Happy Accident

One.

The events of that night were still a blur to me, a big drunken blur. All I remembered, was the boy, the act and waking up in the morning to him asking me if it were possible that I don't tell anyone what happened.

Which I was able to do, perfectly fine.

Until now. Now, I was panicking. I was in a full blown panic as I sat in my bathroom with the door locked. I sat on the floor with 6 different pregnancy tests on the floor. All of which read positive.

I didn't have his phone number, he was the only person I had slept with for 6 months, bit of a dry spell I was in. But I know who would have his number. I put the tests away, hidden. I got dressed and grabbed my keys. I left the house and drove to my best friend, Arielle's house. When I pulled up, there were a lot of cars in front of her house. I thought about just going home, but I knew I couldn't. I got out of my car and walked up to the front door. I opened it and walked in.

"Arielle!" I called out.

"Sam! In here!" she yelled back from the living room.

I walked through the house to the living room. When I walked in, I was faced with all of One Direction, Perrie, Eleanor, Sophia and Gemma. Gemma and I were pretty good friends. Arielle was dating Niall, but I stayed away from it all for the most part and usually only saw Niall, and Gemma whenever we went to London.

"Sammy!" Gemma said, jumping up and hugging me, "How are you doing?"

"I'm good," I put on a smile and nodded, "How are you?"

"Oh you know, menstruating."

"Gross," Harry said.

I looked at Arielle and she was laying on the floor and Niall was rubbing her lower stomach.

"You too?" I asked her.

"Yup," she nodded, "What? Are you not? We're always on the same time."

I made a face and shook my head, "Uh, can I talk to you for a minute? Like.. In private."

She looked at me funny and sat up, "Is everything alright?"

"Uh, no not really," I said.

She got up and took my hand. She walked up to her bedroom with me and closed the door behind us.

"What's up?" she asked, a look of concern on her face.

"Uh, I kind of already said it. But uh, I haven't gotten my period. And, I started getting worried, so I took like, 6 pregnancy tests."

"Oh shit... Liam..." she said.

"Wait how do you know?"

"He can't keep things from the band, the only person down there that doesn't know is Sophia."

I sighed and nodded.

"So what are we gonna do?" she asked me.

I shook my head as tears formed in my eyes, "My mom's going to be so mad at me."

"Oh baby girl," she said as she pulled me into a hug, "It's going to be okay."

There was a soft knock on the door and it opened. Gemma came in and hugged me.

"I think we've all figured out what's going on, except for Sophia. I think she suspects the pregnancy, but nothing else. They're all doing a pretty good job at being as shocked and worried as Liam seems, as to not let it be so obvious," she said.

I started to cry and she just held onto me. We stayed there until I managed to stop crying. Arielle wiped my eyes and fixed my make up for me.

"Come on," she said and we went back downstairs.

Harry opened his arms to me and I sat beside him. He wrapped his arms around me and I rested my head on his shoulder. He kissed the top of my head.

"So, what are you going to do?" Eleanor asked me.

I shrugged, "I haven't really had a chance to think about it."

"Well, it's quite clear you only have one option, isn't it?" Sophia said, "You have to keep it, you can't just kill a baby. You're Catholic."

I looked at her for a moment, Harry not letting me go. Then I looked at Liam.

"Yeah I'm not so sure what I believe in anymore," I said.

"Do you... Wow I don't want to sound like a bitch," she said, "Do you know who the dad is?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "I know."

"Well... Does he know?"

I nodded again, not looking at Liam at all.

"Do you think he'll stick around? Do you want him to stick around?"

"Uh, I'm not sure, to either of those questions," I said, then I got a text from my mom asking me where I had went and asking if I wanted to go out to dinner with her, I replied with yes and that I'd be home in 20 minutes, "Uh, I have to leave."

Harry kissed my forehead and I kissed his cheek before getting up.

I hugged everyone before picking up my purse.

"Can I say one last thing?" Sophia asked.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"You should, uh, you should at least let the guy decide, if he wants to be around, ya know? You can keep him at arms length, but if he wants to be around then he should be. That doesn't always happen these days."

I tried to force the tears in my eyes to go away but I couldn't.

"You're a really great person, Sophia," I nodded and she smiled, "But uh, with this situation, I kind of feel like... out of sight, out of mind is best for everyone involved."

Everyone's faces fell, including Liam's as I turned around.

"Sam," I heard Niall say, but I kept walking.

I left the house and got into my car. I drove away and went home. I turned off my phone when I pulled into the driveway. My mom came outside and got into my car.

"What's up babe? Have you been crying?" she asked.

"Uh, yeah," I nodded, "I have something to talk to you about when we get to the restaurant, okay?"

She nodded, "Is everything okay though?"

"I'm not sure."

She took my hand and kissed it, "Well, whatever it is, we'll figure it out together okay?"

I nodded. I drove us to the restaurant and we took our seats on opposite sides of the booth from each other.

"So what's up?" she asked as we got our drinks.

"Uh, so you know how I don't always think things through all the way, and it gets me into trouble?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I did that again. Remember that party that Arielle and I went to about 2 months back?"

"The one where you came home really hung over and I made you soup?"

"Yeah, that one. Well, at that party, everyone was so drunk, and uh, I slept with someone. And uh, I didn't get my period, so I uh... I took like 6 pregnancy tests earlier."

"Oh princess..." she said, "Do you know who?"

I nodded.

"Is it one of...?"

I nodded.

"H?"

I shook my head and she sighed.

"The rest of them have girlfriends."

I nodded and wiped the tear that fell from my eyes.

"LP?"

I nodded again and she did as well.

"Does he know?"

"They all know. I mean, she doesn't know that it's him. But she knows the general idea."

"How did they react?"

"Uh, she asked me if he was going to be around, and if I wanted him to be around. And I told her I don't know, about both questions. And she said that I should at least give him the chance to be if he wants it. And I said that, I think out of sight, out of mind is better for everyone in this situation."

"How did everyone react to that?"

"Visibly upset. Then I turned around and left. Niall called out my name, but I just can't deal with more shit today."

She took my hand and kissed it again, "Do you want to go back to Canada?"

I sniffled and nodded, wiping my tears away again.

She nodded, "We'll leave tomorrow."

We had dinner, and went home. I went to my room and started packing my clothes up into my suitcases. After I was finished, my mom came upstairs.

"Arielle stopped by a little bit ago, I told her that you were sleeping," she said.

I nodded, "Did she say what she wanted?"

"She asked me to give you this," she said, handing me an envelope, "Are you sure you want to leave?"

"Uh, can I let you know after I read whatever is in this?"

"Of course, I'll be in the living room."

I nodded and she left the room. I sat down on my bed and opened it.

Samantha,

I know that this situation isn't easy for you. And I know that you did not do this on your own. Which is why I'm taking responsibility. Tonight, I'm going to tell Sophia what I did, what we did. And I'm going to tell her that I want to be there for you and for the baby. I don't want to be that guy, and I don't want to put a child on this Earth just to abandon it. That wouldn't be right, and that's not how I was raised. I would like to be able to speak to you tonight, at Arielle's house at around 9:30?

xo,
Liam.


I looked over at the clock and the clock changed from 9:29 to 9:30. I got up and grabbed my purse. With the letter still in hand, I ran downstairs.

"Hey hey hey where are you going?" mom asked.

I waved the letter at her and put it on the table before running out of the house. I got into my car and drove to Arielle's. There was one less car there than there was earlier. I got out and ran up to the door and opened it.

Arielle stood up as I ran into the living room.

"Your mom was packing when I came over, are you going to Canada again? I know you always use your flight portion of your fight or flight instinct but please don't leave. You're my best friend and we always keep each other such good company when the boys are gone," she said immediately, visibly upset.

I bit down on my lip as I looked at her. I looked at Liam. Sophia was no longer there.

I opened my arms to her and she hugged me. I pulled away from her and put my hands on either side of her face.

"I'll be damned if my child is born anywhere but Ireland," I said to her, making her smile.

"Hello, do I get a say in that?" Liam asked.

"Absolutely not," Arielle, Niall and I both said in unison.

"Got it," he nodded, "Ireland it is."

"Uh, Talia and Kelsey are coming over," Arielle said.

I smiled, "Really?"

She smiled and nodded, "Yeah, I told them it was a best friend emergency."

"Is it gonna be a musical night?" Perrie smiled.

"Are we going to be blessed enough to hear Sam sing?" Louis asked.

"Maybe," I said.

"Well, before all of that," Zayn said, "There's a conversation that should be had privately, I think."

I nodded, "Yeah I think so too."

"Use my room," Arielle said.

Liam stood up. We walked upstairs to Arielle's room and sat down on her bed.

"So, how have you been feeling?" he asked.

"Uh, alright I've been getting nauseous in the morning and if I don't eat enough. But in general, I've been alright," I nodded.

He nodded, "That's good though, normal right?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "I'm pretty sure."

"So uh, Sophia went back to London, she said she'd have all of her stuff out of my house by tomorrow night."

"She broke up with you? I'm sorry Liam, I didn't want-"

"I broke up with her, Sam. There's no fixing the trust that was broken, and she admitted she hadn't been faithful either so. It's for the best. I can focus my time on you and the baby now, and I don't have to figure out how to divide my time between all of it on top of working. I want to be around, Sam. I want to try to make this work with us, even if we don't really know each other."

I stayed silent for a moment before looking at him, "We can try, okay? I just... I've always been alone, I always thought that was what was best for me. It's not going to be easy."

"I understand," he nodded, "We'll work on it together."

I nodded and he kissed my cheek.

"Sam!" I heard Talia yell from downstairs.

I looked at Liam and he smiled and nodded, "Come on."

We got up and I ran downstairs.

"Whoa there preggers are you even allowed to run?" Kelsey said as I ran and hugged them.

"Oh please," I said as she hugged me and kissed my cheek.

"You okay?" Talia asked as Liam followed after me.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"Good," she smiled, "So, let's get this show going?"

I sighed and looked at her for a moment.

"I brought you your baby," she smiled, looking over at the wall where my guitar was leaning against it.

I smiled, "Let's do it."

"Oh my God can you do old songs that have really awesome politic meanings behind them?" Eleanor asked as we all walked down into Arielle's basement where all of the music stuff was.

"Only if we do t.A.T.u. first," Kelsey said as she picked up her drumsticks.

"Always t.A.T.u. first," Arielle said.

"They're going to kiss each other aren't they?" Liam asked Niall.

"We might," I said.

We set everything up and Talia stood beside me with her guitar.

We played a few songs on request of everyone else.

"Well, you know what you have to play next don't you?" a voice said from the staircase.

I looked over and my mom was standing there.

"Mommy!" Talia said with a smile.

"Hello baby," mom smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Oh you know, you ran out so fast. I got nosey and I have to come."

"You're always welcome," Arielle said.

"Uh, everyone, this is my mom, Dolores O'Riordan," I said, "Mom, this is everyone. Only people you might not know is Eleanor, and possibly Perrie."

"Are you joking? I rock out to Little Mix in the car daily," she said, making Perrie smile, "It's a pleasure to meet you all."

"It's a pleasure to meet you also," everyone said.

"You're like, my idol," Perrie said.

Mom smiled, "That's really great to hear. I love your voice, it's amazing."

Perrie smiled and Mom turned to me, "Now, on with it."

I started the beginning guitar part to Zombies by The Cranberries as she sat down beside Liam and patted his knee.

My singing voice was frighteningly similar to my mother's and as soon as I started singing the song, Niall put his hand over his mouth. Niall liked talking to my mother about Irish politics, and about the things that he had been too young to know was happening in the 90's and before. By the end of the song, he was tearing up. Arielle put down her bass and sat beside him and kissed his forehead. I put my guitar down and my mom stood up.

"I called your dad," she said.

I let out a sigh, "And? What did he say?"

"He's uh... he's disappointed. And angry. But that's because he never thought you would make the same mistake that he and I had. I tried to explain to him that neither what he and I did, nor what you and Liam have done are mistakes. But you know, he doesn't realize that it's hurtful to call a child a mistake. It's uh..."

"A happy accident," Zayn said.

"Exactly," she smiled and nodded, "And I told him that, if he was going to yell at you, or make you upset, or say anything bad at all about this, at any point, then to just not talk to you anymore. Because it would be better for you and for the baby, to simply not have him around if he's not going to be supportive. I think he'll come around, but I think he's going to take his sweet ass time with it."

"I wouldn't expect anything else from him, honestly," I said, "He's stubborn, and he sees so much of you in me that I think that bothers him a bit."

"Well, if he doesn't want to be supportive, then fine. Who needs him anyways? We never needed him before, why start now?"

"Your child already has like 5 uncles and like... 20 billion aunts if we include all of Louis' sisters," Arielle said.

"And like, a thousand grandparents because let's face it, all of the mom's have been wanting a 1D baby and they aren't getting it from anywhere else any time soon," Harry said.

"Let's pray," Mom said.

"I think one baby at a time is the best idea," Niall nodded.

"Take your birth control everybody," I said.

"I'd have to have sex to get pregnant, so you know, I'm good," Kelsey said.

I snorted, "You're funny."

Mom left after hanging out for a little while, and then we all stayed up late and watched Disney movies.

Everyone had fallen asleep on the couches, except for Liam and I.

"Arielle said you could take her bed if you want, even if you're not all big bellied yet, surely it isn't comfortable to sleep on a couch," Liam said.

"I don't like being so far away from everyone though," I said.

He looked at me for a moment.

"Come with me," I said.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Well I mean, we've already had sex. Not like cuddling can do much harm."

He chuckled and nodded. We got up and went upstairs. I had already changed into a pair of Arielle's pajamas. I crawled into bed while Liam stripped down into his boxers. He crawled in beside me and I turned towards him. He pulled me close and I rested my head on his chest. He put his hand on my stomach.

"We're having a baby," he said, a hint of disbelief in his voice.