So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 38

After a day of being in Las Vegas, a few unexpected things happened.

One was Panic! At The Disco showing up and taking a break from recording.

Ryan had convinced Shelby to come and be his date, so it was nice having another friend with me.

The other not so happy surprise was hearing from Pete that Will might be coming.

When I heard that my stomach dropped considerably.

Everything the trip had going for me went down the drain.

"We've got your back Lilly." Shelby assured me.

I tried not to show much of what was going on inside out.

For the thousandth time I hid my inside feelings for the sake of my friends.

If I had one goal today it was being 100% there and happy for Travis and the rest of the boys today.

Even if it meant wanting to cry and curl up into a ball all day.

Okay it may have been the hormones a little; I suppose it was something I should get used to.

Despite my hormones I set out on a shopping trip with Shelby so we could look 'banging' as she said.

We went through dress store after dress store for a few hours till we hit the mother load.

"Hey Lilly, do you think this dress would make Ryan want to do rated R things with me?" Shelby asked, posing in the mirror.

"If not triple X; just remember you're gonna have to party in that." I reminded her.

She sighed. "Jeez you already sound like a mom."

I rolled my eyes at her. "Yeah a totally awesome mom giving advice about partying. I wish my mom had done that."

"But that's what I'm here for." She nodded, grinning as she took my hand. "Now it's your turn to make everyone's jaws drop."

"But I'm already getting fat!" I whined.

She merely smiled. "Sweetheart, the fashion industry does have dresses that'll make the most knocked up chicks drop dead sexy."

Creepy.

At the same time, looking down at my baggy jeans and hoodie I stole from Travis, sexy would be a nice change; at least before I start to change more.

"Alright, hit me with your best shot."

In a laugh I was almost afraid of, Shelby disappeared into the racks of clothing.

She appeared a few minutes later with fabrics overflowing in her arms.

"Lilly get in the dressing room." She commanded, somehow shoving me in there with the clothes without the use of her hands.

I caught sight of the first dress.

"Shelby how could you even think of getting me a white dress? Are you insane?"

Oh yeah, hormones apparently even stretch to a new hatred for certain colors.

Like white.

"Oh right, I forgot that's for me." She laughed nervously.

Rolling my eyes I continued onto the dresses.

Fifteen minutes later I had gone through the majority of them before I landed on the dress.

It was something of an almost shapeless dress that was loose enough to cover my small bump.

And thank god for Shelby who had found it and a decent length so my ass was hanging out.

The color was flattering and I didn't get that feeling I'd pull a Tara Reid and my boobs would fall out.

Not to mention it was covered in silver and black sequins, making it especially striped and shiny.

"Shelby... have I ever told you how much I love you?"

She laughed. "Is that the hormones talking?"

I shook my head even though she couldn't see. "It's the dress talking."

"Well come out here then!"

Obeying her exclamations I pushed the dressing room door open, revealing me in all my shiny glory.

"Holy shit Lil, if I didn't know you were pregnant I'd swear you were some skinny beautiful bitch I'd have to hate."

I rolled my eyes. "Then I guess you shouldn't look in the mirror."

She rolled her eyes and fussed over me for a bit longer.

"Can I go take it off and buy it now?" I whined, thankful as she answered me by shoving me back toward the tiny room.

A few minutes later we were leaving the store with our purchases in hand and heading back toward the Palm's.

It was already getting crowded and set up by the time we reached the safety of our room.

Our room had been dubbed the hangover suite since it had been someone's bright idea to designate some oasis of calm in the desert of partying and drinks.

It was my salvation.

As we got inside and Shelby claimed the shower I boredly wandered into Travie's room, ready to assure him I wasn't going to wear sweatpants tonight.

"Hey Travie me and Shelb's got clothes. Apparently I'll look date rape-able and..." I trailed off as the door clicked behind me.

Travis was sitting on the bed staring at me quite soberly before looking over at the bar.

I followed his gaze to see a tall lanky figure leaning against it and, upon hearing my voice, begin to turn.

Will barely managed to catch the first syllable of my name on his lips before I slammed the door behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just when I thought I'd stop I get onto Friend Or Enemies and see this picture.
I can't find enough adjectives to describe it.
I think I'm gonna cry...

Image