So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 75

"If it's too much trouble we don't have to get married Lilly, we can just stay engaged forever and do one of those Brad and Angelina moves. But let's not adopt all the kids." Will said, trying to joke.

My back stayed turned to him so he continued.

"And if this unemployment thing is too much I know I can get you a job in the label or recording or..." He paused at my silence. "Or you could find one yourself if you want to be an independent woman, and I'll totally support you... maybe I'm going the wrong route and you just want to stay off the job to spend time focusing on the baby... either way I'm here for you."

Though what Will said was sweet and meant a lot to me, it hardly made a difference in the situation, my joblessness just being one factor.

"Look, I'm sorry I have to go to LA to record, I really am but even you were behind it when I told you. If you're changing your mind its way to late now, I already signed the contract and everything." He exclaimed, losing his cool.

With a lot of effort, especially when it involves having twenty odd pounds solely on your abdomen for a few excruciating moments, I rolled over to face Will.

"Just stop it." I murmured tiredly. "Just trying to be Mr. Perfect and fix everything. When you're pregnant and hormonal it doesn’t work."

Will sighed. "Well then what will? Because I'm trying everything I can to understand what you're going through and to show you I care but-"

"That! That right there is you trying to be Mr. Perfect!" I announced, pointing my finger at him like you could physically see it. "Stop trying to fix everything!"

What I said must have struck a chord within Will since he threw himself back against the bed with a growl.

"Alright then, how do you want me to be? Should I go out partying every night? Do you want me to bury myself in music and only call you to ask how the fish are? Or maybe I should be one of those deadbeat fathers and leave you with the baby?" He asked heatedly.

I shrugged. "I don't know, you'll be doing just that as soon as you go on tour. Should I call you a deadbeat father?"

Will rolled his eyes at me. "You knew that touring came with me when you met me. Isn't it a little late in the game to start getting pissed about that?"

I glared at him. "Yeah well it's early in the game to have a baby... and I was fine with it till I realized you'd be leaving me with the baby and everything else."

Sighing, Will ran his hands through his hair like he was fighting to not explode or scream or both.

After a few deep breaths and penetrating stares into the ceiling Will tiredly turned to me, both of us facing each other in the middle of the bed barely a foot apart.

"I'm sorry Lilly... we really didn’t plan this very well huh?" He asked bitterly.

I shook my head and gave him one of those blank stares that only had energy behind it.

"There are some things we can't control...your job is pretty much one of them... so are the fans on the message boards typing away insults about me." I muttered.

Out of instinct and forgetting about our fight, Will reached out and held me.

"I'll do something about that I promise, just put it out of your head for now, there's obviously enough in there to begin with." He assured me. "And we'll figure something out love. I don't care if I have to fly home every moment I get free; I'll be here for you, just like I promised... and I always keep my promises."

Will looked down at me nervously, waiting for me to say something... anything.

Instead, since I couldn’t think of anything to say in the situation, I leaned up and planted a soft kiss on his lips.

"Are-, are... are we okay now?" He asked oddly.

I nodded, feeling something of a smile grow on my face. "Until the next time my hormones get the better of me."

He exhaled deeply and pulled me closer.

"Can we go home now? I feel like we're providing the entertainment for all our friends."

With a pathetic laugh I agreed.

"Okay I guess... but can we stop by the grocery store? Right now I want meat."

Will chuckled a little and nuzzled his face into my neck.

"Whatever you want, I'm just glad you don't want to kill me anymore."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I was listening to 'Forever Young' to find a title for the sequel and there coincidentally is a line that makes me giggle.
If my memory is correct it's 'Not Gonna Kiss You Goodbye.
You don't know how tempting that is to name the sequel, even if it means I have to have a not so happy ending to this.
In fact it's a little too tempting.