So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 35

"How dare he?!" Shelby growled, slamming the cabinet.

"How can you be pregnant?" Natalie exclaimed in equal fury.

Shelby sighed shakily. "What's so hard to understand about her and Will having unprotected sex and that bastard walking out on her? Though sending his friends to do his dirty work is a new low."

With Shelby's angry bitterness a whole other conversation started between her and the boys.

"God Lilly I never thought you'd end up as a statistic." Natalie muttered.

"What does that douche want?" Shelby asked behind Nicole's words.

"I can't believe you're ruining your life for one night of happiness."

Sisky fumbled an explanation for why Will sent them but I didn't understand it.

Natalie was too busy telling me how much I had screwed up my life.

"What were you thinking? I take that back, you couldn't have been thinking or else you wouldn't have gotten knocked up!" Natalie fumed.

"Will has a right to know about his kid!" Sisky exclaimed, his voice getting louder.

"Oh please he lost that right the moment he walked out that door!" Shelby shot back.

I sighed, all the angry voices talking about me as if I wasn't there, causing the tears to fill my eyes.

Natalie continued louder than the others. "You're going to be a single mother! How are you going to pay for this? How are you going to juggle your career on top of that? Have you even thought about this?!"

Somehow I had ended up cornered by everyone's voices, my hand instinctively going toward my stomach.

Their words began sounding less and less like my friends and more and more like the worried voices in my head that were the other dimension to my pregnancy.

Everything swirled into anger and yelling, twisting me with it.

"Lilly are you okay?"

The Butcher appeared beside me, concern in his eyes.

"I'm... I'm... I'm terrible." I whispered, having no energy to fake emotions.

He nodded. "Want to go somewhere?"

I looked over at Shelby and Sisky yelling.

I looked over at Natalie yelling, too caught up in her rant to notice us.

"Anywhere but here."

The Butcher put his arm around my shoulder and directed me toward the door, remembering to grab my jacket for me.

I didn't pay attention to anything but my moving feet and the voices fading away.

How long we walked I couldn't say.

How far we went I didn't know.

The Butcher had to shake me gently from my thoughts as I found we had stopped.

"59 Diner?"

He laughed. "I don't mess with the classics."

The way he smiled reassured me enough for a small smile to slip.

"Let's get some food, no offense but I'm starved!" He exclaimed with a grin.

I couldn't help but admire his unwavering optimism.

We were directed shortly after to a booth, menu's placed in front of us.

As I ordered some chicken strips, fries, buffalo wings, and a baked potato, The Butcher stared in awe.

"Is this that pregnancy craving thing I've heard about?" He asked amusedly.

I shrugged. "I dunno, I just felt hungry."

He laughed and ordered his own food as my lips fell over the coke in front of me.

"So how are you feeling?" The Butcher asked casually.

"I'm not sure... physically I'm worn down but mentally after all this shit I just don't know... crappy I guess."

He nodded sympathetically. "It's gotta be tough doing this on your own while working."

I gave a half hearted sigh with my reply. "Well I've got Travis, Shelby, and Jamie on my side but it does feel like I'm doing this alone because at the end of the day I'm the one whose life is changing forever."

As I said that the realization came true that I was alone in this, and despite how angry I was with Will... I needed him.

The Butcher noticed. "You miss him. I can see it in your eyes."

Fighting back the tears I managed a nod. "He promised he wouldn't leave me..."

The Butcher was silent after I said that, making me change course.

"I'm sorry, I'm sure this is pretty damn awkward for you." I muttered, watching him play with his phone.

"It is... but I'd rather hear both sides of the story." He replied.

Hearing him say 'both sides' caught my attention.

"I should probably try to be understanding that Will has a story as well but right now I'm just too pissed at him." I murmured in reply, my grasp tightening around my condensating glass.

"I understand but you should try to listen to him sometime; maybe not now, or tomorrow, but soon. It might really help you."

I looked over at The Butcher a bit surprised at his answer.

He blushed seeing my reaction. "Sorry, I'm trying to be the neutral party. I don't mean to make you feel bad but this whole situation has everyone choosing a side."

I nodded pathetically. "It's such a mess... "

The food arrived shortly afterward.

Upon seeing all that food I regretted it.

"I think I lost my appetite with our conversation..." I murmured miserably looking at all the food.

The Butcher laughed, staring in amusement at the steaming food.

"We'll get a to go box. If I learned nothing from my sister getting pregnant it's that extra food in the fridge doesn't last long."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love all the comments I'm getting from everyone.
Even if you're all pissed at 'cyber Willim'.
I actually feel like I should defend him but he'll be doing that himself in a few chapters.