So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 43

We wasted about half an hour just shopping, though our original purpose for bribes went out the window as soon as we passed a sign saying 50% off.

The teenage minimum wage salesgirls were ready to strangle us with the leggings we were fighting over when Ryan called and gave Shelby the okay to bring us back.

It took a few minutes for us to get all of my things together, more of a group effort if anything.

By the time we finished it was decided wed take a cab there since pregnant chicks shouldn't drive and everyone was either still a little high or hung over from the night before.

Me, Shelby, Ryan, Travis, and Pete barely managed to squeeze in, though why Pete was there was still a mystery to me.

Before we left I made sure to say my goodbyes to the rest of Gym Class Heroes, Fall Out Boy, and Cobra Starship.

The only people left for me to say longer goodbyes to were Gabe, Vicky T, and Brendon.

"I'm really sorry we didn't get to hang out more and I lost you last night. Next time you're in Chicago we'll make up for it." I told Brendon, handing him my number.

A part of me was a little worried it seemed like I was leading him on but the other half was assuring me it was the friendly thing to do.

He nodded. "Ryan and Shelby don't look like they're leaving each other soon, I'm sure I can catch a plane ride with him next time he goes to see her. While they're doing dirty things well go bowling or something."

I laughed. "Dirty things like Pete or like you do on stage?"

He shrugged, hugging me. "A mix of both."

After I hugged Brendon, Victoria immediately engulfed me in a hug.

"You're one kickass chick; I'm glad we finally met since Gabe was too possessive to introduce us before."

I laughed and hugged her back.

"You know the same thing goes for you. We definitely have to go shopping again, you've got great style."

Victoria grinned and flipped her hair. "It's practice darling, practice. And hey whenever you want to look sexy pregnant again or go shopping for baby things just call me."

I nodded and, hugging her again, turned to Gabe.

"Keep your nose clean babe, I know I'll see you again soon so don't bother telling me we'll make plans." Gabe laughed.

I grinned and hugged him.

"You're weird Gabe, stay that way. We'll see each other again for sure."

He kissed my forehead before shoving me into the car with everyone else.

The car ride there was fairly uneventful with Shelby babying a hung over Ryan, and Pete doing the same for Travis.

I still couldn't quite get over the fact I was going to see Matt and Jake today, the first time in years.

They could be a great distraction from Will as terrible as that sounded, but mostly I missed family.

My friends were the closest substitutes for family, and they were absolutely wonderful to the point that words couldn't describe, but those relationships weren't the same thing as my own real flesh and blood.

My daydreams and thoughts about seeing my family again made the ride to the airport go much faster.

Before I knew it we were pulling up and Pete's hangover was gone.

"I don't want you to go!" Pete whined, not letting go of me as I attempted to go toward boarding.

"Pete I'll see you when I get back." I chuckled, trying to pry him off me.

With a little help from Ryan, I got Pete off and had to hurry my goodbyes as the departure time drew closer.

"I'll be gone for maybe a few days; I called Leslie to get a little more time off just in case." I explained.

Travis hugged me closely. "Don't worry about a thing here, just enjoy your family okay kid?"

The way Travis said that, either the tone in his voice or the look on his face made me think he was hiding something.

I nodded and held him just as tightly as he turned me over to Ryan.

"Take care of my Shelb's for me Ryan, I'm trusting you." I chided him as he pulled me into a hug.

"I promise I will Lilly, you just have fun seeing your family." He replied, kissing my cheek.

Not a split second after Pete had reaffixed me into his grip.

"Alright Lilly, I'll let you go, but you have to promise me you'll come see my band play Madison Square Gardens. I know it's in New York but I don't care; I'll bribe your boss with an exclusive or something."

I sighed and nodded as Ryan dragged Pete away much like Misty did to Brock, muttering, "You managed to turn a sweet goodbye into an advertisement for your gig."

Shelby stepped up last, watching her boyfriend move away before turning to me.

"Take care sweetie, everything will be awesome and if not just give us a ring and we'll come rescue you." She murmured, holding me tightly for a moment before letting go.

They all said goodbye once more and shoved me toward the gate.

When I was finally on my own, heading down the ramp, everything that had been nagging at my mind disappeared.

In its place the one thing that stayed was that I was finally going home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so maybe I'll post another one after this, cause I want to see just what happens too.
And thanks everyone for the layout help, that's probably the other reason I'm posting again later.
Oh and I really have to whore my friend barfalicious.
Her William Beckett story so pwns mine in quality, just not quantity, but I like it for that.
Since she said she's probably getting most her readers from me I want you to, if you love and believe in well written stories to tell your friends.
I could care less about my story but hers is one of those underappreciated gems.
Especially since it's really hard to find a really good story.
Man... I know I'm gonna hear about this one.