So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 55

"Shelby open the fucking door!" I yelled, kicking the plank of wood in annoyance.

I leaned against the frame with a sigh, dropping my bags and turning to Madi.

While I was waiting in the terminal my sister decided to appear with all her worldly belonging either in the bags with her or being shipped here.

How she could be so proactive and get all of that done and arranged in a matter of a few days amazed me.

Why didn't I get that gene?

Apparently she decided to take me up on my offer to come to the city after she witnessed my fight with my mom last night.

I was already waiting for the phone call once they realized she was gone, that was why my phone was off.

In the meantime I was enjoying repeatedly kicking the door till someone opened it.

After about five minutes the sound of footsteps echoed through and the door swung open.

"Hey Ryan, nice sex hair, grab the bags, and that's my sister Madi." I muttered in a blur, walking past the skinny boy.

He looked at me with the same look Madi was giving him; pure surprise.

I ignored them however and kept walking till I got to Shelby's room.

She was just slipping on a shirt and shorts when I walked in.

Before she had the chance to squeal and jump me I threw my arms around her and buried my face in her neck.

One of the great things about Shelby was she managed to know just when I was feeling like crap and what to do about it.

Instantly she hugged me and began planning.

"Alright sweetie, I want you to go take a nice hot shower right now and I'll go take care of everything, okay?" She murmured, being more like a mother than I ever had.

I nodded as she walked me out of her room and into the living room.

A very shirtless Ryan and a very stunned Madi were sitting on the couch awkwardly on either ends not saying a word.

Shelby ignored it and sent Ryan into her room to get dressed while she went up and introduced herself to Madi.

I let them do their thing while I did what Shelby said and went to take a shower.

She still didn't quite know what was happening.

The last time we had talked was when I decided to end things officially with Will, but obviously she took one look at me and knew, she just knew.

These things went through my head while I wandered into my room.

With a little help from my iHome working with Rise Against and the hot steam from my shower I managed to drown everything out and take a breath from life.

In a week I had flown across the country, zigzagged over it to another destination and back home.

Aside from the drama that whole trip was exhausting; with the drama however I was ready to collapse into an eight month long coma.

Maybe it was being pregnant that did this to me, sucked away my energy and happiness.

Maybe my mother was right.

That sharp little thought was squashed instantly by my own conscience.

I was not like my mother and she was not going to screw me up even more by the thought she had planted in my mind.

After about half an hour of fighting that mean little voice in my head I decided to turn the now cold water off and leave the bathroom.

When I finally walked into the living room I found Shelby and Madi sitting on the couch with a stack of movies and a tub of ice cream.

"We've prepared for the worst." Madi said, not able to contain her giggle.

"And in case that doesn't work Plan B is on it's way." Shelby added.

I rose an eyebrow but didn't want to complain.

I had successfully transitioned into the comfiest pajamas I had and with the Ben & Jerry's beginning to melt I threw myself down on the couch.

"Girl, Interrupted? Shelby I never told you how much I loved you." I murmured happily, letting Madi take the DVD from me and put it in.

Ryan appeared as the opening credits began to roll, fully dressed now and managed to wedge his way between me and Shelby on the couch.

Madi was still star struck by the whole situation but played it cool until the buzzer buzzed from below.

"It must be Plan B!" Shelby exclaimed, jumping off the couch and hurling herself toward the door.

I kept my eyes on the screen, content with ignoring everything when two heads popped into my peripheral vision.

"Hiya Lilly." Jamie grinned, hugging me.

As she did that another person shoved a cold cup into my hand.

When I looked down I saw a condensating strawberry smoothing in my hand with the hand still holding it belonging to Brendon, or Plan B.

"I missed you guys!" I exclaimed, pulling them down onto the couch.

While we hugged a muffled voice called up from the cushions.

"Lilly! Someone's sitting on me and I'm pretty sure I'm not a cushion."

Brendon looked at me questioningly from his seat upon my sister.

"I didn't know cushions could talk."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay this is one of my favorite chapters, and I like the rest of the ones from this point on, especially the next.
Oh and I was asked why there is no sequel.
I'll be honest I'd love to do a sequel but I can't think of anything for it, I'm out of drama.
Well... one just popped into my head as I typed that, I'll be damned.
Still, I can't make any promises till I write it and if I stick with it I won't finish this story till I finish it.
Pretty much because they go hand in hand.