So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 80

Will stood on the side of the stage, waiting for the lights to dim and Sisky's bass to cue him in.

A few moments later the lights went out and the guys ran onstage, taking their instrument from the techs.

He took two deep breaths and let the image of Lilly's face in the crowd sink into his mind, the thought freezing him for a moment that this was the first show since everyone found out about the baby and the wedding.

That realization only gave him more energy, to sing his heart out for his family and his fans.

In a moment he had run out on stage, microphone in hand, and belted out the first note.

Will hadn’t truly noticed how much he missed being on stage performing till that moment, staring out at the crowd singing with him.

He realized there would never be a more perfect moment like this, like happiness frozen in time.

Will didn’t become fully conscious of the night until the third song when he glanced back at his friends and band mates.

Everyone had the same high, the same music induced stage personalities that he had come to adore.

They were just starting the fourth song when Jamie and Natalie began frantically signaling to him from the side of the stage.

Will however ignored her, not wanting to break the spell over the stage.

He had however, underestimated Jamie.

Being a sometimes road tech for the guys had made her acutely aware of how the sound systems worked and, for the sake of her friend, had no problem unplugging the amps and plunging the stage into silence.

It didn’t last long however, as the outrage of the fans filled the room and mixed with the confusion of the guys onstage.

In a determined march Jamie crossed the stage, catching the eyes of everyone in the room as she walked up to Will with an annoyed glare and shoved the phone at him.

"Your wife." She said curtly, waiting next to him as the guys silenced the crowd.

"Hello?" Will asked, somewhat annoyed but trying to mask it with confusion.

"Why don't you fucking answer your phone?! I tried calling you an hour ago!" Lilly screamed into the phone.

He let out an agitated sigh and attempted to maintain a normal conversation despite the hundred odd kids watching him intently.

"Honey, you know I left for the show. Whatever you need me to do I can do when I get homeWill replied calmly while gritting his teeth.

In an even louder voice, if that was possible, she let out all her frustration.

"Don't honey me! My water broke, I'm in fucking labor! If you don't get your ass down here you won't have a home to go back to!" Lilly screamed louder as she had another contraction.

"What?" Will asked in a hushed voice, staring off in a daze.

"I'm having your baby right fucking now!" Lilly answered in an agonizing yell.

That last scream seemed to have woken him from his daze as he quickly replied. "I'm on my way honey."

With that he threw Jamie her phone and threw off his ear plugs, turning to the guys and the crowd at the same time.

"Lilly's in labor, I'm gonna be a daddy!" He exclaimed, not thinking twice as he ran off stage in the middle of the show.

Will was only vaguely aware of Jamie, Natalie, and the rest of the guys running after him to the van as everyone backstage scrambled to fill the wide gap of time.

As they sped off through the Chicago night they couldn’t seem to drive fast enough, Will anxiously tapping his fingers against the doors and his knees.

He was going to be a father...

Not an expecting father that had nine months to figure things out but an actual dad in a matter of hours, minutes maybe, he had no idea.

Will did his best to keep all his fears out of his mind and focus on his wife in labor, knowing she needed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
The Black Parade is Dead is also fucking amazing!
I'm so happy it's really hard to not post all of these at once.
Oh and be warned for future reference if something sounds like a soap opera it's probably just as fake as a soap opera.
Don't say I didn't warn you.
Anyway, five days till Warped!
Enjoy this kiddies, I personally loved how this chapter came out.