So Kiss Me Goodbye

Chapter 87

After a week at home we learned some days were better than others.

The apartment had begun to feel like our cage, so on a nice spring day we decided to get out.

True it wasn’t as easy as we were used to, but the new excuse we used was it was a learning experience.

So instead of the usual 'grab the keys and go' routine we spent half an hour trying to figure out what we needed for an outing.

I swear I never thought I'd see Will panicking over three different kinds of diapers like it was a red wire, blue wire situation.

We finally made it out though, taking the boy scout motto of always be prepared to heart.

"I suppose we've got to look forward to this until he moves out?" Will sighed, pushing the stroller out of the apartment building.

I chuckled. "Probably not that long, though the thought of him not in diapers is hard to comprehend let alone moving out."

He laughed and slipped his arm around my waist.

For being a bachelor when he bought the apartment, Will managed to find the most family friendly neighborhood in probably all of Chicago.

The park just down the street was kind of the icing on top.

"Will this place is gorgeous." I smiled.

He nodded. "I didn’t even know it was here."

I laughed and looked around at the inner city type park that reminded me of the trip I took to New York City when I was a kid.

A quick image of the New York skyline flashed through my mind with the lights brighter than they could ever really be.

"What are you thinking about?" Will asked, breaking my from my thoughts.

I shrugged. "Just New York, you know the Big Apple and such."

He nodded. "Yeah I know the Big Apple, what about it?"

"I was just thinking about how amazing it was, not to mention how long it's been since I've been there."

By now we had gotten deeper into the park where you almost didn’t realize you were in a city as big as Chicago if you didn’t look up at the skyscrapers towering over you.

"Well we're going back there."

Will's words broke me from my musings.

"What?" I asked unbelieving.

Will laughed and slipped one arm around me, the other slipping on the stroller handle.

"Well I mean we have to go to LA to work on the record but eventually we have to go to the studios in New York to actually record." He explained, tightening his grip on my waist.

I sank in to his touch even after all this time together, just being around him gave me the same feeling of butterflies.

"Okay." I murmured somewhat dazedly.

Maybe it was my surroundings that put me in my daze.

The smell of the flowers and trees were like a narcotic as the few bees and butterflies still lingering added to the picture.

I truly did lose myself in the moment as I looked up at William.

A sunbeam was falling on him, blurring the details of his face in a golden glow but leaving the one thing that could still get to me; his eyes.

In that moment I forgot about everything pressing on my mind.

The subtle insecurities of the future just beginning to form were also blurred out of my mind like the sunbeam.

Will stopped and looked at me oddly.

"Lilly?" He asked lightly.

I put my finger to his lips and shook my head, my eyes fluttering close.

"Shhh... Let's savor the moment." I whispered as we stopped, letting my hand slip into his.

He nodded and watched me for a few seconds, taking in my expression.

For a moment he turned away and bent down toward the flowers nearby before reappearing next to me.

"Here." Will murmured, holding his hand out to me.

There lying in his palm was a small white daisy.

I looked down at it and then him, the childlike happiness in his face reminding me of a small boy handing a little girl a daisy instead of a married couple and their sleeping child.

"There aren't enough ways I can tell you I love you." I whispered, my hand falling slightly on his chest absentmindedly tugging on his shirt.

With a small smile he leaned down and put his lips to my ear.

"We've got the rest of our lives to figure them out."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay... this story is officially done being written.
I'm a little sad about that but I'm enjoying writing the sequel a little too much.
I mean I just finished part six last night so everything seems to be going good.
And I like this part too, even if it is really cheesy.
You need a nice filler before the insecurities set in...
(And sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was still working on this and fixing the kinks in the story.)