Happy Accident

Two.

I was 6 months along now, and about 2 months ago, Liam had asked me to be his girlfriend, and gave me a promise ring. He left for On The Road Again this morning, and he felt awful about leaving. But I reassured him everything would be fine. I was labeled a high risk pregnancy, due to our family's histories of premature births. Liam and I were both premature babies. We had found out that we were having a boy. And today, Eleanor, Perrie, Arielle and I were going shopping for nursery furniture, since Zayn had finished painting the room that was going to be the nursery yesterday.

We went to Mothercare in Soho and looked around.

"We need to get some clothes or I'm going to go crazy," Perrie said as we had an associate pull the nursery furniture set, moses basket and travel cot that we picked out, along with the mattresses.

We had borrowed Geoff's truck so we could get everything home, and he, Karen and Des were meeting us at home to help us set up everything.
We got a pushchair travel system that came with a baby car seat, bedding for everything, decor for the room.

Karen came to the store and found us.

"I couldn't resist to look for clothes," she said as she hugged me.

I smiled, "It's alright, I don't think any of us can resist."

"Should we get premature clothes? Like... Just in case?" Arielle asked.

"Better to be over prepared than under," Eleanor said.

"I agree," Karen nodded.

They did have much, but we got what they had and decided we'd find more elsewhere. We got newborn clothes, and 0-3 month, just in case I ended up having this massive baby.

"He's going to be the prettiest baby ever, I swear," Perrie said, "His complexion is going to be flawless."

"Half Irish, Half British, while also being 1/4 black and 3/4 white," Arielle said, "Like a super baby."

We all laughed and then Perrie gasped and held up a little denim bodysuit.

"I don't care if you like it, I'm buying it for him and when I babysit him he's going to wear it," she said.

I laughed, "I love it."

We shopped our hearts out, until we decided we should try and get the stuff home so that Des and Geoff weren't too drunk by the time we got there.

"I'm not sure I like the color of the furniture," Karen said.

"Yeah me either," I said, "But it's the only set that had absolutely everything."

"Well why don't we paint it," Perrie said, "We can paint it really simple, we have extra paint of the stuff Zayn used for the walls, and I know where we got it and what the colors were called if we need more."

"We can do that tomorrow," Eleanor said, "For now we should at least get it all home and split up so that it's ready to paint."

I smiled. And I was grateful, for the support system that I had and the love that they gave to me and our baby.

"Have you decided on a name yet?" Karen asked.

"So far we have only agreed on two names," I said, "But I think we've come to a compromise that I'll pick of the ones we agree on for the first name, and he'll pick the middle name of the names we agree on."

"What first names do you agree on?" Arielle asked.

"Declan and Ryder."

"Oooh I like Declan," Karen smiled.

"So do I," I smiled.

"What about middle names?" Eleanor asked.

"We like Blake, Reilly, Braxton or Jaxon," I said.

"Ooh Jaxon would be cool. That way if he didn't want to be called Declan he could be called Jax," Perrie said.

"You know how I love my Sons of Anarchy," I laughed.

We got home and Des and Geoff helped us get everything inside. We got everything ready to paint tomorrow and Geoff and Karen said they'd come back to help set it up, but Des had to work so he couldn't. We all had dinner, then the parents left.

"So fucking cute," Eleanor said as we folded the baby clothes we had gotten, after taking photos to send to Liam.

"This is my favorite," I said, picking up a Batman all-in-one.

"Of course it is," Perrie laughed.

After we were finished folding the clothes, we put them in mine and Liam's closet temporarily. We watched a few movies, then everyone left. They were going to come back in the morning and help paint the furniture.

At around midnight, I was laying in bed when Liam FaceTime'd me.

"Hey babe," he smiled as I answered.

"Hey," I smiled.

"How are you and Peanut?"

"We're good. How are you and the boys?"

"We're all good. I got all the photos of the clothes and whatnot, they're all very cute. Especially the Batman one."

I smiled, "I thought you'd like it too."

"So what all did you do today?"

"Well after you left, the girls and I went to Mothercare and got the clothes and the furniture, we're going to paint the furniture tomorrow with the left over paint because it's white right now and we don't like the color so much but the set had all of the matching furniture we needed. We got a crib that came with the set, a moses basket, a travel crib for when he goes to other people's houses, a car seat and stroller set, and we got decorations for the room also. Then we came home and got everything unpacked and ready to paint, we had dinner, then your parents and Des left, we put the clothes away and then watched a few movies, then the girls left and I came upstairs after cleaning up the kitchen."

"Sounds like a tiring day."

"Yeah, it was. But I want to talk to you for a little while."

He smiled, "Well we can talk until you want to go to sleep."

"How was your flight?" I asked with a smile.

"It was alright, boring really. Zayn slept pretty much the whole time."

"Go figure," I laughed.

"The man loves his sleep. When we landed we came to the hotel and I showered and changed, then I called you."

We talked until it was 2 in the morning, then we said goodbye and I fell asleep.

The girls woke me up when they got there the next morning. I changed into painting clothes, we were sure to air out the room really well so I could participate. We painted everything, only having to go to the paint store once for more paint. Then when it was all done, we left it to dry and went out after I showered and got dressed to get more premature baby clothes, as well as diaper, wipes and other necessities.

We were pretty thoroughly stocked up when we were finished. We talked to Karen and Geoff when they came to help set up the furniture about the possibility of Peanut's eye color being either green or even blue. It was a small chance, but the chance was there. I had green eyes, Liam brown. But both of our family's had blue and green eyes in them as well as brown.

We got the whole nursery set up by the end of the night, which warranted photos to send to Liam and post on Twitter, because we all felt very accomplished.