So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 71

Will paced back and forth in the waiting room.

Waiting rooms were possibly the worst part of hospitals, especially so late at night, the silence was suffocating.

He twiddled his thumbs, waiting for Madi, Shelby, Jamie, and whoever else he called to show up.

Maybe calling everyone was overkill, but after Lilly passed out halfway there and the doctors confined Will to the waiting room when the baby's heartbeat dropped, it was all he could do.

His chest tightened every time his mind went back to the memory of him staggering into the emergency room.


"Somebody! I need a doctor! Please somebody help!" Will yelled in a panic.

Lilly still didn’t stir, only hung limply in his arms.

"Please!" He let out once more in a softer whimper.

A few nurses came running from around the corner, one of them pushing a wheelchair.

They asked him countless questions about what happened, who she was, his relationship with her, all their words blurred into one.

Somehow though he must have answered him since they handed him a clipboard and pen, breaking his stare he had fixed on Lilly.

"Please sir, we need you to fill that out before we can do anything." One of the nurses instructed him.

Will nodded numbly; reluctantly he let them take Lilly from his arms and glanced down at the forms.

He was about to fill them out when they began wheeling Lilly away.

"Hey wait!" He exclaimed, catching up with them.

"Please sir, wait here, fill out the forms, and we'll get back to you as soon as we find out what's wrong. It won't be long I promise."

Will couldn’t find the energy to fight them if it meant Lilly and the baby's health.

Three hours later and they had only come out once, leaving him even more nervous.

Will continued to pace the hallways, listening to his footsteps echo through them like a haunting melody.

It was broken moments later by multiple running footsteps as he looked down to see Madi, Shelby, Ryan, Jamie, and Mike.

"Sorry we're late, we had to go pick up Jamie and Mike too." Ryan explained as Will noticed they all had hoodies and jackets crammed on over their pajamas.

"Any news?" Shelby asked with wide nervous eyes.

Will bit his lip, saying the words made it real.

"They said Lilly's blood pressure went down and the baby's heartbeat dropped and they're trying to get them both stabilized." He murmured, unable to look at any of them.

Madi's eyes filled with tears as she turned on him. "Well? Is Lilly going to be alright? What about the baby?"

"I don't know." Will answered, feeling her heartache tenfold.

The tears tumbled over Madi's cheeks as Will went forward and pulled her into a hug, doing all he could to reassure her and try not to focus on his own fears.

Looking over her head he saw Shelby bury her face into Ryan's chest as Mike held Jamie tightly, everyone trying not to crumble.

They all stayed that way for a while in the waiting room, going through periods of tears, worries, and fears.

An hour after they arrived a doctor appeared in the room in scrubs.

"Uh, Lilly Harper's family?" He asked, looking over at them; they were the only ones in the waiting room.

Immediately Will jumped up, disturbing Madi who had fallen asleep on his shoulder.

"That's us." He breathed.

"You must be the fiance... well I've got good news and bad news." The doctor said emotionlessly.

Will sighed and waited for the doctor to continue.

"Well because of the drop in blood pressure the baby went into distress and Ms. Harper started going into premature labor."

The blood ran cold in Will's veins; his hands began to sweat as he waited for the doctor to continue.

"Now the good news is we managed to stop it and get her and the baby stabilized. She should be waking up soon and your welcome to see her, one person for the moment, but I'd like to talk about this later with you." He concluded.

Will nodded, the heavy feeling that had weighed down his whole body for hours disappeared.

There was only one thing on his mind and that was seeing Lilly.

"Where is she?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Personally I hate pregnancy stories where they kill the baby... I'm not a baby killer.
So last week was wonderful.. I should've known it wouldn't last.
Currently I'm mad at my dad for interfering in my life, knowing nothing about me, etc.
Yeah, yesterday was bad.
But on the bright side the new TAI TV was probably one of my top five favorites.
Two more weeks till Warped, or more realistically the weekend after this one.