So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 65

A week later Will and I had managed the task of not only moving everything in but remodeling, turning the apartment from a bachelors pad to, dare I say it, love nest (shudder).

We had been to nearly every furniture store in the city, getting odds and ends to fill the apartment.

The best, or more shocking part, was going out and buying a crib.

It was surreal putting a nursery together with Will in the spare bedroom, though I pulled the pregnant card and happily let him put everything together while I painted.

Whoever thought yellow was a gender neutral color was on a crack, but in a moment of clarity we both decided on green; it was also Will's favorite color.

Some people may have thought at five months, putting a nursery together was premature, but based on Wills touring/recording schedule it seemed pretty right.

"Think we're prepared now?" He asked me as we were cuddled up together on the couch.

I shrugged, glad his arms tightened once more around me. "We look like were prepared. I'm still scared shitless."

"I am too, but at least you have maternal instincts in there somewhere." Will chuckled, tapping my head. "All I've got is fear and the dick that started all this."

I sighed and pulled away to look him in the eye.

"Will you'll be a great dad, I know you will. I mean, you managed to keep me from falling flat on my face all this time. And even you, with the dick, have the same instincts up there as me."

I never thought Will could smile so wide as I finished.

"I love you so much Lilly." He whispered, kissing my neck.

I giggled, biting back any other sounds as his lips found his way to mine.

"I think you're pretty rad too." I murmured with a small grin.

Will smirked in a devilish way.

"Oh so that's how you're going to play? He asked playfully pulling me closer.

I nodded smiling and biting my lip.

"You're lucky. I love you so much I'm going to let that slide and hope our child gets my way with words."

I let out a mock gasp and held my hand to my heart.

"Well then I certainly hope the kid has my ability to stand you and your hopes."

Will mirrored my actions.

"That's cold Lilly." He huffed, letting go of me and turning his back to me on the couch.

I sighed. "Oh sweetie I was just kidding."

He didn't move.

"I'm sure the kid will get more like... maybe your beautiful voice."

Still nothing.

"Maybe if it's a boy he'll play baseball just like you."

I had said just the right thing as Will turned, a smile on his face.

"Really? You think so?" He asked hopeful.

I nodded quickly. "I'm positive. And we'll go to all the White Sox games with him or her."

His expression brightened even more at the thoughts of this not so distant future.

"And maybe we could move out of the city and get a couple dogs and huge backyard they could all play in." He added, his eyes bright.

I grinned. "And hopefully he or she'll get your brains for school."

Will nodded and then frowned. "You're leaving out you're traits sweetie."

I made a face. "I don't think I have any I'd want our kid to get."

Will shook his head. "There are tons of them. I want the kid to get all of them."

I didn't say anything, still not really convinced so he continued.

"I want them to get you're writing skills. You're ability to give second, third, and fourth, chances to idiots that don't deserve it. That laugh you make only when you're really and honestly happy. You're blue eyes that turn gray when it's really bright that makes them look like you're soul shining out."

I was pretty much frozen to the couch by Will's words as I forgot he was a lyricist.

He continued on, straying from the original topic and listing all these things about me I considered flaws.

"I love the face you make when you're angry with me. Or how you're so short and I'm so tall but the way you fit against me is so perfect. How even in the morning when you wake up with bed head and smeared make-up you manage to take my breath away. And when you kiss me you have to get on your tip toes and..."

Will couldn't finish that thought as I pressed my lips against his, not sure how long I could on hearing him say those things and not do anything.

I felt his surprise fade away and his arms tighten around my waist, pulling me as close as he could.

"I love you so much Will." I whispered, pulling away.

Will took a deep breath, trying to keep his breathing steady as he replied.

"Please marry me Lilly?" He asked, his voice still unsteady.

I was ready to say no, I could feel the word in my mouth just waiting to be said.

But instead something else happened.

"Yes."
♠ ♠ ♠
Is everyone happy now?
Can I get some more comments then? Cause you've all got me wrapped around your finger and wanting more.
Oh god I've turned into one of those writers...