So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 52

I hadn't been off the phone long with Shelby when the person I least wanted to see appeared.

Will.

"Hey." He murmured awkwardly, the fact that his height and him stooping over me not helping.

"Yeah... uh, hi." I replied, shuffling my feet.

"Listen about last night what I said-" Will started, quickly getting cut off by me shaking my head.

"Can we not bring it up right now?" I asked him pleadingly.

Will bit his lip but nodded.

I knew if we brought up that subject it would only make letting him go that much harder.

"Well uh, changing the subject... the guys are in town and they wanted me to go out to dinner with them, discuss touring, etc."

I nodded. "Okay then, I assume you're gonna leave with them?"

Will scoffed. "Hell no, when you're touring you take every chance you can for a real bed and home-cooked food."

I laughed a little to myself. "So I guess we'll see you later?"

Instantly Will shook his head with a look of confusion. "Hey that invitation extended to you too Lilly."

Immediately I disagreed.

"No, no I can't go. We're leaving tomorrow and I still haven't spent enough time with Jake and Madi."

At that Will's expression brightened. "Oh that's it? Well then you can bring them with you, I'm sure the guys would love to meet them, and see you again."

I couldn't resist that offer, especially knowing Madi and Jake would kill me if they found out I had turned down their chance to meet The Academy Is...

~x~

Hours later I found myself walking into some random restaurant off the highway with Madi and Jake in toe and Will leading us in.

It wasn't but a few seconds before we were engulfed in hugs from what felt like a swarm of guys in tight pants.

As soon as they got past Will and saw me I ended up with my feet dangling above the air in the grip of the Butcher.

"I missed you too." I giggled as he set me down.

As he let go of me I got caught by everyone else in hugs ranging from The Butcher's level of excitement to nothing but friendly, like from Michael, the Aussie and I really not knowing each other.

Regardless I was just happy to be with people that weren't my family.

"Look she's already showing!" The Butcher exclaimed to Mike, pointing at my stomach.

He looked at him and back at my stomach.

"That's a shadow you idiot!" Mike replied, slapping him on the back of the head.

The Butcher stuck his tongue out at him and turned his attention to my brother and sister hiding behind me.

"Who're they?" he asked, pointing his finger.

"My younger brother Jake and my sister Madi; they're big fans." I explained, pushing them forward.

"Hi." Jake waved feebly, his attention quickly getting caught by the shirt Mike was wearing. "Whoa Queens Of The Stone Age! I love those guys!"

Mike tried to play off the comment coolly but it didn't take a genius to see him glowing from the comment as they started up a conversation about them.

Madi still hadn't moved from where I shoved her but before I could get her to come out of her shell, Sisky, still be awkward around me from our last encounter, walked up to her.

"Hi I'm Adam." He said with a grin, sticking out his hand.

She nervously shook it and ended up getting sucked into a conversation with him as well.

I watched them for a few moments, noticing the blushes and stutters here and there in their speech and the giggles from Madi, the type she only got when it was a crush in the making.

"Do you see what I'm seeing?" Will whispered in my ear from behind me.

I got chills from his voice but nodded. "Love at first sight much?"

He chuckled and nodded, putting his arm around my waist as we were led to our booth.

Somehow all of us had caught on to Madi and Sisky, maneuvering our way in there where it left them pressed together in the booth, the only downside being the same had happened to Will and I.

I couldn't help but notice the mischievous glances they were all sending each other.

Bastards...

I didn't care if it had been a few months since I had seen them; I could've gone a lot longer if it meant avoiding this dinner.

It was going to be a long night…
♠ ♠ ♠
WHOA! I've got over a hundred views on almost every part!!!
I know I say it almost every chapter but I love you all so much!
And I know some of you were speculating about Brendon and Madi or Brendon and Lilly but I hope this part has cleared that up.
And trust me, I considered it all.