So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 67

Three hours after the doctor's visit I had managed to get everyone at our apartment.

It was a tough job getting The Butcher, Sisky, Mike, Jamie, and Michael crammed on one couch next to Pete.

On our smaller couch Madi, Brendon, and Ryan with Shelby on his lap were together.

And then, the lucky souls that got their own seats, Travie, Gabe, and Victoria.

Joe and Andy decided to sit on the floor after they figured out the apartment was barely built for nine let alone seventeen.

Dinner was in the oven as I kept my promise of a thank you dinner to everyone, but by everyone I never really anticipated everyone.

I had never really thought about or realized how many friends I had in my inner circle till now.

Everyone was chatting casually between each other and the lack of personal space wasn't creating as much of a problem as I thought.

It may have been the lack of it creating problems as I noticed Siskyglaring glancing at Brendon squished against Madi.

"I see romance." Will murmured in my ear before laughing.

I nodded. "Yeah, I meant to tell you when they were moving our crap I saw them making out in my room."

Will spun me around quickly.

"What? How did you forget to mention that?" He exclaimed.

I shrugged, suppressing my grin. "I dunno, I was too busy thinking about you."

That got a smirk out of Will as he wrapped his arms around me, fully enveloping me.

"I love you so much." He whispered.

"I love you too." I murmured, kissing his cheek.

The sweet moment was quickly ruined by, of course, Pete.

"Yo lovebirds, are we getting any food anytime soon?" He yelled from the couch.

I could hear the slaps from where we were in the kitchen.

"Give it a minute Pete!" I replied loudly with a sigh.

Just as I said that the oven went off simultaneously with the microwave.

"Well I'll be damned, dinner's ready." I muttered

Will quickly ran forward and helped me get the pizzas out of the oven, bending not being one of my forte's anymore.

While he did that I headed for the microwave and then the stove.

By the time we were done there was spaghetti, pizza, bread, and salad.

"I think we did pretty good." I said, wiping my hands off on my jeans and hitting the diamond I had turned around.

I wanted to keep our engagement a surprise till we had everyone's attention; then we'd tell them about the baby.

"Here's dinner." Will announced, helping me carry everything out.

"It's about damn time!" Pete announced, quickly digging into the food along with the others.

Will and I grabbed some random chairs that were miraculously found and sat around the coffee table.

Maybe someday we'd be the type of people to actually invest in couches, chairs, and a huge table.

But in the meantime we decided to be deadbeats about it and make everyone suffer, not like they didn't do the same to us.

"So is there any other reason we're here?" Shelby asked, wiggling her eyebrows with her mouth full.

I sighed and glanced at Will.

"Uh... well... we've got some important news we'd like to share I guess." I murmured nervously.

"They sound like they're thirty." Pete whispered a little too loudly to Travie.

Travis laughed. "Dude you're like a freaking old man. You're turning thirty in what? A year?"

Pete glared at him. "Two thank you very much."

I giggled as Will intervened. "Would you two shut up we have something to say."

They both turned like deer in headlights as I cleared my throat.

"We're... uh, we're engaged."

Instantly the atmosphere changed, everybody rushing forward to congratulate us.

Pete and Travis went back into their age argument as Madi hugged me.

"I can't believe William's going to be my brother in law." She murmured to herself.

I laughed at her revelation as she moved on to hug Will, nearly melting when he mentioned the word sister to her.

Shelby had a similar reaction, being beyond proud of us and hinting at being my maid of honor.

Honestly my mind hadn't even begun to think about the ceremony as I, unlike most chicks never really planned out my dream wedding.

"Oh, there's one more thing." Will said, breaking me from my trance.

I nudged him, wanting him to tell everyone, whose eyes were on us yet again.

"We found out what we're having." He said, barely able to contain himself.

"A baby?" Andy answered simply.

Joe burst out laughing along with The Butcher as Will glared playfully at them.

"We found out today we're having a boy!" He exclaimed, sounding like one of the girls at his shows.

"Yay!" Shelby exclaimed as all the guys in TAI cheered.

"Score one for men!" Sisky said, pumping his fist in the air.

I laughed as Brendon leaned forward. "Can you name him after me?"

"Smooth Bren." Ryan said, Shelby still on his lap.

I sighed and leaned back against Will, who wrapped his arm around me comfortingly.

Even among my friends I didn't like attention and having dropped two bombs on them the spotlight was stuck on us.

Jamie however was my savior in disguise.

As everything began settling down I got jostled next to her and Mike.

While eavesdropping on Will, Travis, Pete, and Brendon's conversation about what to name the baby and trying not to laugh, I noticed Jamie's hand.

"Jamie sweetie... why is there a gold band on left hand?" I asked her with a small grin.

She looked over at Mike, a blush lacing her cheeks.

"Mike proposed two days ago... we haven't really found a way to tell everyone."

I laughed. "Hey man, my apartment is your soapbox."

Quickly Mike shook his head. "No, no, we don't want to steal your thunder."

I grinned. "Man I hate all this attention, and besides, it's your big news too! When do you think we're gonna get everyone back together again? I don't think they'd fit much better in your apartment."

Jamie laughed and nodded. "Alright... but only if you're fine with it."

I nodded. "The floor is yours."

With that Jamie took a deep breath. "Guys, we've got some big news too."

"You're not pregnant too are you?" Pete sighed, earning yet another slap from Travie.

While Pete muttered about being brutalized Mike answered.

"No, we're engaged too."

Yet again another round of cheers rang out and somewhere along the way alcohol was found.

"To marriage!" Mike announced, holding up his shot.

"To marriage!" We all replied, myself holding up my iced tea.

As everyone took their shots a knock rang out in the apartment.

"I'll get it!" Will announced, running toward the door.

I sighed tiredly, relaxing back on the couch.

This had definitely been a long day, though informative for sure with the engagement, the baby, and Jamie's wedding.

My feet were aching and I felt like an elephant and all I wanted to do was sleep.

Regardless, just as I was about to pass out, Natalie and Patrick stumbled in with Will.

"Hey, sorry we're late; I hope we didn't miss anything."
♠ ♠ ♠
This part makes me giggle, especially the ending.
And I know I say it almost every part but I love you guys.
Seriously, 250 comments, 422 readers, and 111 subscribers.
I really never thought this story would get that much attention but you keep proving me wrong!
And you know what?
The Academy Is... played their first Warped Tour show since '06 today.
I want them to be here already!