you know?"

My heart beat slowed as my thoughts began to wander to what she was talking about.

"You don't think...?"

The look on her face was serious enough to answer my question.

Whatever heart beat I had left slowed to a near stop, plummeting down into my stomach.

My hands became shaky and clammy while my throat went dry.

"Did you use protection?" She asked, sitting down next to me.

Biting my lip I remembered back to the pure spontaneity of that night, our emotions outweighing common sense.

I let out a frustrated growl, burying my head under the covers.

"I'm such an idiot! Fuck, Sex Ed was wasted on me..."

Jamie laughed tiredly, pulling the covers back and putting an arm around me.

"It'll be alright sweetie; you've got lots of friends that are here for you no matter what."

I sighed, my mind wandering to Will as my eyes caught my screensaver and the picture of me and him on it.

Jamie followed my gaze.

"You're gonna have to tell him. Not right now, not today, hell not even next week, but you're going to have to tell him."

I nodded tiredly, resting my head on her shoulder.

"I can't believe I'm pregnant." I murmured tiredly.

Jamie tugged a strand of my hair lightly.

"May be pregnant. Nothing's confirmed."
♠ ♠ ♠
Drama!
It's killing me because I want to post the next part for you people but I feel like I'm breaking the writers code by posting without threatening to not post for selfish reasons.
I mean, what would the other writers think?
And maybe I should keep the suspense...
ARGH I don't know!!!!
Wait till five a.m... I'll probably crack by then.