So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 41

Gym Class Heroes and Fall Out Boy proudly took home the best awards of the night.

While everyone partied and celebrated into the night, I stayed with Will.

After he had emptied the contents of his stomach I managed to half carry half drag him back to my room.

It was at least comforting knowing the greater half of the partiers and my friends were probably going to end up passed out on the stage or in a nearby room.

That was what I told myself to not feel guilty for locking the door behind us.

Nothing happened between us being that he passed out a minute after I laid him down on the bed.

After that happened I headed to Shelby's bag and grabbed one of the many Advil containers she had brought, taking the Boy Scout motto of always be prepared to heart.

Once I had changed out of my dress into some comfier clothes I took a breath before going on with the scenario I didn't think I'd be dealing with in a million years.

I set that and a bottle of water on the table next to Will before taking the empty spot on the bed next to him and falling asleep.

~x~

I got woken up with the sudden urge to stick my head in the toilet and puke my guts up like most people in the hotel were doing.

My difference was I was pregnant.

And I hadn't been drinking.

When my unborn brat decided it was done tormenting mommy I returned back to bed where its dad was just beginning to stir.

Even hung over he looked adorable, strands of hair falling over his face and sticking either way.

Things almost were too good to be true.

Generally when you get that feeling it's probably true, I just didn't want to admit to it and find the flaw.

I moved to brush the hair away from his eyes when they slowly fluttered open, revealing Will in all his bloodshot glory.

"Let me guess, your head is killing you?" I murmured, giggling.

Will's eyebrows furrowed together as he slowly nodded.

Without saying anything I pointed over to the table next to him and the pills lying there.

I'd never seen someone move faster toward them and swallow like Will did.

As he eased himself back into the pillows I noticed his gaze wander toward my stomach, the shirt I threw on the night before having risen slightly, exposing it.

Slowly Will reached out and rested his fingertips lightly where my stomach was just starting to show.

In a small voice he whispered, still not moving his hand or his eyes. "What did I do last night to wake up with you next to me?"

The blood drained from my face.

"You don't remember anything? Anything at all?" I asked, almost pleaded.

Will scrunched his face up trying to think but after a moment shook his head sadly.

I sighed and pulled away from Will, sliding off the bed.

He not remembering what he said didn't mean the words never fell from his lips, it did mean what I said didn't mean a damn thing and nothing had changed.

While I changed into clothes more suitable I grabbed the note Will had given me from the suitcase and threw it at him as I grabbed my cell phone and threw my shoes and hoodie on.

"If you remember anything call me." I muttered, slamming the door behind me to make his head and possibly others heads hurt like I did.

I passed a great deal of bodies in the hallway, stepping over the unconscious and half awake ones to get to the elevators.

A part of me was glad Shelby didn't see me and Will in bed (not doing anything) but the other part of me wanted her to be my anger and frustration that for whatever reason I couldn't tap into.

Pregnancy was already wrecking havoc on my emotions that fueled my actions, barely even getting started on my body.

I really wasn't ready for this; I was nowhere near strong enough.

I figured a nice big breakfast might help me think better, seeing as I hadn't eaten much in the past forty-eight hours and whatever had been there I had thrown up.

I made my way through the empty lobby to the restaurant just off it, intent on finding something to fill the emptiness inside me, whether it was my stomach or my heart.

The waiter I gave my order to seemed surprised to see someone up so early but quickly scurried off to get my food.

While I waited, nervously doodling on my napkin, my phone began to ring.

My heart gave a lurch, wanting, hoping, for it to be Will but the caller i.d. said otherwise.

"Hello?"

"Lilly?" A voice asked in the same tone I did.

"Yeah that's me, whose calling?"

There was a sigh on the other line. "It's Matt."

My heart now sped up, the voice on the other end of the phone belonging to my own flesh and blood, one of my brothers I hadn't talked to in so long.

"I was calling to... uh... see if you wanted to maybe come visit? I know mom and dad and Jake would love to see you, me too of course."

I couldn't help but notice how he left out my sister.

"Is there any reason why? I can't help but be suspicious of you calling me up after not talking to me for four years."

Matthew chuckled a little. "Yeah well Christine, you remember my wife; we had a baby girl I was hoping it'd be a good excuse to invite you where you might actually agree."

He had a point; since I left they had invited me to Christmas three times and I had turned them down, the wounds from leaving still hadn't healed.

This time however, with me being pregnant, it might be a good opportunity to learn from my sister in law, establish some family bonds for my kid, and tell my family about being pregnant, even though they'd be pissed the father was not in the picture.

"When do you want me to come?"

Though I couldn't see him, I knew Matt was grinning.

"As soon as you can get off work, which I assume is going good."

I smiled, something I didn't think I'd be doing since I left Will in the room. "It's going great and I'm actually off work right now, I'm at the VMA's. I can probably get a flight out there today actually. Would that be alright?"

Matt chuckled. "That'd be perfect. Make the arrangements and I'll do whatever you need me to do."

I agreed and added before I hung up. "And by the way I've got a surprise of my own when I see you."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love all of you so much!!!!!!
I was on the phone with my friend when I got on and I think I may have made her go deaf with my reaction.
Seriously I'm gone for a couple hours and you somehow manage to outdo yourselves in awesomeness and love (feedback too).
I don't know how you do it.
Oh and in order to see TAI on SURS from Bamboozle (I haven't seen it and my BFF recorded it) I must say my BFF Emily wants to gloat that she's read the entire story.
She wants me to be mean with the ending too but I just can't do that to you awesome people.
I'll say more in the next update, maybe by then my hands will have stopped shaking.
Stupid adrenaline/sleep deprivation.
(And please don't try to kill me because of this chapter).