So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 50

"Wow..."

Madi looked up at me, her eyes glimmering.

"Really, is that all you can say?" She asked nervously.

I laughed, still completely floored.

"Wow as in I'm speechless. It's incredible."

My words obviously got to Madi in a good way.

She deserved it.

From my first reaction at her still at home, doing nothing, and pulling that all nighter I understood why.

Madi was easily one of the best photographers I had seen.

She was nearly all self taught and with the pictures she had taken and developed, I was stunned.

With her bathroom turned darkroom she had images of everything from happiness (children and lovers) to depression (the homeless and beaten down).

"What are you going to do with all of this?" I breathed.

She shrugged.

"I want to make a career out of photography but there's nothing here and if I go to a big city like you they won't take a second look at me without a degree."

It was the phrase like you that got to me.

I paused in my response, trying to work everything out in my head.

Madi watched me while I thought, waiting for me to say something.

I decided to chance it.

"You know if you came out to Chicago I could help."

Her face went into complete shock.

"Would you really?"

She was obviously surprised I'd make that kind of offer.

If that was her reaction we had a lot to work on.

"Of course I'd help you. I've got all these connections there, and besides, you're my sister, it's the least I can do."

If I thought she hugged me tightly earlier I was wrong with the hug she tackled me into then.

"Oh you have no idea how much I love you Lilly!" She exclaimed.

It was a great feeling knowing I was the cause of that reaction.

Quickly she let go, seeming inspired and running toward her camera sitting on the desk.

Before I could say anything she snapped a quick picture of me and her together.

Her reaction would've seemed weird but from my point of view, taking pictures was just the same as my writing, just a different medium.

After she took that picture we caught up on everything we had been up to, aside from the most recent drama.

All of her boyfriend's and heartaches.

Trouble staying afloat in life.

The family mini crises.

Everything we could fit in till we heard pots and pans clanging distantly in the kitchen.

"Mom's up." She yawned.

That yawn reminded me she had been up all night.

"Alright kid, get in bed."

She shook her head indignantly.

"I don't want to! If I sleep now by the time I wake up I'll barely get to see you and then you'll be leaving tomorrow."

I rolled my eyes, pushing her toward her bed.

"I'll see you, don't worry. Besides well make plans for your future when we'll be able to hang out more." I assured her.

She smiled tiredly, giving in and laying down.

"I'll tell mom to leave you alone." I said, heading toward the door.

Madi murmured a goodnight of sorts to me as I turned the lights of and left.

I took a deep breath, walking down the hallway.

Finally I had reconnected with my sister, and now we had a chance to change her and my life for the better.

Now that I had done that, the things on my list were fewer.

I still had to corner Jake and seriously talk to him, something that would be hard to do with a sixteen year old.

I needed to find Matt and Christine and meet my niece.

My parents were somewhere in that equation.

Between all this I had to call Shelby and Jamie, possibly Travis, and just get it out of my system.

And then there was Will.

Somehow... somewhere along the way we'd make a choice.

For better or worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
I made it a whole day without updates... wow...
If you know whats good for you you will follow the link.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/entertainment/music/blog/2008/06/the_academy_is_ready_to_rock.html

Copy and paste, you won't regret it.