So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 69

A couple of weeks passed along with a few more doctors visits.

Will and I got into quite a few arguments about naming the baby.

He wanted to continue the tradition and name him William Eugene Beckett III whereas I argued there was no way in hell my son was going to be named Eugene.

So we were at a stalemate.

I was still flipping through baby name books when Will walked in the apartment.

"Hey babe, did you bring back my food?" I asked as he walked in.

The frown on Will's face that he walked in with disappeared for a moment, replaced by a grin as he held up a jar or peanut butter and a box of hot dogs from the diner down the street.

"You're a god among men." I sighed as he handed them over.

I quickly slathered the peanut butter over the hot dog hovering over my mouth.

"These are the right hot dogs right? Not that commercial crap from James Coney Island right?" I asked him suspiciously.

Will looked at me out of shock. "After last time when I brought Krispy Kream instead of Shipley's? No, I've learned my lesson."

His reply was in vain as I had already shoved two hot dogs into my mouth.

Nevertheless I nodded and proceeded to inhale the rest of the hot dogs coated with peanut butter.

Will watched in slight disgust while I savored the weird but incredible object of my craving.

Once I had finished licking my fingers clean I turned to him.

"So Bill, why the frown?"

He seemed startled for a moment but replied.

"I, uh… just came from a meeting with the label and the guys."

I immediately perked up. "Oh that's right that was today, how was it?"

Will leaned forward, staring down at his shoes awkwardly.

"They want us to start recording as soon as possible." He murmured.

There was something more, something Will wasn't telling me, even hormonal pregnant women would notice.

"What is it Will?" I asked, leaning closer.

He sighed and finally turned to face me.

"We have to record in LA, most likely in the next couple of weeks." Will replied tiredly, putting his head on my shoulder.

A part of me wanted to get mad that he'd be leaving, especially with the baby only a few months away.

I had been around the music scene long enough to know recording a record took at least four months if you were lucky.

It was like making a movie with the conceptual stage of writing the script, acting it out, editing it, and creating the entire thing so it'd be perfect for the world.

The Academy Is… weren't only the actors, they were the directors, conceptual designers, and even art directors.

Just by the look on Will's face I could tell he wasn’t looking forward to it, and that's what bothered me the most.

"Will smile for heavens sake! Be happy about this!" I exclaimed, shaking him slightly.

He looked up at me like I had gone crazy.

"Aren't you mad or… hating me right now?"

I shook my head, wrapping my arms around him.

"No, you've got to do what you've got to do and you should be happy about it, I mean you're going to make something that'll touch millions of people's souls!"

He looked up at me, a little bewildered and surprised.

"Uh, yeah, you're right! I... Any other time I'd be thinking that but I've got you and the baby now. I don't want to leave you two alone, I mean we just settled in."

I sighed. "I know... but maybe someone could stay with me or... I dunno, you could fly back and forth between recording or... I don't know."

Will nodded, touching his forehead to mine. "We'll figure this out, we have to."

I kissed his cheek when an idea hit me.

"Hey Jamie has her job out here doesn't she? Do you think maybe she could stay with me while you're gone?"

Will's ears perked up at that thought as he began to run with it. "Yeah! And then maybe Mike could come with me and we'd trade off and... and... this could work."

I laughed and wrapped my arms around him tightly, a tough task since my stomach had decided to grow considerably in size in the past weeks.

"We should probably call them up in a few, I'm sure Mike is probably telling her as we speak." Will explained, burying his face into my neck.

I nodded, running my fingers lightly through his hair.

"Maybe if Jamie can stay with me we could start planning our weddings." I murmured, bringing up the topic we had yet to really discuss.

Will looked up at me tiredly. "We're terrible fiance's. We haven't talked about the wedding at all."

Nodding in reply I fell back against the couch with him.

"Not counting Madi no one in my family knows, though I think she may have told Matt and Jake. Mom pretty much disowned her and me, again." I said tiredly.

"Yeah, my parents haven't even met you yet. I've told them about you but not the engaged part either."

I sighed. "We're bad at this whole thing."

Instantly Will sat up, a determined look on his face along with his trademark grin.

"Alright then, here's what we're going to do. I'm going to call my parents and set up a dinner with them for this week, we'll tell them everything. In the meantime you call Jamie and give her the details."

I nodded, so glad he could take charge when things were falling apart.

I reached for my cell phone when Will stopped me.

"Oh and I need your dad's number."
♠ ♠ ♠
So my goal to get the Prince Caspian pillow kinda went down the drain since I'm a broke white girl and Disney is a huge corporation that sucks the soul out of everything.
So I hung out at Liz's for a while watching Juno and Ben Barnes videos (especially the Jimmy Kimmy one).
A man should always offer another man the pickle.
But the day wasn't a total loss as we told her parents we were going to see The Love Guru while instead... we saw Prince Caspian for the 7th time.
True, I fell asleep a couple of times since I've been up for roughly 24 hours, and I'm sorry for snapping at Liz (she was threatening me with popcorn and coke!)
But I didn't miss his scream in the end that gives me chills and is totally my favorite part.
So my day wasn't a total bust, I still fit some Prince Caspian in.