So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 84

I spent an hour or so with Will and Zachary in the hospital room soaking in the moment.

It was so hard for me to believe that I was now a mom to this little pink baby in my arms.

And still somehow... I did believe it.

I was scared, there was no denying that, but maybe it was the combination of meds and exhaustion that put my fears at ease.

I knew that this state of calm wasn’t going to last much longer, especially when we got home, but it was a godsend after all the drama we had been through.

The calm apparently wasn’t going to last past the hospital as there was a knock on the door.

Will glanced at me as he got up. "Take cover."

I heeded his words as he opened the door.

Not a second later all of our friends, and now family, trooped into the room and filling it very quickly.

The first person to get to me was my mom; she quickly began fussing over me and Zackie.

"Oh honey are you alright? He's beautiful, you look a little pale, can I hold him?" She said all in one go.

I was a little stunned by her forwardness so I let her take the little blue bundle out of my arms.

As soon as he left my arms I got engulfed in three different pairs of arms; Madi, Jamie, and Shelby's to be exact.

"We were so worried about you!" Jamie exclaimed.

"Thank god you're alright." Shelby breathed.

Madi didn’t say anything except for holding me as tightly as she could, letting out the occasional sniff.

"Hey, hey kid, don’t cry." I murmured, patting her back awkwardly.

I never was good with things like this.

She looked up with red eyes and nodded, attempting to hide the fact she'd been crying by letting her bangs fall over her face.

Shelby glanced over at her out of concern before moving away.

"I, uh, I guess I better call Ry and Brendon, I promised I'd call as soon as I got news."

I nodded. "Tell Brendon I'm sorry I didn’t name the kid after him."

She laughed and walked out of the room.

After that things went a little less notable.

Will's parents and mine fussed over me a little before turning their attention to Zackie.

Only my brother Jake stayed next to me, despite the awkwardness.

He was quiet, though it may have been because of the guys from Fall Out Boy being only a few feet away in a very animated conversation with The Academy Is.

"Want me to introduce you?" I asked.

His eyes grew wide and he began stuttering out something.

"I saw them at the uh, wedding and made a complete fool out of myself."

I laughed and ruffled his hair.

"Don't worry kid, you could never beat Pete's record. Just tell them I sent you over to make sure they weren’t plotting to take my first born. Will's over there, don’t sweat it."

He gave me a shaky smile and got up.

I wasn’t an expert on guy interactions, but when they clapped their hand on his shoulder and did all that I knew the plan was a success.

A moment later Will walked over to me with a grin.

"Nice job with your brother."

I shrugged. "Eh, I do what I can."

He laughed and looked over at both our mothers cooing over our son.

Seeing him there I couldn’t help but sigh a little over our friends that weren’t here.

Ryan and Brendon were off recording and promoting, Travie was doing the same, Cobra Starship were still touring, and I didn’t even want to think about all our other friends.

Will must've noticed me sigh.

"What is it?" He asked.

"We're gonna have to make a lot of phone calls."
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah... this chapter kind of sucks.
I've written it like three times and it never came out well so I've come to terms with it.
Anyway, happy fourth of July for those of you that celebrate it, I certainly don't.
Two more days till Warped!
Oh and since I've gotten to ninety, this won't end on the 6th but pretty close to it.