So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 6

"So, we have one gorgeous pair of black drainpipes, a stolen DARE shirt, my badass splatter hoodie, and of course a pair of red Chucks, satisfied?" Shelby asked with a smirk.

"Beyond satisfied, declare yourself my savior." I replied, surveying myself once more in the mirror.

She had also managed to do my makeup to bring out all the things that were good about my features.

My friend the makeup artist; ah the perks.

The apartment buzzer took my attention away from my reflection.

"You go get your purse, I’ll go answer it." Shelby rushed, running out before I could say anything else; not that it would’ve made much of a difference.

While getting my bag I could hear her drilling William, asking him every question she could think, even one about his hair.

"Shelby give the poor guy a break, I don’t think he’s the type to rape and murder me in an alley." I said, walking in the room.

She gave a shrug. "You can never be too sure."

Holding in my laugh I turned to Will. "Ready?"

"Yep." He nodded, holding out his hand.

Taking it with a smile, we waved to Shelby who called at us as we were shutting the door. "Remember if it doesn’t work the safety word is Oklahoma!"

"She was watching Jackass last night, Preston’s safety word was Oklahoma." I explained as we walked out the building to his car.

"Ah yes, from the maker’s of Party Boy…" He nodded.

I grinned. "Hey, Chris Pontius is a genius."

We laughed about various Jackass stunts all the way to the car.

I wasn’t familiar with the restaurant we went to but Will said he sweared by their cheese pizza.

"There’s something about it that I can’t describe." He said, cheese and sauce dribbling slightly down his chin.

Laughing somewhat I reached over with a napkin, cleaning it off.

"Aw, they’re so cute together, aren’t they cute?" Someone whispered behind me.

William sighed and looked over my shoulder.

"Alright Pete, Sisky, you can come out now, you suck at spying anyway." He muttered annoyed.

"Hey you forgot me." Joe sniffed, walking out with them.

I found myself quickly surrounded by members of two popular emo bands as William and I was squeezed together into the booth.

Pete, Joe, and Sisky were enjoying their debate about Disney sequels while William and I sat there in our awkward interrupted date.

"I suppose this kind of dampens the date huh?" He whispered in my ear.

"It doesn’t have to." I replied, taking his hand.

He rose an inquisitive eyebrow, to which I answered with a mischeivous smirk.

"Do you trust me?" I whispered.

Without missing a beat he nodded, catching me a little by surprise.

After finding my compsure once more I leaned closer.

"Follow my lead."
♠ ♠ ♠
It's a little short, that's why I'm posting another after this.
Oh and two things.
One I just got back from the Augustana show (sadly I only got to see one song but it was my favorite).
Two, my writing BFF Stefanie joined Mibbabecause of me, so now I've got one of my Quizilla alums' with me.
Things are getting better!