So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 68

Two days after the party at the apartment I found myself dabbling in the art of murder.

"Die, die, why won't you fucking die?" I yelled at the TV, wanting to throw the Halo remote control at the couch out of frustration.

"They don't call me the Butcher for nothing." The Bucher laughed darkly, continuing to shoot at me.

"You realize you're trying to kill a pregnant woman." Will stated calmly, not even looking up from his laptop.

The Butcher shrugged. "It's not my fault she's a low, slow target."

"What makes me low and slow?" I asked him with an eyebrow raised.

Will looked away from the laptop, knowing The Butcher was on dangerous ground.

"Well no offense Lilly, but you are kind of..."He trailed off, glancing over at Will.

Immediately he began shaking his head, moving his arms outrageously to signal to the Butcher if he quit while he was ahead he might get to live.

"Kind of what?" I asked through gritted teeth after looking at Will who immediately stopped and decided the armrest was fascinating.

The Butcher looked away from Will and cleared his through. "You're kind of... pregnant... yeah pregnant!"

"I'm kind of pregnant? No shit I'm a cow." I glared at him, throwing down my remote now that my player had died.

Immediately the Butcher started shaking his head so hard I thought his head would spin. "No, no you're not a cow, you're gorgeous!"

I snorted, crossing my arms over my chest.

Except now that I was the new Moby Dick putting anything across my chest involved a warm up and possible protein shakes.

After a minutes struggle I gave up on my boobs and The Butcher and made my way toward the fridge.

My cravings had gotten worse but for the moment the only thing I wanted was my standard bowl of cocoa puffs and milk.

With the delicious chocolate a spoonful away a returned to the couch.

The Butcher had replaced me with Will on Halo, who was doing much better than me at killing him.

I watched my fiance attempting to kill his best friend while I sat down to devour my food.

One thing I've found positive about being pregnant was that my now very large stomach made a great table.

When the spoon was inches from lips there was a knock on the door.

Both the boys turned, look at me expectantly.

"Don't look at me, I'm not getting it. You don't have swollen ankles or a craving for chocolate so massive you want to punch a baby."

Will and the Butcher looked at me wide eyed at my exclamation.

"Punch a baby... but you're pregnant..." The Butcher said slowly.

"Don't make me sit on you." I glared, shoving a spoonful of cereal viciously into my mouth.

Will sighed with a smile and got up. "You've been watching way too much comedy central."

I shrugged. "Secret Stash is the only thing guaranteed to make me laugh."

With a laugh he kissed me forehead and went to the door.

I was enjoy the quiet for a moment, savoring the quality time with me, my huge belly, and bowl of chocolate balanced precariously on it when there was a shout and the bowl went tumbling to the floor in my surprise.

The Butcher looked over and started laughing while I looked down in horror at the remains of my cocoa puffs.

"Can Lilly come out and play?" Brendon asked in a lisp, peeking his head into the living room.

"I think Lilly's a little traumatized at the moment." The Butcher said between laughs.

I nodded pathetically, my eyes still glued to the floor.

I heard some shuffling and a moment later Brendon appeared beside me.

"That's more depressing than the last brownie in the pan."

My gaze instantly landed on him at the mention of brownies.

"You have brownies?"

He chuckled. "No... I didn’t get the memo that I needed to bring an offering."

"Well it helps." I shrugged, settling back into the couch. "So whatcha doin' here?"

Brendon smiled sadly and threw his arm around my shoulder.

"I'm getting dragged back to Las Vegas for my mom's birthday so I'm leaving good ol' Chi-Town today."

I looked up at Brendon sadly, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Aw Brenny, I'm gonna miss you. When are you coming back?"

He bit his lip. "Not for a while. We've got the album to do and all that jazz. But I promise when you set a date for your wedding I will be there to catch the bouquet."

Softly smiling at Brendon's reassurances I threw my arms around him.

"I'm gonna miss you kid." I sniffed, trying to hold back tears.

Brendon freaked out a little at the waterworks but leaned over and pulled me in a tight hug.

"I'm gonna miss you too..." Brendon said suddenly jumping off the couch. "Pop 'n Fresh."

He quickly ran away, yelling goodbyes to The Butcher and Will but not before I got to threaten his life with a few choice words.

With an annoyed huff I successfully managed to cross my arms over my chest and sulk.

As Will sat down in Brendon's vacated spot he slipped his arm around me, ready to assure me I wasn’t fat when The Butcher cracked up.

"Wow, I'm glad someone said it." He laughed between breaths.

The term if looks could kill came to mind as I realized just because I couldn’t kill The Butcher in Halo didn’t mean I couldn’t kill him in real life.

"You're dead."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah I kind of wrote this today.
I heard 'Forever Young' from TAI today at Warped.
Not only is it gorgeous but it gave me the title for the sequel (for now).
Go read Barfalicious's journal about Warped today; I started giggling like a crazy teenie, which is very rare.
Oh and I'm updating this for Melly.
She successfully managed to find the one meanfangirl person on Mibba.
I'm saying this now, if you go out of your way to insult the music someone listens to I don't want you reading this story.
The thought of someone bringing someone else down just to make themselves feel better disgusts me that much.
(Sorry Melly, I know that wasn't the exact thing she did but it reminded me of my other pet peeve aside from bitchy fangirls.)
And after a fantastic message to me that brought me down about three years in maturity there was no way I couldn't update for her.
Oh! Today I get to run around the mall with Liz to find the Prince Caspian pillow at the Disney Store (supposedly).
Wish me luck!