So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 5

"Someone looks happy." Shelby commented as I came through the door smiling.

"I have every right to be." I replied brightly.

Her eyebrow rose as she hopped off the couch. "Spill, I want all the gory details."

"You’ll never believe the day I just had…" I proceeded to tell her all about my surprisingly wonderful, enter more positive adjectives here, day.

"Whoa, you lucky chick!" She exclaimed.

It felt nice to gloat a little but mostly I just wanted a girl talk, plus I knew the next bit would make her day.

"And it gets better, they invited me to their show tonight!"

"Oh my god, you’re going on a date with a rock star!" She squealed, then glancing mischeivously at me. "You don't think you can get his friend's numbers for me?"

I laughed. "Shelby I swear you've got the mind of a rabbit."

She sighed, her head sinking pathetically into her hand. "But I'm still looking for my Thumper."

Still laughing a little to myself, I left her to her pining thoughts and tiredly latched myself onto my laptop to work on the interview while it was still fresh in my mind.

While I typed like there was no tomorrow, I could hear Shelby singing happily two rooms away.

Sometimes I wondered if she was bipolar with the way she could turn emotions with the flip of a switch, but it certainly made life… less mundane that way.

While she sang, I hummed, letting out a sigh of contentment as I hit the last key of the first draft.

As I did so, my phone began to ring.

Without looking at the caller i.d., bad habit of mine, I answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey Lilly, its me, William."

Subconsciously I pressed the phone closer to my ear.

"Hey, any reason why you’re calling?"

He laughed.

"What? You don’t want to hear my pretty voice?"

"Oh I love hearing your pretty voice." I laughed, the feeling in my stomach reminescent of high scool phone calls to crushes of the week.

In the little time I knew him I could feel his smile from over the phone.

"Well anyway I was calling to ask for your address so I could pick you up and maybe take you out to eat before the show. What do you say?"

"I dunno, its not like I hand that out to just anyone." I replied coyly.

"But I’m not just anyone, I have a band/b]." He replied suggestively.

I couldn’t help but crack up. "This is one of those ‘if I had a dollar moments…" I paused. "But I suppose I can trust you, after all you did save me from a bad blind date."

"I knew there was a reason I did that." Will chuckled.

With a laugh I gave him the information.

"I’ll be there in say, an hour?"

"Deal."

It took me a moment to register he had hung up and to do the same.

I scrambled over my bed to the computer, sending the article into Leslie for a proof read.

A quick glance in the mirror made me rethink plans to take a simple shower and closet survey.

I ran out to Shelby’s room, nearly sliding past it on the slippery floors in my socks.

Holding onto the doorway in case I spontaniously went sliding away she stared at me.

"Shelby, I need your help."
♠ ♠ ♠
I had to post again after all the sweet comments everyone left me.
By the way, I love you if you did.
I'm not sure to reply in a message, or a profile comment, or a regular comment, there's just so many options!
Anyone got any ideas? Cause I feel guilty not replying.
Oh and if you haven't already, please check out the new TAI TV.
It's amazing.