So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 40

In a matter of seconds I had pieced together a vague and somewhat poor plan to get to Will.

It wasn't too hard to figure out I needed to get away from Brendon, Shelby, and Ryan, find Will, and find somewhere we could talk alone.

From nearby Cobra Starship was blasting music through the speakers while on the opposite side of the room outside half naked girls were wading through the pool over the ledge in the darkness of the now night.

With Gabe's voice as the background music this could only be called Sin City.

"Wanna go get a spot next to the stage?" Brendon asked over the sound.

I bit my lip for a moment. "Um, how about we get drinks?"

He nodded with a small smile and attempted to lead me through the crowd.

We wove through people and, while Brendon tried to take the easier route, I intentionally got caught in the masses.

Like I had hoped Brendon's grasp on my hand got disconnected and the moment that happened I immediately went in the opposite direction.

For all I know he was screaming my name over everyone but the only thing on my mind was finding Will.

Yes karma was a bitch.

When I had the chance to talk to him I flipped out but when I was ready... I get to deal with drunken loud idiots just to find one drunken, probably loud, idiot.

Will.

As that thought went through my mind I caught a flash of brown and a dizzy smile out of the corner of my eye.

"Will?" I yelled. "Will!"

For a moment he turned at my voice, recognizing it.

I knew it wasn't the alcohol or seeing a hot chick that made him hurry away; it was me.

"Wait!"

There was a good amount of people that got shoved out of my way in my attempt to catch up with Will but in my state of mind it didn't mean a damn thing.

I followed his fleeting figure out of the hotel room and through the packed hallway to a quieter hotel room next door.

The sound next door was muffled in there as I saw one of the doors slam shut; I could only assume it was Will.

Stealth wasn't necessary but I used it anyway as I pushed the door open.

It had been maybe five or six hours since Shelby shoved Will away and by the look of him I could easily assume he'd spent it consuming every bit of alcohol he could find.

"Will don't tell me you've been drinking." I sighed, taking a step closer.

He attempted to open his eyes in the brightly lit bathroom but gave up and leaned on the toilet on his left as he crammed himself between it and the bath tub.

"What do you care?" He slurred quietly.

Tiredly I shut the door behind me, locking it as I slid my heels off and got down to Will's level.

"You shouldn't be drinking so much, don't you remember what happened to you before on Warped?"

Will managed to open his eyes, glaring at me slightly.

"You don't know what you're talking about."

I smoothed my dress out on the ground, answering. "Every time things get tough you go to alcohol instead of trying to work it out."

"I did try." Will murmured.

The choice bit of angry words I had in my arsenal disappeared from my mind.

"I even wrote some of it down on the plane ride." He continued, pulling out a scrap of paper from his pocket.

It was a small square, crinkled and damp with smudges and cross outs everywhere.

From what I could read he got scared, freaked out, and when he tried to fix it with Sisky and The Butcher that only made things worse.

The lyricist in Will was obviously defective as every word I read was plain and simple.

He was a twenty-two year old faced with the scariest thing a rock star could face aside from indulgences.

All he really was, was a kid with a mic who was scared.

"Will... I... I don't know what to say. I knew we needed to talk but now that you're here..."

Quietly I finished my sentence. "I can't find it in my heart to yell and scream."

Will propped himself up. "Yeah well a lot of good that'll do. We're going to be parents... what the hell are we going to do?"

My heart fluttered a bit.

"You said we..."

Will grinned foolishly. "Will you let me be a dad?"

Just by how he said 'dad' made me melt.

I scooted closer to Will. "Honestly... I have no idea how I can do this without you."

Will leaned toward me, obviously going for a kiss when he quickly pulled away and shoved his head in the toilet.

As Will emptied the contents of his stomach into the porcelain bowl I reached over and pulled his hair gently away.

"Promise me you'll do something about the drinking. It scares me and, I hate to pull this card, but if you're going to do this father thing, avoiding things that could harm the kid is kind of necessary."

Will pulled his head out of the toilet to give me a teary eyed nod before returning to his previous task.

Despite the sounds of partying and Will vomiting, things looked good for the first time in what felt like forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've been awake for 22 hours, my mind really isn't functioning well.
I was gonna go to sleep but I saw I had a few new comments.
So I dragged my zombiefied self onto the computer and bam, an update.
Now I'm gonna go dream of Will and Ben Barnes doing things I can't mention on a PG--13 story (not together though).
That reminds me... I had a Narnia dream yesterday...
My dreams are getting weirder.