So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 66

"You didn't need to get me a ring."

Will looked over from his seat behind the wheel.

"How could I not? I want the whole world to know that you said yes." He grinned, not letting go of my hand.

I glanced back down at my hand to where there was a shining diamond on a platinum band instead of the usual band aide or ink stains.

It was hard to comprehend that just last night I was Will's baby momma, and now... I was going to be his wife.

"Well it is gorgeous..." I murmured, not being able to tear my eyes away. "Still, we should be saving up money for the baby, not splurging."

Will laughed.

"Oh Lilly... have you forgotten I'm a rockstar? I know I'm not a millionaire but I can promise you, me, and the baby a more stable future than anyone else. Well except for Pete or Patrick but... but I can damn well afford to buy you engagement ring!" He ended with a laugh.

I watched him practically glowing before my eyes landed on the time... and then it hit me.

"Will stop the car!" I exclaimed, putting my hands out.

He kept driving, though albeit slower.

"Why?" He asked, a little less casually and with a lot more caution.

"It's about the baby now stop the car!" I yelled, making Will immediately break.

"Are you okay? Is the baby okay? Talk to me!" He cried in a panic.

I sighed. "Maybe we can find out if we make it to the hospital in time for our doctor's appointment."

Will breathed a sigh of relief and turned left toward the hospital.

"You know, the drama wasn't really necessary. You scared the crap out of me."

I couldn't help but giggle.

"Yeah... I guess you're right... but I blame the hormones."

That got a laugh out of Will as we made our way to the hospital.

It didn't take us long, even though it felt longer as I looked at the clock every five seconds, not wanting to miss the appointment.

Eventually though after what felt like an eternity we made it through the parking lot and the waiting room.

"Ms. Harper?" The doctor asked, glancing up from the chart.

"That's my name." I nodded, folding my arms behind my head, relaxing on the bed thing.

"I'm Dr. Gavin." She said, flipping through the pages on my chart.

Since my first doctor's visit I decided to find someone else, ending up with this woman instead of man.

Dr. Gavin smiled. "It seems you're five months along. Any pains, problems?"

Before I could answer Will sitting next to me, replied. "Yeah there are all these mood swings and aches, though the morning sickness is gone for the most part. Seriously waking up to the sound of retching every morning... my god..."

I scoffed and reached over to slap the back of his head.

"Husband?" She asked with a laugh.

"To be," I grinned, holding up my left hand. "But yeah... he's right about all the pregnancy side effects. I don't suppose you can prescribe anything for the aching and swelling?"

She shook her head. "Sorry hon, but just think, a little more than three months left."

"Sounds like a lifetime." I muttered.

Dr. Gavin laughed. "Well what's say we take a look at your baby?"

Will and I watched her wheel over the ultrasound machine and pull out the bottle of goo, squirting it on my bare stomach.

I giggled from the weird feeling of it and glanced down at my now obvious bump you'd have to be blind to miss.

Will reached over, taking my hand with his, both of us sharing a look of excitement and anticipation.

Moments later the image of our baby appeared on the monitor.

"Okay, well it looks healthy, no abnormalities, and everything seems to be going along smoothly." Dr. Gavin narrated, as I looked over at Will's beaming face.

"Do you want to know the sex of the baby?" She asked, looking up.

"Um... do you want to?" Will asked me with a bit of nerves and excitement in his voice.

I bit my lip, unsure at first if I wanted to be surprised.

On the one hand it'd give me even more of a something to push for in labor like a driving force.

On the other hand... how would we explain our maybe son in a dress if we didn't know what we were buying for?

"Yeah, I want to know, do you?" I asked Will.

He nodded excitedly so we turned to the doctor. "What is it?"
♠ ♠ ♠
I loved everyone's reactions to the whole proposal, completely made myday night.
Warped Tour starts today!
One of my now good friends on here, Barfalicious, is going today that lucky girl... she's gonna see Beckett up close.
So yeah I'm dedicating this part to her and her envious day.
This part was a little fillerish but was needed.
Oh and I was adding parts and adding to parts a couple of hours ago and so far I'm up to 86 chapters on this story.
I really want to get it to 90 because of my OCD so I'm trying not to post so much and see where I can add more fluff.
But you know how much I love to please so there's no telling what my right hand might do with the mouse.